• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R25 Roar away

Timmah

Hyundai A-League 2016/17 | Round 25
Brisbane Roar v Central Coast Mariners

Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Sunday 2 April 2017, kickoff 7:00pm AEST

TV: Fox Sports 505
Radio: Coast FM 96.3 (EONSportsRadio) & ABC Grandstand

Referee Daniel Elder
Assistant Referee: Nathan MacDonald & Anton Shchetinin
Fourth Official: Alex King

6300664.png

Brisbane Roar squad:
3.Luke DEVERE, 5.Corey BROWN, 6.Avram PAPADOPOULOS, 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN, 8.Jacob PEPPER, 9.Jamie MACLAREN, 10.Brett HOLMAN, 13.Jade NORTH (c), 15.ARANA, 19.Jack HINGERT, 20.Shannon BRADY, 21.Jamie YOUNG (gk), 22.Thomas BROICH, 26.Nick D’AGOSTINO, 28.Brandon BORRELLO, 29.Joe CALETTI, 43.Tomislav BILIC (gk), 46.Cameron CRESTANI
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 15.ARANA (promoted), 46.Cameron CRESTANI (promoted)
Outs: Nil
Unavailable: 1.Michael THEO (gk) (suspended – 1 match), 4.Daniel BOWLES (knee – season), 11.Tommy OAR (hamstring – 1-2 weeks), 17.Matt MCKAY (knee – 4-6 weeks), 24.Connor O’TOOLE (ankle – 2 weeks)

6300859.png

CCM squad:
1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX (c), 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 5.Harry ASCROFT, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 19.Jacques FATY, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING, 26.Steve WHYTE, 27.Lachlan WALES
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 26.Steve WHYTE (promoted), 27.Lachlan WALES (promoted), 21.Michael NEILL (promoted)
Outs: 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (suspended – 1 match)
Unavailable: 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO (quad – 1 week), 6.Blake POWELL (knee – 3 weeks), 10.Mickael TAVARES (ankle – indefinite), 23.Jake ADELSON (ACL – indefinite)

------------------------------

Fixture History v Brisbane Roar (A-League)
Matches 42 / Brisbane 25 / Mariners 7 / Drawn 10
Goals Scored 50 / Goals Conceded 79
Biggest Win: Mariners 4 Roar 2 at Suncorp Stadium, 2008/09 Round 3
Biggest Loss: Roar 6 Mariners 1 at Suncorp Stadium, 2014/15 Round 24

CCM at Suncorp
Matches 21 / Wins 5 / Losses 5 / Drawn 11

#CCMvBRI Last Meeting
2016/17 Round 11, Central Coast Stadium
Brisbane Roar 2 Central Coast Mariners 1

Form - Last Five (A-League)
Mariners L D L L L
Brisbane D L W L W​

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Oh look, another godforsaken Sunday game.
And oh look, the derby the week after is, AGAIN, on a Sunday.
I've said it before, many times, but my god, the FFA are an absolute disgrace. I don't believe in referee conspiracies, but I absolutely believe the FFA hate us.
But when you have Gallop in charge, what do you expect? He clearly has never thought much of the central coast. I'm certain the FFA are trying to force CCM to fail.

Timmah

Lack of success + lack of interest + lack of ratings = shit timeslots.

It's an awful catch 22 but it's easy to see why we get shafted along with the scummers up the road and so on.

Fishsdad

Squads named. Whyte & Wales listed, no Monty, Powell or Posco.

Powell and Posco may both be injured, but I haven't heard anything about Monty being injured. Looks to me like Paulo has given the rest of this season away in favour of checking out options for 2017-18.

nebakke

Powell and Posco may both be injured, but I haven't heard anything about Monty being injured. Looks to me like Paulo has given the rest of this season away in favour of checking out options for 2017-18.

Says in the thing right the that Monty is suspended?

Big Al

I reckon we are a chance. Mckay is out he causes us alot of trouble and is really good at controlling the game.

A win could also put us in front of Jeta so a draw can be accepted in the derby

FFC Mariner

Monty suspended, Posco injured (shocking right?), Powell had surgery so hes off id say

Its that time in the season we have all been at, cant make the semis, only 10 of you bother to turn up and you just want the season to end

Fishsdad

Says in the thing right the that Monty is suspended?

Thanks Nebbake, I didn't read it too carefully.

Monty is so critical to our (current) team - can't see us getting close to Roar without him. We're likely to get minced in the midfield.

Wombat

We are better when no one expects us to win. If he is fit i'd start Faty in front of Ascroft.
I'd also start Trent in front of Appiah this week. Appiah is quick but thats no good if you leave the ball behind. Maybe bring Apps on if we have jagged a goal and are looking to close out the game.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Am I the only person who is really beyond caring about today? I almost feel like I can't even be bothered watching it....probably just that end-of-season mindset.
But I know I'm going to punish myself and watch is anyway.....expecting a solid loss though.
Worried about the Jets game. I feel like no matter the outcome, all 7 people who turn up are going to be disappointed with their team.

We are better when no one expects us to win. .
That's the worst part! We stick it to teams like MCY all game, hold our own and just lose off a mistake or two, then we play against the bottom team and act like we've never seen that weird round inflatable thing before.
The performance against the top teams is what keeps giving us hope - that's much harder than despair!!

Big Al

Actually a big game (for us). Can leap frog AU and Jets with a win, which would allow a draw next week against the Jets instead of must win.
Think the database issue played its part as well as went to answer Wombat a few days ago and couldn't

Big Al

http://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/okon-ccm-season-not-good-enough-456648

Okon said doubling last season’s points tally was motivation ahead of Sunday’s clash away to Brisbane Roar.

“We want to get our sixth win of the season,” Okon said.

“That’ll mean we’ve doubled the amount of wins last season.

“Is it good enough? Absolutely not. We’d hoped for more, but it is what it is.

Academy rising stars Steve Whyte and Lachlan Wates have been named in Okon's provisional squad to face Brisbane.

But Okon said he wouldn’t take the opportunity of the final three rounds to blood youngsters for the sake of it.

“It’s business as usual,” the former Socceroo said.

We have enough young players as it is.

JoyfulPenguin

Hoping O'Donovan starting means we have some chance of keeping him. Hope Berry can really prove himself today, wouldn't mind him starting the last few games. Don't understand why we have two left backs on the bench in Whyte and Neill seems Lachie Wales isn't rated too highly by Paolo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred