• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R23 v ADL @ Home

Cricko_086

Well we went from a weekend when almost everything went our way.. then to this game where it was back to normal of being against us.

I didn’t mind ya sitting back against a better team but when they got one up I was expecting at some stage some kind of push upfront but that never came unfortunately.

Either way we are a lot better now than pre Scum game!

Forum Phoenix

We deserved a point. AU are very lucky to get away with 3 points. First half we looked concentrated and determined. they looked skittish and vulnerable, we looked the better side, and if we just could of finished one of several chances before they scored I’d bet good money we’d have gone on to win it.

Kennedy is a joke. Yeah one great save that came straight at him, but I counted at least half a dozen errors. A lot of people think he could have gotten down for the volley. He does always jump high (literally over) and late for these kind of shots. Like he’s guessing at a pen. But I’d need to see the replay to see if he really had a chance to react or not.

That said. We are far better organised. And just having a back 4 is so ludicrously more effective. I still think we lack the striker we need and the ten we need and the depth in attack off the bench we need.

But with the pieces at his disposal Staj is doing a very good job so far. We were more than competitive in that game.

FFC Mariner

They deserved nothing - listless, unfit and looked like they simply couldnt be arsed.
Staj brings on the 3 players who have let us down all year - shows he isnt in charge and we can only hope his replacement (rumour is he isnt getting the gig) will have the balls to chop the dead wood

Pirate Pete

A bit like the first half of the Newcastle game. We seem to be
They deserved nothing - listless, unfit and looked like they simply couldnt be arsed.
Staj brings on the 3 players who have let us down all year - shows he isnt in charge and we can only hope his replacement (rumour is he isnt getting the gig) will have the balls to chop the dead wood

go on.......

Ancient Mariner

Just home, a few quick feelings.
Inconsistent refereeing about kicking the ball away. One yellow, Gem, all the others, Adelaide, ignored.
Thought a draw would have been fair by the way the game went.
Defensively we were better but were seriously lacking in attack.
The main reason I saw for this was that we played 3 DMs in the middle. Unfortunately this was due to the cattle available and unfortunately, because he was the most able Hiariej had to play forward. This is not his position and playing there is not helping him win a new contract.
We really miss a creative or even any real #10, Am or whatever you want to call it there was no threat in our attack.
Millar seems to be more committed under the new coach.
Back 4 were the best that are available at the moment.
F**k Mulvey for signing Matty and WeeMac for 2 years. Massive error that should have been obvious to blind Freddy before the contracts were offered. Both were struggling bench players going backwards. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
If we do not sign Staj we need to find someone of similar ability.
FFS we need a good Director of Football more than anything else as soon as possible.

Spacks

I always thought it was funny to be signing so many DMs. Definitely need a creative playmaker that's slippery and good on the ball.

NoDiggity

Strongly disagree mate. Since mulvey has been sacked the boys look like they’re putting in 100% each game. Fitness levels have definitely improved, even with 10 they played a full 90 rather than dropping off like every other game this year. I understand if you’re upset about the loss but I actually feel good about it. 1-0 loss with 10 men? Last home game we lost 8-2.

Big Al

Kennedy is a joke. Yeah one great save that came straight at him, but I counted at least half a dozen errors. A lot of people think he could have gotten down for the volley. He does always jump high (literally over) and late for these kind of shots. Like he’s guessing at a pen. But I’d need to see the replay to see if he really had a chance to react or not.

That said. We are far better organised. And just having a back 4 is so ludicrously more effective. I still think we lack the striker we need and the ten we need and the depth in attack off the bench we need.

But with the pieces at his disposal Staj is doing a very good job so far. We were more than competitive in that game.
You mean like this. Watch the back angle

true believer

That wall was nowhere near back 10 metres

Is Kurt Ams a straight up cheat or just incompetent?
lucky to be 7 . why wasn't jacobson carded for the fore arm before jems first yellow ?
middy was saying the club needs to make a song and dance of this shit .
kurt ams is a straight up cheat .

Wombat

Keenedy's attempt was shit as usual but who was picking up the Adelaide player. Someone wasn't doing their job

Show them the video of Lowry defending for Perth. Body in front of the ball.....under 10s stuff again.

pjennings

Keenedy's attempt was shit as usual but who was picking up the Adelaide player. Someone wasn't doing their job

If the ball had come straight through I would be blaming Kennedy. But he had it covered and Aspro deflects it away further. Aspro also headed the ball straight down the middle - schoolboy stuff.

turbo

I think our first half was measured, didn’t wear themselves out chasing any scrap and created some good chances, didn’t offer up any great chances for Adelaide so scoreline could have easily been reversed at half time but that’s the way it goes. Second half I was waiting for them to flick the switch and start pushing but it didn’t come and then down to 10 the comeback was unlikely.

I don’t think Jem’s tackle was terrible and didn’t have much force or studs showing when he got to the man but was still within yellow card territory and have to remember the ref might not have had the benefit of the angle we had in real time. He was trying to create the spark we needed to turn the game so I don’t mind it but his first yellow was stupid and came back to bite us.

Forum Phoenix

You mean like this. Watch the back angle
Yip. That’s exactly what I mean. If you compiled a Kennedy missed saved video you’d see he practically jumps over the ball all the fducking time. Watch good keepers and the weight drops and they can spring low and fast directly in the direction required.

Ok he might not get to it if he does what he should do but his effort is still piss poor. He sees it. Because his weight drops to go the correct way right as it’s struck. Two CCM players react infinitely faster than him and the ball is in the six yard box before he actually dives. I’d give him the benefit of the doubt about being unsighted... but he reacts late like this all the time.

He is not at HAL level.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

If the ball had come straight through I would be blaming Kennedy. But he had it covered and Aspro deflects it away further. Aspro also headed the ball straight down the middle - schoolboy stuff.

Ok I didn’t pick up the deflection. That may explain the level of late shitness in this instance.

But his actual reaction is still so poor. And his inability to come for almost anything and lack of confidence in catching high balls is unforgivable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred