• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R19 away v Syd FC (Leichhardt)

Wombat

We had 4 keepers. When i first got there the 1st were playing reserves and Kennedy and Pearce were playing. I saw Nash training Aiden Munford and a new bloke. I watched them for a bit and they were both impressive. Then they finished the 11 v 11. They split into 6 v 6 in two different pitches and rotated the sides so everyone played each other. The new bloke is good with his legs and has good strong hands. He is not tall but has brilliant spring....like Shay Given.
It would be good if Pat Jennings could have a look at him. He is from Canberra and here for the week.

Michael

Would he possibly be for the upcoming NPL with Munford and then youth league?
Thanks yet again for the training updates

Josho Howe

Interesting there was a new keeper at training. A new NPL keeper is a good shout but Pearce/Munford are 1 and 2 at that level. Read into that what you will...

Wombat

Nisbet looked very sharp. He could easily play 10 for us.

A midfield of God, Aiden and Nisbet is a tasty prospect.

Also of note Tommy Oar had two Dutch ladies on holiday come to watch him training. I had a chat to them and they were also massive fans of Patty Z. They also told me Wout Brama is now playing in the Dutch 2nd division.

Wombat

I forgot to Mention Gameiro was playing today and looked pretty good. You can see he has quality. He took a thunderous and audacious volley that would have taken the net off had it gone it. Only a technically gifted player would attempt the shot he took.

He may have to start coz Matty is still injured and Hoole showed he cannot play up top.

finally retired

It would be good if Pat Jennings could have a look at him. He is from Canberra and here for the week.
maybe Pat can take over training of all keepers....even keep for us...would still be an improvement.
that whole goalkeeping area is the biggest disappointment for me this season. It's a great pity we step in for Chris Oldfield before the season started, but such is life.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Our goal keeping has been the drizzles since Gash took over...Izzo couldnt set a wall to save himself under Nash’s auspicious training regime

Wombat

Nash was running some good drills and working the boys well today but imho (i'm not a keeper) they dont do anywhere near enough work on crosses, bossing the box, when to punch and when to catch, setting walls etc.

marinermick

We had 4 keepers. When i first got there the 1st were playing reserves and Kennedy and Pearce were playing. I saw Nash training Aiden Munford and a new bloke. I watched them for a bit and they were both impressive. Then they finished the 11 v 11. They split into 6 v 6 in two different pitches and rotated the sides so everyone played each other. The new bloke is good with his legs and has good strong hands. He is not tall but has brilliant spring....like Shay Given.

Who was in that first eleven?

Michael

Nisbet looked very sharp. He could easily play 10 for us.

A midfield of God, Aiden and Nisbet is a tasty prospect.

Also of note Tommy Oar had two Dutch ladies on holiday come to watch him training. I had a chat to them and they were also massive fans of Patty Z. They also told me Wout Brama is now playing in the Dutch 2nd division.

Yep, Wout was picked up straight away by Twente when he left here. I think he might even be captain of them. Bit of a club legend there.

turbo

Maybe they shouldn’t be getting ahead of themselves the week after losing to the roar. We saw how assuming they would win played out.

Scotty

Maybe they shouldn’t be getting ahead of themselves the week after losing to the roar. We saw how assuming they would win played out.
If we played the Smurfs last week we could have also beaten them due to their over confidence and assumptions.

I can't see that level of over confidence from them this week.

turbo

Squad is out. Gameiro not named as some were speculating, Simon in. Melling and Shabow back in.
Nisbet still not named - feeling more like the pro contract now was a sweetener to keep him around for next year and save cap space in that season.
Rowles out (too many yellows), will be interesting to see how MM handles that - does O'Neill drop back, Clisby get a run or start the new left wing/back? I'm leaning towards O'Neill given our midfield depth but who knows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred