• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R22: CCM v City at CCS

Wombat

Would have been smarter to cop the goal. Fornaroli did the intelligent thing, I dont think its against the law to block off the ball?
Posco's backpass was a shocker but Izzo could have EASILY put it out for a thrown in or banged it long.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Would have been smarter to cop the goal. Fornaroli did the intelligent thing, I dont think its against the law to block off the ball?
Posco's backpass was a shocker but Izzo could have EASILY put it out for a thrown in or banged it long.

If the ball isn't within playing distance and you've stepped off your line to charge the opponent, then that's a foul the other way. Also, just because you've thrown your back into somebody then been knocked over as a result, doesn't mean that player has charged you from behind.

Fishsdad

ARRARARRAAAAAAARRRRHHHH!!!!! I thought I was calm and cool about it again, but made the mistake of watching some of the Fox stuff - Kosmina reckoning Izzo's send off was a clear-cut red, but Connor's non-call was a complete nothing. Not to mention that HE DOESN'T f**kING RECKON WE HAVE MUCH TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IN THE REFFING!?!?!?
Watching the replay just angered me more... Fornaroli is clearly leaning back into Izzo, causing him to get thrown off balance and leading to the grappling and Tongyik catches Connor's heal before anything else...

- And now for some calm breathing...

Law 12: Fouls and Misconduct / Sending-off offences.
"A player...who commits any of the following offences is sent off"....
"denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving toward the opponents'goal by an offence punishable by a free kick"

There is further info on "Denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity", which reads as follows:
"Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned (i.e. Yellow Card) unless...the offence is holding pulling or pushing..." (etc)
"In the above circumstance(s) the player is sent off."

Izzo's was a clear Red Card. If it was Roy brought down by an opposition 'keeper in the same position and the keeper did NOT receive a Red Card, we would blow the roof off the stadium in anger. TBH I do not believe that any Ref would have made a different decision.

None of which excuses Kosmina's comment that we didn't have much to complain about from Fielding. The non- penalty to Pain was clearly a poor decision, and a game-changer. Even the Foxsports commentators at the ground thought it was clearly a Pen. I cannot help but feel that it would have been awarded to 'other' teams.

FFC Mariner

Izzo's arm around his neck as he drags him down in the photos is damning. To be one eyed is one thing, living in complete denial is another. It was a dead set pelanty and red card.

Thought Rose was immense again - thats the last 2 games he has been really solid.

pjennings

Izzo's arm around his neck as he drags him down in the photos is damning. To be one eyed is one thing, living in complete denial is another. It was a dead set pelanty and red card.

Thought Rose was immense again - thats the last 2 games he has been really solid.

I did think it was a red and a penalty - and still do. However, I can see the obstruction angle people are claiming. Simple thing though is if it looks like a penalty you can't blame the ref for giving it.

Wombat

If the ball isn't within playing distance and you've stepped off your line to charge the opponent, then that's a foul the other way. Also, just because you've thrown your back into somebody then been knocked over as a result, doesn't mean that player has charged you from behind.

Neither thing happened.
Running full pace, he was smart enough to keep his body between the ball and his opponent.
Clear penalty and send of at full speed. Can't blame the Ref for this one.

Wombat

Agree regarding Rose. I thought he was very average as a CM but he looks great as a CB.

JoyfulPenguin

I'll be interested to see who makes the bench as Reserve Goalkeeper for this one. Aidan Munford and Adam Pearce seem to be having a good battle for the number one keeper spot in the Academy.

nebakke

I don't disagree on the call on its own right. I think the photo shows why - but I also think that if you look at the full shot - the one from the front - you can see that the situation comes about largely because of Fornaroli's lean.
Even with that - the real reason why it pisses me off is the combination of the Pain thing and all the other bullshit calls that should've been made against them yet went ignored.

dibo

That's all true. But if you get pulled down, it's an easy call for the ref to give the penalty. It wasn't just body to body.

Big Al

Law 12: Fouls and Misconduct / Sending-off offences.
"A player...who commits any of the following offences is sent off"....
"denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving toward the opponents'goal by an offence punishable by a free kick"

There is further info on "Denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity", .
Got the minimum 1 week under this rule
Mark Jones got one week as well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred