• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R20: Mariners v City

rbakersmith

Did anyone catch the interview with Storrie just then on Fox? I was sitting too far away in the stadium to hear what was being discussed...

adz

Staff member
Just rehashing the news of the week; he was brought in to restructure the whole club, looking in Australia and England for a new coach (seem to be aiming around a June deadline), Hutch will be in an assistant coach role next year, although not assistant to the head coach.

greenlig

Gooood. That felt a lot better. How about that free kick? One of the best set pieces from us in ages. Cernak has a pretty ordinary touch at times, which is probably the biggest thing holding him back from being really good, but the energy and creativity he brings is worth so much. Having him and Fab out on the wings makes us much more creative and potent. Now all we need is a big no. 9 like Macca to start banging them in. Hutch and Monty were both really solid.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well...I honestly thought we might have got pumped with Kennedy up front, BUT, nup, he was virtually invisible......I though we were gonna go 90 without a replacement....Cernak and Fab were bonz, Fitzy could of pulled the trigger a time or two but went for control instead, that'll change once his confidence improves....Major getting some more game time will solve the striker problem methinks...Monty had a cracker, even if he got turned a time or two, generally, the boys had a fairly good hitout ....heres to improvement and more 3 points

nebakke

Not being much of a footballer myself, can someone explain to me, what exactly it was that Fitsy should've done better, off that header?
I'm genuinely curious, as I struggle to see it. Yep, it should/could've been a goal, but the way it looked to me, he had his back to the goal, headed it with quite a bit of power, across, without being able to see where Velaphi was.
I thought it had more to do with being a good save than a poor effort, but to be honest, I'm never quite sure where I think the commentators are just letting out s**t and where I'm just not experienced enough, watching the game.

Nice to get another win though, and well-deserved too I thought...

greenlig

Not being much of a footballer myself, can someone explain to me, what exactly it was that Fitsy should've done better, off that header?
I'm genuinely curious, as I struggle to see it. Yep, it should/could've been a goal, but the way it looked to me, he had his back to the goal, headed it with quite a bit of power, across, without being able to see where Velaphi was.
I thought it had more to do with being a good save than a poor effort, but to be honest, I'm never quite sure where I think the commentators are just letting out s**t and where I'm just not experienced enough, watching the game.

Nice to get another win though, and well-deserved too I thought...

Slater loves to make bold calls about what players should be doing. It's actually the worst part about football commentating in Australia, they always try to coach the game from the box and come off sounding like wankers (Hill excluded). I think someone like Simon might have made more of that, but it was a solid effort.

nebakke

Slater loves to make bold calls about what players should be doing. It's actually the worst part about football commentating in Australia, they always try to coach the game from the box and come off sounding like wankers (Hill excluded). I think someone like Simon might have made more of that, but it was a solid effort.

Thanks mate, appreciate it :) that's pretty much what I though and so, I usually just ignore it... Usually a combo of not knowing what I'm talking about and suspecting that they don't know much more ;)
But every now and then, I see something like that and think, there's a point where physics and the lay of the land, so-to-speak, decides so much that you can only do what you can do... That there struck me as one of those situations. He he not had his back to the goal, he'd have probably scored... Only if he hadn't had his back to the goal, he wouldn't have seen the ball coming ;)

nearlyyellow

Was there another code game recently at CCS? The playing surface looked unusually roughed up. Very pleased with the win though. 6k. crowd was better than I expected, I had guessed at sub 5k. Lots of families there it seemed, with only the kids having Mariners colours on. Still good to see.

Forum Phoenix

Thanks mate, appreciate it :) that's pretty much what I though and so, I usually just ignore it... Usually a combo of not knowing what I'm talking about and suspecting that they don't know much more ;)
But every now and then, I see something like that and think, there's a point where physics and the lay of the land, so-to-speak, decides so much that you can only do what you can do... That there struck me as one of those situations. He he not had his back to the goal, he'd have probably scored... Only if he hadn't had his back to the goal, he wouldn't have seen the ball coming ;)

A lot of quality strikers would have headed it down. Unstoppable from that range unless it literally hits the keeper. He made good contact but unfortunately aimed at the perfect height for a keeper - hand reactions are quicker than feet and the flight is a lot easier to read - when level or rising.

Nice to see some serious grunt and desire today. A deserved and well fought win I thought. Mooy was threatening to take total control and so they got stuck right into him. Was a critical piece of leadership by Hutch, Monty and also Poscy to really badger him.

Caceres has the best feet in the team, he's exciting, willing to put in and has a good attitude... but he has the worst positioning and movement of a #10 in the league by far. I don't have it in for the kid, but he needs to drastically improve his play off the ball. He just presents so poorly, sits behind opposition players and finds no space, while continually putting his hands out gesturing for a ball - that should not be played, and is then not played, because there are typically two players often in direct line blocking it's path. It's bizarre to me. Net result is that it creates a huge problem in our transition. Our distribution channels via DM's are regularly shut down and he's unavailable, except for a short pointless back and forths, so our CB's have to carry the ball forward more often than is usual or sometimes healthy. When the ball finds Caceres in space - it is rarely due to any clever movement of his own, he's exceptional in tight spaces but that does not mean he should just be letting himself receive in such tight spaces so often. He has the technical ability to do be one of the best players in the league - but has to stop playing and reading the game like it's a game of bloody futsal.

Ferreira is a great example. Terrific runs and changes of direction. Guy is class. That turn to then lay off a pin point accurate pass with the outside of his foot 40 metres was serious quality. Adelaide f**ked up big time imo. And honestly, if you gave Caceres feet to Cernak, he'd be unbelievable - he had another great game today which makes you think all year he's been benched or not even in the squad while Duke is forced to play wing when he should have been our starting striker. Anyway... how good is it to go and watch a win!!

Best CCM imports...
1. Dutchy.
2. Weemac.
3. Ferriera.

Daylight to all others.

What do others think?

true believer

When the ball finds Caceres in space - it is rarely due to any clever movement of his own, he's exceptional in tight spaces but that does not mean he should just be letting himself receive in such tight spaces so often. He has the technical ability to do be one of the best players in the league - but has to stop playing and reading the game like it's a game of bloody futsal.

where is that hit the nail on the head icon ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred