• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R20 v Brisbane @ Gosford

marinermick

If this likely lie is true they are thinking that they soften the blow by presenting Tommy H as injury prone. This will backfire royally.

Antlion

“Tom unfortunately was plagued by injuries this campaign”

We will lose 2-0 tomorrow night.
You mean like this?

"Tom Hiariej is once again injured," Mulvey said.

"Ever since I’ve been here he seems to have had an injury that’s hampered him which is a great shame."

'Embarrassing'- Mulvey reveals extent of Mariners pain
Josh Thomas
@Joshua_Thomas97
Last updated 32 minutes ago

It's been another tough season for Central Coast fans and Mulvey isn't proud about it

Mike Mulvey arrived in Gosford desperate to turn the club around but Central Coast Mariners are now staring down the barrel of consecutive wooden spoons.

Injuries and failed foreign signings haven't helped Mulvey's cause with the Mariners only winning their first game of the season earlier this year.

The former Brisbane Roar coach revealing the lack of success has made every-day life on the Central Coast particularly difficult.

"It’s actually quite embarrassing as coaches and players to walk around Gosford and Terrigal because we want to give the fans something to cheer about," Mulvey said.

"We need to give our fans something to cheer about - that’s the aim."

A decisive clash against fellow A-League battle Brisbane Roar on Friday looks set to determine which club finishes last this season and Mulvey isn't ready to throw in the towel anytime soon.

The Mariners were unlucky not to beat Sydney FC last weekend in a 1-1 draw and will fancy themselves against a Roar side that was battered 4-0 by Perth Glory.

"It’s vital. The season has not panned out the way we wanted it to but since the turn of the year we’ve had some moments of real optimism with performances," he said.

"We had a good draw against Sydney last week and now we need to build on that."

Article continues below
Mulvey must contend with fresh injury blows however with Tommy Oar ruled out for the season and Tom Hiariej picking up another niggle during the week.

"Tom Hiariej is once again injured," Mulvey said.

"Ever since I’ve been here he seems to have had an injury that’s hampered him which is a great shame."
https://www.goal.com/en-au/news/emb...t-of-mariners-pain/1bsge205t3vgv1sm7qi4t2gqdm

Josho Howe

I heard that he was seen limping off the pitch at training the other day with a concerned look on his face so l think this is a legit injury guys.

Michael

I heard that he was seen limping off the pitch at training the other day with a concerned look on his face so l think this is a legit injury guys.

Yeah just sucks. Melling has an easy way back in. And it’s basically guaranteed that Mulvey will use this as an excuse to not extend tommy.

I’m not ready to be extremely upset about it tbh

marinermick

Well it just shows how badly the brand is tarnished if we immediately thought the club is bullshitting.

priorpeter

Was seen limping off with the physio very visibly and audibly frustrated.

Watch mulvey use this as an excuse to not re-sign him, and then probs offer Gamiero a 5 yr deal...

TysonP

Mulvey's comments are definitely setting up for an 'injury prone' reason for not re-signing him, even though Mulvey signed Gameiro and Oar.
We only have 7 points this season and Tom handed us at least one of those.

marinermick

Mulvey's comments are definitely setting up for an 'injury prone' reason for not re-signing him, even though Mulvey signed Gameiro and Oar.
We only have 7 points this season and Tom handed us at least one of those.

And Mulvey has been partly to blame for this

A few of us were at the preseason game versus the Wanderers. Early in the second half it was apparent that Tommy was not right and his hobbling got progressively worse as the half went on. We were all calling for him to be subbed.

Mulvey made him play a full game. When he came past us he could hardly walk. He did his groin again.

He subsequently missed the next four to five weeks of preseason.

Anyone with half a brain knows that as soon as you get a groin twinge you have to come off. It is something you cannot run out and will just get worse.

Michael

In the match preview Mulvey even took the chance to have an unwarranted dig at Toms defensive work rate. What an absolute f**king flog.
His mind is made up.

Toms gone.
Every coach wants high defensive work rate in their CM/DM (like what Tom HAS). If the coach doesn’t think that player has it, they’re either dropped or in the pro game, gone.

I hate you Mike Mulvey, I really do. I was full of so much optimism when you arrived. You talk so much bullshit and don’t put anything into action and make such ludicrous squad/line up decisions the f**king very average punter (me) can see is wrong.

And now I’m upset.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred