• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R25 Roar away

scottmac

Suspended
. a typical Mariners performance without Monty really

. there is very little evidence that anybody else gives enough of a shit to step up (with Posco out too) ... particularly after we concede

. yet rumour has it Monty is surplus to requirements. he is all heart ... and if he goes, we'll probably have none next year
That all depends on who replaces him IF he's gone.

Big Al

It seems Okon has gone under the rader in our forum . My question is have we really improved since his appointment we can blame the players rightly but is it entirely thier fault last nights performance was no different to last season in my opinion our defence is soft putty our team has no guts or vigour.
No his subs have been wrong in last two games, but he knows his players have given up and he can't get them back because they are leaving.

He's had us playing much better defensively until we were out of the 6 for good, heads have dropped as they know the season and maybe even careers are over.

Just beat Newcastle and it will have been a decent year but definitely better than last year.

Paul gets judged the day he starts signing players and how they start next year. He has earned that with improving TW's rubbish

yorkshireman

That all depends on who replaces him IF he's gone.

Monty wants to stay BUT no contract has been offered YET. At the pub last night, Dan said that they are waiting to hear about the TV deal before anything gets done and won't be until after the last game. Roy WANTS TO STAY but will we do anything before other clubs sort through the available players and minimise our choices?

scottmac

Suspended
Roy wants to stay but more than likely won't on what we can afford right now unless MC puts his hand deeper in his pocket. We have done something with Roy but we are way short of what's been offered elsewhere.

With monty they will want to offer him as much as they can for his last few years but within our means. It's understandable they would wait until it's all clear about total tv deal for him. I can't see him going anywhere else tbh.

Timmah

I might be ignorant but I haven't seen an awful amount of player movement anywhere yet... time will come.

scottmac

Suspended
I might be ignorant but I haven't seen an awful amount of player movement anywhere yet... time will come.
This.
What is it, 125 players off contract and next to no player movement?
Aside from a league players we really won't know who they are looking at until it's end of season and the Mariners this year are a lot tighter with information than in the past.

Wombat

Monty wants to stay BUT no contract has been offered YET. At the pub last night, Dan said that they are waiting to hear about the TV deal before anything gets done and won't be until after the last game. Roy WANTS TO STAY but will we do anything before other clubs sort through the available players and minimise our choices?

Yes Monty wants to stay. He is confident he can easily get a 1 or 2 year contract elsewhere but really wants to stay with us.
I will be very pissed off if we don't give him another season!!

Wombat

I'd suggest we don't have a clue now.

It's alarming that Posco and Monty are the difference between us winning a game and getting absolutely smashed when they are both out.
That's how paper thin our squad is ( and we didn't bother to strengthen in Jan:mad:)

FFC Mariner

I suspect that they do try to train them - my issue is with them dropping their bundle under pressure. That smacks of weak individuals and thats not an age thing. Wilko bossed a much better, more experienced side when he was relatively young.

If the game became a scrap, Dukey, Bernie even Andershite would stand up - this lot are as soft as shit. A young Matty Simon anyone?

pjennings

Why is Roux the captain in Monty's absence? He is not particularly loud, and he doesn't lead by example. I can't see the point unless it is some kind incentive to get him to re-sign. If it is, then that is wrong as well.

yorkshireman

Why is Roux the captain in Monty's absence? He is not particularly loud, and he doesn't lead by example. I can't see the point unless it is some kind incentive to get him to re-sign. If it is, then that is wrong as well.
My thoughts exactly, He often plays poorly as well when Captain. His lack in leadership qualioties was really shown up when Posco played last time.

Ancient Mariner

My thoughts exactly, He often plays poorly as well when Captain. His lack in leadership qualioties was really shown up when Posco played last time.

Has anyone noticed that whenever Monty leaves the field he hands the armband to Roy, however when Monty is out Storm is captain?

Different views in the camp?

soccer mad

No his subs have been wrong in last two games, but he knows his players have given up and he can't get them back because they are leaving.

He's had us playing much better defensively until we were out of the 6 for good, heads have dropped as they know the season and maybe even careers are over.

Just beat Newcastle and it will have been a decent year but definitely better than last year.

Paul gets judged the day he starts signing players and how they start next year. He has earned that with improving TW's rubbish

I agree lets hope they can Finnish on a high against the jets

Timmah

No one is saying Okon out.
After being humiliated in Brisbane he deserves some questions.
My one would be.....who is training/teaching the defence?
That certainly seems to be the implication from a handful of posts.

The squad and the mistakes are the same ones we've seen scattered throughout the season. It's been accepted most of this campaign we lack the quality cattle to match it with the big teams and that happened yesterday.

Yes - the performance was unacceptable but it's Round 25, a number of players have nothing to play for at CCM anymore and we can't make finals.

I also think missing Montgomery was a huge impact and his return for the Derby should see us get a result - hopefully that's a win. I don't believe we deserve the spoon.

Wombat

Storm is not a captains arsehole. In fact he is not a fullbacks either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami