• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R19 away v Syd FC (Leichhardt)

true believer

I can't believe Tommy H isn't re-signed; he's the classiest player on our books and he wants to play on for us, though God knows why. If he's released, I'll have to seriously re-think my allegiance to this club. No, not intending to follow another club but I have better things to do with my time and money than to squander both watching the shambles this club has become.
yep this is the tipping point , shaun

greenlig

We'll get a press release:

"We weren't aware an offer hadn't been made to Tom. Yes, we have read his statement that he emailed the club, but unfortunately the email was incorrectly sent to footballdepartment@ccmariners.com.au, a party that has not been employed by the club since 2013. We are unaware of any attempts to contact the club by phone, although Mike Mulvey did say someone has been leaving voice messages, but he did not recognise the name, nor could he pronounce it correctly in any case.

In good news however, Kennedy has been appointed CEO while Shaun takes up his place between the sticks this weekend, and we're proud to announce the signing of another Mariners legend to help restore club spirit, Leo Carle.

We're also finally able to unveil our partnership with the Australian Reptile Park. A new initiative that's been in the works for several years, this will finally see us recognised as the second major zoo on the coast.

COYY."

Ancient Mariner

yep this is the tipping point , shaun

You had better believe that it is true, for some of the very expensive seats as well.

We have put up with a lot of crap, if Tommy is let go when he wants to re-sign, then to me it is an indication that there is a lot more serious crap coming.

Antlion

We're closer than ever to being welded to the spoon. We desperately need wins.

Anyone confident of one today? o_O

Yeah, me too.

turbo

Not wanting to sign Tom for next year could just be a sign of MM wanting a different type of player at a similar level. But unless that player is a done deal it’s still a risk. Not to mention MM hasn’t exactly made the most astute recruitment choices and earned our faith.

I just hope they aren’t pinning their hopes on Jem sticking around, there’s been more than enough hints in interviews that he wouldn’t mind linking up with his mate ALF at Sydney and we only picked him up for half a season.

bikinigirl

. alright you lot (and i do think this is in the wrong thread BTW) ... if you are going to be so forthright with your views and making demands of the management - please, please use the correct 'spelling'

. re-signed ... means you want Tommy to stay
. resigned ... means you want him to go

. if you are complaining about the club being incapable of getting the simple things right ... you aren't helping with unclear demands (despite how obvious you think you are making it)

. i will now put my Dibo hat back in the cupboard :p

MagpieMariner

. alright you lot (and i do think this is in the wrong thread BTW) ... if you are going to be so forthright with your views and making demands of the management - please, please use the correct 'spelling'

. re-signed ... means you want Tommy to stay
. resigned ... means you want him to go

. if you are complaining about the club being incapable of getting the simple things right ... you aren't helping with unclear demands (despite how obvious you think you are making it)

. i will now put my Dibo hat back in the cupboard :p
I resemble that!

MagpieMariner

You had better believe that it is true, for some of the very expensive seats as well.

We have put up with a lot of crap, if Tommy is let go when he wants to re-sign, then to me it is an indication that there is a lot more serious crap coming.
Yeah, I'm in the aluminium seats, no, wait, that other silver metal, yeah, that's it, platinum.

Ozhammer

After a lot of agonising, we have decided to pull the pin on going down on the bus to the game today, as we are so disillusioned with everything that is going on at the club.

It was a hard decision not to support the boys but after 5 difficult seasons and too many false dawns, allied with news that Tommy H is unlikely to be re-signed for next season, I messaged the club to say enough was enough.

As much as it hurts me to say it, I cannot continue to put my energies into supporting the club as much as I have done in the past. Unless our owner finally treats the club and it’s fans with the required level of respect and funds it properly, I don’t see why I should personally continue to pour money in. As some have already said on here, the tipping point has been reached.

Sorry to be so negative but I am so dismayed at where our once proud club has been taken since 2013 that I feel the need to take some form of action and can only hope that MC will finally get the message that his stewardship has been a complete and utter failure on just about every level.

So tarnished is the Mariners brand that even NPL hopefuls will be thinking twice about playing for the club. Even when they do find a diamond in the rough, they somehow manage to allow our fiercest rivals to take that away from us. MM will no doubt find another job somewhere else when time is called but there will be nothing but ongoing suffering for loyal fans, with no end in sight. I for one am tired of waiting for things to change, tired of false dawns, grand plans and reboots. Right now I would settle for some plain old stability and proper investment, where it clearly needs to be made.

Is that really too much to ask in return for buying my membership?

Over to you Mike

FFC Mariner

After a lot of agonising, we have decided to pull the pin on going down on the bus to the game today, as we are so disillusioned with everything that is going on at the club.

It was a hard decision not to support the boys but after 5 difficult seasons and too many false dawns, allied with news that Tommy H is unlikely to be re-signed for next season, I messaged the club to say enough was enough.

As much as it hurts me to say it, I cannot continue to put my energies into supporting the club as much as I have done in the past. Unless our owner finally treats the club and it’s fans with the required level of respect and funds it properly, I don’t see why I should personally continue to pour money in. As some have already said on here, the tipping point has been reached.

Sorry to be so negative but I am so dismayed at where our once proud club has been taken since 2013 that I feel the need to take some form of action and can only hope that MC will finally get the message that his stewardship has been a complete and utter failure on just about every level.

So tarnished is the Mariners brand that even NPL hopefuls will be thinking twice about playing for the club. Even when they do find a diamond in the rough, they somehow manage to allow our fiercest rivals to take that away from us. MM will no doubt find another job somewhere else when time is called but there will be nothing but ongoing suffering for loyal fans, with no end in sight. I for one am tired of waiting for things to change, tired of false dawns, grand plans and reboots. Right now I would settle for some plain old stability and proper investment, where it clearly needs to be made.

Is that really too much to ask in return for buying my membership?

Over to you Mike
Well said but no one at CCM is listening

MagpieMariner

My daughter has invited her mother and I for dinner tonight, right at match time, so I won't be able to watch. You know the worst thing about that? I have a feeling almost of relief.

Forum Phoenix

Adz a lot of this should be in the CCM Fans and the club thread I think.

I'm not bothered by it here, but there's a better chance of Shaun reading it there - which would be good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred