• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R22: CCM v City at CCS

JoyfulPenguin

On my side and I thought it was more of a stumble live by pain looking for it. Replay shows some contact but my initial thought is soft and no penalty as long as goes both ways
You probably did have a better angle but even before Pain falls he is getting leaned on by Tongyik would have contributed to putting him off balance.

VicMariner

I got back from a fishing trip 20 minutes ago. Didn't catch anything. My car now has oil in the water and is leaking fluid in the driveway....turn on the TV and we are 2-0 down but if we win, it is a good weekend.
COYY

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Of f**king course. If anybody had any doubt over Fielding's consistency. Fornarolli stepped off his goddamn line to block Izzo, he was the one who initiated the goddamn contact.

Necevski in goals against sydney. That'll go well.

Ten bucks says Okon says something in the press conference that's not a quarter as bad as anything Muscat says but gets cited for it

I'd almost be happy for O'Donovan to headbutt somebody at this point. Kilkenny would be a good option.

Last edited:

shipwreck

Fornaroli has every right to shield the ball there, it's not up to him to make it a fair foot race... clear red, stupid by Izzo I'm afraid

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Fornaroli has every right to shield the ball there, it's not up to him to make it a fair foot race... clear red, stupid by Izzo I'm afraid
Given how far ahead the ball was when Fornarolli stepped into Izzo's line, he's treading a fine line to still argue it's within playing distance.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Blatantly throwing the ball away to stop the quick free kick, nothing.
Blatantly kicking the ball away to stop the quick free kick and WE get the talking to. f**king inept refereeing.

fitzy, of course, doesn't get anything for AGAIN kicking the ball away, starting shit then continuing it on.

My god though, we're fighting well. We haven't been treated fairly all game, City only need to step sideways and they get a free kick, numerous massive, match-changing decisions have gone against us, been behind most of the game and down a player for a significant part of it.

But man, we are fighting well - heads are high, you can see the frustration and disbelief but they keep fighting, and they don't look like they're down a player.

I'm proud of the boys, but aside from that, I can't deal with this right now. So angry, even neutrals on reddit are gobsmacked at just how uneven the refereeing was.

Last edited:

scoober

I'm happy to take the third on the chin and the red. Everything else was f$&kin awful and bias. Not happy FFA

shipwreck

I see what you mean, it was a bad touch by Bruno which took him wide, Izzo really should have gone down when he was bumped for it to be a foul, he went in hard and gave Bruno the foul he was clearly going for.

pjennings

Awful refereeing performance. That cost us 3 points and a player.

They were up 2 - 0 after 17 (admittedly probably playing better) but it should have been us ahead 1-0.

Handball by Brandan and no foul for Monty in the lead up to Fornaroli's first goal. Poor keeping by Izzo didn't help. Pain was fouled for a clear penalty that was not given. Maybe we don't score it knowing our record, but Monty's own goal would not have happened.

If we are 2-0 or 3-0 up Izzo has no reason to foul Bruno and he plays next week.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Most of it's all been said already.

Haven't felt that dirty at a referee for a good while. We were robbed.

Thought they put the Mighty back into the Mariners today. Terrific performance, city's oil money was not enough, we were just unable to beat the referee as well.

Sorry for the players, coach, club admin and fans. Really deserved a different result today and I think we could be easily 9 points better on the table through just a handful of shocking refereeing calls.

But it all evens out in the end... :headbutt:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred