• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R23 v ADL @ Home

Forum Phoenix

I think it made sense if you believed they were starting 11 quality. I was optimistic at first, but they aren’t and it was a mistake.

Matty has worked hard all year, and I know there were a lot of people who pushed back when I criticised him a bit earlier in the season. But a starting striker has to score and create a few goals and it was clear he wasn’t and wouldn’t,

Pain is now our highest goal scorer on 5.

Matty still has 4 goals. So do O’Neill and Hoole.

And it’s only in part about service. Dylan Wenzel-Hall’s got 4 for Brisbane and Duke has only been back for a short time and has 4 for bloody Wanderers. Matty’s played more games than either of them.
Jem voted fans player of the match.. not sure if people are taking the piss or serious.

He was our best defensive player till he was sent imo. And considering we weren’t doing any attack...

turbo

But a starting striker has to score and create a few goals and it was clear he wasn’t and wouldn’t
This. I'm not sure why anyone especially football professionals would expect otherwise. I think he had one season where he cracked double digits.

And it’s only in part about service. Dylan Wenzel-Halls’
Without talking him up too much Wenzel-Halls doesn't just score goals he makes them happen. You can give him the ball in the middle of the park and he will go beat some players and look for an assist or shot, it's great to watch. We haven't had one of those kind of players since we lost O'Donovan. I was surprised he didnt get a call up for the U23s, maybe he got noticed too late in selection but I would expect him to be in the picture for the tournament next year if he keeps playing regularly and well.

He was our best defensive player till he was sent imo
I'm not questioning the work he put in but I find it laughable our MOTM got sent off with plenty of game to go. I didnt vote because I didnt spot a stand out but lets not ignore that send off pretty much locked in the loss, going forward was always going to be even harder then.

turbo

Dylan WH is ok but nothing special imho
I'm not saying I'd sign him over an experienced talent like Berisha (especially of a few years ago) or Fornaroli but I'd trade Matty for him without hesitation. He's young and will keep developing with more game time, it's good to see considering our shortage of strikers at a national level.

Holy

Not many players I’m attached to in that seven either.

Looking forward to starting afresh aswell.

We’ve carried so much dead wood these past 5 years.

I’m not going to say sign Staj just yet, win one more and draw another and I probably will, but a new coach and a proper non money ball spend is something to be optimistic about.
Agree with that, but I’ve seen enough from Staj, to say sign him now.

My reasoning is that he has shown enough strategically and tactically already in 2 games than we have seen from any our our previous managers in the last 5 years.

He is exactly what we need. I really base this on his NT success. It sort of runs parallel to how we are, in that at NT level, you can’t just go out and buy quality players, you can only work with what’s available to you.

So as a NT manager, you have to be tactically up for each game, work to your strengths and come up with a plan to get the best possible outcome for the team. He’s been successful at this, unlike Okon who didn’t at NT level.

I think he would be able to work within a budget, unlike the last 4 managers, who cry that that haven’t had the money to buy quality players but have been tactically inept in the main. I just can’t see him using this as an excuse, rather I think he would go back and work out a way to win a game with what he has at his disposal.

I also think he would fit within our budget and would be astute enough to buy the type of players we need, even if they aren’t off the top shelf.

Looking for a different manager who has a high enough profile would come with a massive price tag and he’ll want a reasonable size budget, which he ain’t going to get.

I have really like how he has gone about his business so far. I like his quite demeanour, he gives the impression he is a real thinker, that he could really blend a squad into a successful team.

I really do hope he becomes our man.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred