• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R22: CCM v City at CCS

Pirate Pete

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/890390083761/Mariners-goal-keeper-has-shocking-brain-snap
Ball was 5 yards in front of Forno and he leans into Izzo. The more I watch it the less I see Izzo having committed a foul there.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/football/a-league/mariners-horror-minute!611285
The denied pen

The "denied penalty" incident. It looks like the ball goes out off of Pain for a goal kick. Well it would be a goal kick
if it wasn't a f***ing penalty that is.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Just to make things worse, Kilkenny is one of those kicking the ball away too to stop our quick free kick. So, MCY should have been a player down.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video/f...-conferences/mariners-press-conference!611323

I think this is the first time I've watched/listened to a press conference. I thought he was pretty restrained.
As he has to be if he doesn't want to get fined. You can just tell how pissed off he is.

Same, actually. Remarkably well restrained. He looks absolutely devastated.

Frustrating that it's very hard to hear the questions though.

MrCelery

I was very impressed by our overall performance tonight. considering the circumstances. Yes, even more silly mistakes and even sillier refereeing, but we more than matched it in attack with the City. For all their wealth, City were not that much greater than us.

A draw would have been a fairer result.

Pirate Pete

Shame Malik restrained Kilkenny after giving away the foul we scored from.
That could have earned Kilkenny a yellow. But as you say Cap'n even after
he was booked he stilled picked the ball up and stopped us taking a quick free kick.
Caceres, was still fouling after getting a deserved yellow he complained about.

Even after a few beers I'm still fuming
icon_mad.gif
about today. We deserved more. Just like against FC the other week.
The time wasting in injury time too.

Also I agree, I wonder what the questions were. I couldn't hear them.
Actually I was hoping that was his phone on the desk and his missus
would phone and ask him what time he'd be home.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yeah....so, on top of everything else that went wrong, MCY should have had a man down.
I have a weird mix of feeling utterly devastated after tonight, fuming (sitting outside polishing off a much-needed bottle of red right now, and listening to the dulcet tones of Daft Punk to try and calm down), but deadset couldn't be more proud of the team. The way they conducted themselves tonight, the way they played and fought.....man, this is what the Mariners are all about. That heart, that passion, that fight. Watching what they did on the field tonight, despite all odds, despite everything going wrong, and never saying die?

This game - this game, right here - this is why we're all Mariners supporters. Not even that, this sort of game, this is what elevates us from conceptually thinking it would be nice to see our local team do well, and what makes us sweat and bleed yellow and navy.

Big Al

Thought the boys were off in the 1st half, couple of nice plays but there was something missing but that goal on half time was great but even still almost gave it straight back.

Fought harder in the second and just had no luck today, that Bingham strike should have scored but nice save.

Posco was ordinary today, had 3 or 4 McGing passes today including the one that set up Izzo for his stuff up.

Appiah played quite well today, Trent looked a little sharper. Bingham looked really good and needs more minutes.

Appiah pass on opening attack was really good and Roy should have been in the middle to score but wasn't fast enough to keep up. Was a quick swift move to expose Rose but didn't manage to do it again although we did try and target Rose.

Our Rose was making some nice runs from deep again and those little chip flicks almost came off twice for Roy.

Monty fell over and hurt his knee celebrating the second goal. Tripped on the grass. Another goal celebration fail

Hate the fox guys but Kossie said Izzo built a wall and then hid behind it. Had to laugh as was true.

Fornaroli definitely interfered with Izzo But when you make that mistake and are behind the ref is looking for the penalty as looks a certain goal. Fornaroli is smart and does it all game.

Fighting hard but now missed two good opportunities to get past Newy and catch WSW, now need to watch AU coming at us.

Thought Roy was going to get a yellow in last couple of minutes he was getting very frustrated

Wombat

We were probably the better side and were about to win the game when Izzo f**ked up twice, first by losing a simple ball and second for conceeding a dumb penalty and send off. After that we guts it out well to still compete.
Izzo's free kick goal was also a complete cluster f**k.....the same rubbish he used to serve up all of last year.
Monty's own goal was poor but at least he we trying to make a difference.
All 3 goals were shitful and we simply beat ourselves tonight.

Izzo 2. One wondeful save from an unmarked player in extra time was sublime. The freekick and send off were simply woeful. I've been a massive fan of Izzo this year but today he cost us the game. I'm told he has signed for Adelaide. If you told me this last week I would be gutted, after tonight i'm happy with his decision. Sorenson looked vastly superior.
Roux 5. Weakest of the back four again.
Posco 6. Passing was very poor but still defended well. I like his composure in defence.
Rose 6.5. Some good moments.
Galloway 7.5. Best of the backs tonight.
Pain 6. Ok.
McGing 6.5. Still mistake ridden but i saw some good stuff from him tonight. My viewing buddies were not so happy with him.
Monty 6.5. He is a real enigma. He was a beast out there and his body check on Caceras was worth 10/10. But his short passing was poor but his long passing wonderful? Not his best tonight but still inspirational at times.
Fab 6. Mixed game.
Apia 6. Not bad.
Roy 6.5. Got to drive in on that back post Roy when we break coz Fab sure aint going to.

Plenty to like. The FFA stooge ruined the game but he didnt make us make 3 schoolboy errors to conceed 3 goals.

style_cafe

Yeah disappointed again even though we fought hard & never dropped our heads.
It just seems to be the mistakes that really cost us dearly.

Things like under-hit passes (Posco),wrong options (Pain),brain snaps (Izzo), all combine to give the opposition momentum.
It`s tough enough out there & we have to eliminate the errors before we can move forward.
In saying that ,there were some lovely passages of play that should have given us a reward.
I`m thinking Roy has been totally distracted by the contract situation. I`m not sure whether he`s trying to drive down his asking price but he hasn`t had a decent game since he scored the brace & I would have left Akk on & given Roy the punt when Izzo went off.

Roux was a lot better today & has seemingly broken through the invisable wall that stopped him going past the 18yd box in previous games.
I agree with Wombat regarding most players although I though AKK was playing really well before he was hooked.

Lastly TBH I thought the officiating was woeful.(then Pain incident should have been a penalty & a send off)
There were also times in the first half when MC were yards offside but nothing was given, although at least the liney was consistant & we got the benefit of some bad decisions in second half.

Tevor

It's all been said, I sit in bay 7 and towards the end of the game someone yelled out "surprised you have any hair left Okon" and his return death stare was priceless. You could see in his eyes how much he was hurting. Also he went very close to being carded at the start of the second half, what ever he said to the ref as he was walking away must have been a home truth as the ref did not look happy. It was at that moment I thought this bloke in the middle is not going to make up for his first half mistakes.

Agree that the ref was rubbish but silly mistakes cost us the goals. Was proud of how they played. Ivan gets a chance for redemption against SFC. Let's hope he is up for it as he will have to make some saves and that is a certainty.

Ancient Mariner

I`m thinking Roy has been totally distracted by the contract situation. I`m not sure whether he`s trying to drive down his asking price but he hasn`t had a decent game since he scored the brace & I would have left Akk on & given Roy the punt when Izzo went off.

I don't know that that is the problem. I was watch Roy positioning closely during the first half. He was making many great short runs while the ball was in our midfield and City's defence was high, but did not get a pass once. In the past when our midfield have passed to him in this position the pass has been delayed and he has been caught offside. You can understand that after making many of these runs you can wonder why you bother.

He is a classic fast, off the last defender's shoulder type of striker, and we are failing to make good use of his abilities.

I noticed Appiah was making these short runs also without reward. Sure, he was given a couple down the line to chase but that is the limit of our attack. Kick it down the line and let the wingers use their speed.

Our front three could be massive with an AM with the ability to just lay a short ball in behind the defence. Very frustrating.

I am even coming round to thinking that Wombat's preferred 442 (or even 4411)could work if Bingham could play a distributing role.

Forum Phoenix

Again Bingham made a difference I thought. Roy is a good striker but struggles to bring us into the game against this leagues CB's imho.

Thought Pain was in better form and I saw the same issue with his wanting to be released also.

JoyfulPenguin

Bingham has done some great hold up play and is great at laying the ball off to a supporting player as a player his strengths and weaknesses are the complete opposite of Roy's. I think Bingham might be in high demand if he finishes the season as strongly as he has been. Necevski is playing for his professional career, I highly doubt he will have a contract next year if he can't produce an exceptional game against Sydney, I don't think Matt Nash could save him if he doesn't perform. I hope he can because he seems like a great guy but I'm not entirely optimistic. He did however, make a very difficult save look easy yesterday and one that many starting A-League keepers have struggled with. Izzo was much improved after the initial free kick error, until his sending off of course, I don't think he will return to last season's form and the initial error to put him in an horrendous situation was more Posco's fault than his.

nebakke

I was talking to the guys, about the rotation up the front... I think we've generally used it well and I actually thought it stood us in good stead several times this weekend, but it feels a bit like they're still working out what the gameplan is at any given time, when the positions have swapped... You see glimpses of it, ever so often, when they suddenly realise who is where, but most of the time right now, it seems to end up with passes either going into nothingness, or surprising the intended recipient.
Given another off-season it could probably work wonders, as it seems to be a potentially bountiful approach with already very fast wingers moving around against tiring defences etc... Something to add to the list with the corner practice and learning to look before they pass ;)

Also, I thought Appiah had an excellent game, again, he works so hard at both ends and I noted that part of Storm's improvement was around him and Appiah communicating and Storm directing him to help out with in defence against Brandan if Storm couldn't keep up or was covering elsewhere.
I'm fairly I would sign the Appiah that played this weekend, at least as a squaddie, so hopefully he keeps it up.

Big Al

Saw a replay of Pain non penalty and have changed my view, Tonyink legs hits Pain in the bum just before goes down.
In real time angle from camera doesn't show it as clearly as the slow motion.

Connar does this a bit of cutting in a dropping looking for the penalty, think that cost him today.

Izzo has never improved his free kick walls and positioning. We have just stopped giving fouls near top of box as we know he sucks.
The Brisbane bullet a few weeks ago was also on his side of a very weak wall.

He is the most athletic keeper and while has shit walls, clumsy feet and a week mind they are all coach able issues. Good luck Adelaide

JoyfulPenguin

Saw a replay of Pain non penalty and have changed my view, Tonyink legs hits Pain in the bum just before goes down.
In real time angle from camera doesn't show it as clearly as the slow motion.

Connar does this a bit of cutting in a dropping looking for the penalty, think that cost him today.

Izzo has never improved his free kick walls and positioning. We have just stopped giving fouls near top of box as we know he sucks.
The Brisbane bullet a few weeks ago was also on his side of a very weak wall.

He is the most athletic keeper and while has shit walls, clumsy feet and a week mind they are all coach able issues. Good luck Adelaide
The wall setting I don't think is Izzo's fault, he has been doing it for so long Matt Nash should be helping him to correct it. He's done it more than three times and when that happens you can't blame the player clearly a lack of communication or understanding from one of them has occurred.

nebakke

ARRARARRAAAAAAARRRRHHHH!!!!! I thought I was calm and cool about it again, but made the mistake of watching some of the Fox stuff - Kosmina reckoning Izzo's send off was a clear-cut red, but Connor's non-call was a complete nothing. Not to mention that HE DOESN'T f**kING RECKON WE HAVE MUCH TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IN THE REFFING!?!?!?
Watching the replay just angered me more... Fornaroli is clearly leaning back into Izzo, causing him to get thrown off balance and leading to the grappling and Tongyik catches Connor's heal before anything else...

- And now for some calm breathing...

Timmah

Izzo's brain explosion was difficult to watch but it hardly reverses the good work he's put in all year.

He'll still be a loss to us if he's off to Adelaide.

As for Adam Fielding, he can eat a bag of...

Well, y'know.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well, fark moi, that game had the lot didn't it, own goals, brain snaps , red cards, the lot ....it might be just me, but the boys don't appear to be either looking where their team mates are OR said team mates are out of position most of the time...I reckon having Roy and Bingaz up front at the same time for the rest of the year will help ......and how about Fitzy , grumpy f**ker , we only signed him cause his mum was hot
upwards and onwards

Big Al

ARRARARRAAAAAAARRRRHHHH!!!!! I thought I was calm and cool about it again, but made the mistake of watching some of the Fox stuff - Kosmina reckoning Izzo's send off was a clear-cut red, but Connor's non-call was a complete nothing. Not to mention that HE DOESN'T f**kING RECKON WE HAVE MUCH TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IN THE REFFING!?!?!?
Watching the replay just angered me more... Fornaroli is clearly leaning back into Izzo, causing him to get thrown off balance and leading to the grappling and Tongyik catches Connor's heal before anything else...

- And now for some calm breathing...
Think they a bit harsh on Izzo as well on the red card. Yes stuffed up as far as the kick went but then you are in survival mode.
To say he should be thinking about these new laws instead of just busting a gut to get back is harsh. After Fornaroli has that bad touch he's a chance and had Fornaroli not cut him off would have got there first. Sure he puts his arms all over Fornaroli but that was due to being cut off.
To say he should just let him score is against the moral laws of sport. I'd rather he stuff up trying than just give up a goal and go ah well we still have 11 players.

Also we see heaps of penalty takers go down the middle now. I'd like a keeper to hold his ground and not dive. People will say o he didn't try but it will say to strikers you can't paneka or go hard and straight against me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred