• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R2 v Jets - 48th F3 Derby

Forum Phoenix

We’ve got a bye next round, if Kim isn’t good for round 4 then it’s time to worry. Could just be over protective of him.

Yeah the question is, is it because he’s not fit yet due to his previously injured leg. Or has he injured it again.

Anyone know has he trained this week?

Josho Howe

I know this is a pretty small thing and l might be on my own here, but l am definitely not having the club tweeting out a caption that included ''mates today'' with a photo of Ziggy, Staj, Hoffman and Ernie. We're not f**king mates any day, it's the damn derby. I hate them and they hate us, how a footballing derby should be. ''Mates today'' my arse.

Elite

I know this is a pretty small thing and l might be on my own here, but l am definitely not having the club tweeting out a caption that included ''mates today'' with a photo of Ziggy, Staj, Hoffman and Ernie. We're not f**king mates any day, it's the damn derby. I hate them and they hate us, how a footballing derby should be. ''Mates today'' my arse.
100%. Thought the exact same thing as soon as I saw it. They're our biggest rivals...always have been, always will be. They will never be our "mates". What a ridiculous post.

FFC Mariner

Never be my mates - this fake 'banter' from the club is cringeworthy. They hate us, we hate them

true believer

Yeah what a bozo . Probably the same guy recruiting strikers

Last edited:

shipwreck

Well that explains alot, dare I ask if they have ever been to a football game or are they just really good with instagram...

Wombat

Never be my mates - this fake 'banter' from the club is cringeworthy. They hate us, we hate them

They are inbred, uncouth, unemployable scum. No humour or wit....just bogans. Mouth way bigger than the brain.

What is too like?....................but not as bad as they used to be..... now, i would piss on them if they were on fire.

Reactions: adz

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Well that explains alot, dare I ask if they have ever been to a football game or are they just really good with instagram...
That sort of campaign is going to need higher approval. And don't forget - this is completely in line with what SM tried to get happening at the FFA cup before LM ran with it....

Ironbark

Truly baffling.

I actually don't mind the clubs working in each other's interests off the pitch - but you build up a derby with fire, not cuddles.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Truly baffling.

I actually don't mind the clubs working in each other's interests off the pitch - but you build up a derby with fire, not cuddles.
This. I actually feel like the clubs should share a close working relationship. But this is the wrong way about it.

Ironbark

‘I want to smash them every time’: Mariners, Jets players trade F3 derby blows
Matthew Comito
3-4 minutes
Central Coast Mariners and Newcastle Jets players have had plenty to say ahead of Saturday’s highly-anticipated F3 derby.

One of the Hyundai A-League’s oldest rivalries, the fixture is set for its 48th instalment this Saturday night in Gosford.

Of the previous 47 battles, Newcastle have prevailed 16 times and the Mariners have won on 15 occasions.

That record, the desire to win local bragging rights, and the hunger to put a marker down for the rest of the season, makes Saturday’s match a must-watch.

“It’s obviously a special game and it’s something both sets of supporters look forward to,” said Newcastle defender Nigel Boogaard.

“I always like coming up against Simmo (Mariners captain Matt Simon). We’ll always shake each others hand before the game but after that we’re best of enemies.

“It’s always exciting to know you can go 90 minutes full-leather against your best mate, it’s all because both of you just want to win.

“There’s always been passion there from day dot, from year one.

“There’s still rivalry there and a mutual hatred among fans... it’s a big match to have bragging rights over your local neighbour.”

Simon, now in his tenth season with the yellow and navy, knows how much the match means to everyone involved.

“It’s a massive game on the calendar personally,” Simon said.

“I always make sure I let the boys know it’s a huge game for the fans.

“It’s the original derby of the A-League and it’s one to look forward to.”

GettyImages-1085873030%20%281%29.jpg

Matt Simon
Mariners goalkeeper Mark Birighitti is due to line up for his first derby in Mariners colours having previously spent four campaigns with the red and blue of Newcastle.

"Tactics, positioning and video analysis you do during the week goes out the window,” he said.

“It’s whoever wins the individual battle come game day fighting for one another; whichever team does that will get the bragging rights.”

After a first round bye, Ernie Merrick’s Jets are raring for Saturday’s season-opener and centre back Nikolai Topor-Stanley knows just how important it is for his side to kick off their campaign with a win.

“It’s no different for both clubs, it’s a game we desperately want to win and get off to a good start,” Topor-Stanley said.

“This is a new start to the season, it’s a chance to re-write the history books, it’s a chance to re-write form guides.

“I want to smash the Mariners every time we play them,” said Newcastle’s local boy Jason Hoffman.

“Being the derby any new player will understand in the first five or ten minutes there’s something special on the line,” Hoffman said.

“The F3 Derby is obviously a huge fixture for any Novocastrian.”

“There’s only one thought when the game is on... we need to beat them,” added Newcastle Jets CEO Lawrie McKinna.

nebakke

But... What about "DON'T BUY INTO THE HATRED! That's what they want!"?

;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred