• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R2 v Jets - 48th F3 Derby

Forum Phoenix

For all our complaining about Simon, there's no game that I'd rather see him score in that the one true derby.

You're assuming he will remember to try and score...

"Tactics, positioning and video analysis you do during the week goes out the window,”

I love Matty's passion... but it'd be handy if he could also remember his position. Is it really too much to ask for both?

nebakke

That’s not at all what anyone said... let the hatred spew forth

Mate, no hatred from here, at all, but the exact quote from Luke on the podcast was: "He's wanting you to hate them and you're playing into that, basically, it's doing exactly what they want you to do".

I don't actually disagree with Josh either, it was intended as a friendly jab, it was just funny because I've been behind on my podcast listening and had just listened to that episode before I saw the O.P.

Edit: I don't word well either, fixed some typos

Last edited:

turbo

I worry that Matty will be at risk of being sent off again if it’s a fiery game. The jets will know his recent form and see getting under his skin as an easy path to a 1 man advantage.

On one hand I want Staj to hook him if he gets a yellow but also don’t want to see us have to make a sub in the first half because he can’t be trusted to back off.

adz

Staff member
I worry that Matty will be at risk of being sent off again if it’s a fiery game. The jets will know his recent form and see getting under his skin as an easy path to a 1 man advantage.

On one hand I want Staj to hook him if he gets a yellow but also don’t want to see us have to make a sub in the first half because he can’t be trusted to back off.

His style of play doesn't suit 90 minutes or being in a team that gets red cards - as opposed to playing for Sydney, coming off the bench and being able to flatten defenders and the keeper without any sort of repercussions.

Michael

If matty starts I lose any confidence I currently have that we will get the 3 points.
Shut down petratos and they don’t have any other creative options as I reckon fitzy can be contained comfortably too. They’re visa striker is pretty decent big and quick but I have faith in kye and dyl right now.
Sammy has to start I reckon not quite sure at the expense of though, probably gg and bring him on after 70 when we’re hopefully in front.

Elite

For all our complaining about Simon, there's no game that I'd rather see him score in that the one true derby.
Shakas at the ready gentleman!
shaka_sign.png

Hi everyone,
Dave here. I'm the new Media Manager at the club.
I'll put my hand up and say yesterday's post was probably a mis-read of the room from me, given my experiences so far working hands-on with the other clubs in the new HAL structure to help drive promotion. Certainly wasn't meant as any disrespect towards you all, our fans, and after noticing the early feedback I removed the tweet and changed the captions elsewhere.
I'm certainly looking forward to my first #F3Derby, and the passion on show tomorrow at the stadium and it's great to see lots of people talking about the club and the game ahead of the weekend.
I'll be around on here every so often, and if anyone ever wants to meet or catchup around the place, don't hesitate to get in touch with me!

marinermick

Hi everyone,
I'll put my hand up and say yesterday's post was probably a mis-read of the room from me, given my experiences so far working hands-on with the other clubs in the new HAL structure to help drive promotion. Certainly wasn't meant as any disrespect towards you all, our fans, and after noticing the early feedback I removed the tweet and changed the captions elsewhere.
I'm certainly looking forward to my first #F3Derby, and the passion on show tomorrow at the stadium and it's great to see lots of people talking about the club and the game ahead of the weekend.
I'll be around on here every so often, and if anyone ever wants to meet or catchup around the place, don't hesitate to get in touch with me!

Big ups for your transparency and flexibility to change things.

priorpeter

Hi everyone,

Props for owning the mistake as well mate, fair play. Hopefully catch you tomorrow!

Ironbark

Hi everyone,
Thanks Dave. As you know fans are emotionally invested in their club and it's easy for those emotions to lead to all sorts of tangents and conclusions that might not always be the case. Shaun has made a quality effort over the years to get on here, share some info and set things straight and I can tell you it has really made a very positive difference for a lot of us as well as building trust and rapport - especially during some hard times.
So we do genuinely appreciate the visit and don't be a stranger. It's an impressively easy-going, civilised (most of the time!) and informed forum compared to most I've seen.
Cheers and welcome aboard. Hope it's an enjoyable ride!

Michael

Hi everyone,

Big ups mate, transparency and clarity from the club are paramount in these crucial times. Thank you.

adz

Staff member
Hi everyone,

All good mate and don't take any criticism personally.
For me personally I've had pre/post match beers with fans from every team except Newcastle.

Welcome to the forum too!

Big Al

I know this is a pretty small thing and l might be on my own here, but l am definitely not having the club tweeting out a caption that included ''mates today'' with a photo of Ziggy, Staj, Hoffman and Ernie. We're not f**king mates any day, it's the damn derby. I hate them and they hate us, how a footballing derby should be. ''Mates today'' my arse.
But Lawrie is our mate right? More poor platic attempts at shit banter.

Why not go with bring your mates. Pretty bloody simple. That way the. Sponsor gets a little mention and everyone is happy.

We suck off the pitch atm

Just saw the apology so. Happy with owning it but you need to know a derby better than that

Josho Howe

Hi everyone,

No worries mate, l certainly didn't mean any malice towards you or the club, l understand where the club were going with the caption, but imo, we can't call our biggest rivals mates. There's no way 2 rivals who will play each other on the week come together for a media conference and 1 of the teams tweets out anything friendly in regards to their enemy. I don't see it as a massive deal, but hate is part of it! I know hate is a strong word but as a diehard CCM bleed yellow and blue, l hate them with every fibre of my being. Fire up, get around the boys and enjoy my personal favourite game of the season. #FTS

Kit Walker

Hi everyone,
I will take you up on that offer Dave.
I’m happy to meet tonight at Wamberal Beach at 11.47pm. Don’t be late.

turbo

I’d like to see same again including Muzz starting not Matty. If fitness isn’t an issue I suspect we’ll see Simon for Murray and Silvera off the bench again to prevent Newcastle hacking away at him for an hour before the ref finds his cards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred