• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R22: CCM v City at CCS

Timmah

Hyundai A-League 2016/17 | Round 22
Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne City

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
Sunday 5 March, kickoff 5:00pm

TV: Fox Sports 505
Radio: Coast FM 96.3 (EONSportsRadio) & ABC Grandstand

Referee: Adam Fielding
Assistant Referees: Scott Edeling & James Tesoriero
Fourth Official: Ben Abraham

6300859.png

Central Coast Mariners squad:
1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5.Harry ASCROFT, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 6.Blake POWELL (return from injury), 21.Michael NEILL (promoted
Outs: nil
Unavailable: 10.Mickael TAVARES (ankle injury – indefinite), (23.Jake ADELSON (ACL – indefinite)

upload_2016-12-30_12-37-51-png.753

Melbourne City squad:
1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 3.Josh ROSE, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 9.Nicolas COLAZO, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE, 21.Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI, 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Fernando BRANDAN, 34.Denis GENREAU, 40.Yaren SOZER (gk)
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 9.Nicolas COLAZO (promoted), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN (returns from injury), 34.Denis GENREAU (promoted)
Outs: 2.Manny MUSCAT (suspended – 1 match)
Unavailable: 7.Corey GAMEIRO (ACL – season), 20.Dean BOUZANIS (gk) (suspended – 2 matches), 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (ACL – season)

------------------------------
Fixture History v Melbourne City / Heart (A-League)
Matches 20 / Mariners 10 / City 5 / Drawn 5
Goals Scored 27 / Goals Conceded 25
Biggest Wins: Mariners 2 Heart 0 at CCS, 2012/13 Round 11
Mariners 2 City 0 at CCS, 2014/15 Round 14
Mariners 3 Heart 1 at CCS, 2011/12 Round 8
Biggest Loss: City 5 Mariners 1 at CCS, 2015/16 Round 9

City/Heart at CCS:
Matches 9 / Wins 1 / Losses 6 / Drawn 2

#CCMvMCY Last Meeting
2016/17 Round 16, AAMI Park
Melbourne City 2 Central Coast Mariners 1

Form - Last Five (all comps)
Mariners W W W L D
City L L D W L​

Last edited:

Big Al

Tumbi Tyres match day sponsor
Will we see that fruit loop from Newy at half time again?

Will the inconsistent weather keep some Cahill fans at home?

Have we got the same ball boy?

nebakke

I'm feeling fairly good about this game. Can't explain it. Just think we are due against these guys.

I don't know about feeling good but - I think we'd have been a chance of winning it with 11 players when we last faced them.
Since then Ferreira has replaced Powell at #10 and Posco has returned - both of which have been marked improvements so I'm curious to see how the boys go. It definitely shouldn't be impossible. Some of it will be down to who we get as a ref.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

does anybody know if the club has approached the FFA about our unfair scheduling?
We've always held our ground quite well against City, even when we've lost. Should be interesting.

JoyfulPenguin

does anybody know if the club has approached the FFA about our unfair scheduling?
We've always held our ground quite well against City, even when we've lost. Should be interesting.
Club only gets to make two recommendations to the FFA on the schedule each season. One is always to keep the NYE game and the other this year was Canberra. Don't think the club can do to much with our rather limited media profile.

Timmah

To be honest the complaints likely fall on deaf ears - and I can see why - for most of the season our turnarounds have been ok - very consistent particularly when we're Sun 5pm all the time.

FFC Mariner

Good grief no.
If we play as badly as we did against the scum we will be in trouble.
Hoping for a much better display and then who knows

Timmah

Good grief no what?

Chances are one or both of them will be left out anyway - it's required they list 18 players.

Tevor

Hopefully Posco stops Cahill from heading in a goal this game, it's become all to frequent for my liking and we can't use the Ball Boy joke too many times. Unfortunately we gave them a huge scare last time so they may not be complacent. Definitely have a feeling we could upset them if it all clicks for us.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
after the scumdome debacle, I've give up picking wins and losses ....here's to an afternoon of competitive footy ...any points will be a bonus

shipwreck

Im at the point where I would consider not playing on a Sunday at 5pm a win....before the ball was even kicked.

Im f**kING SICK OF THEM

pjennings

WSW and Nix both dropping points today, Jets hopefully down to the Roar tomorrow, a heap of players playing for contracts and potentially their professional football career. C'mon boys - the scene is set - time to step up and some Mariner's legends to be made. :fireup::fireup::fireup::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:

Big Al

Game day yeah hope the rain can stay away, would hate for Syd's Cahill autograph to smudge

Wonder how many of the rats will play on pirates day

Hope someone slaps Trent on the nuts and tells him to wake up and man up, been horrible lately but today he will bounce back.

Pain and Trent to score and Fornaroli for them 2-1 win to us

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred