• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R19 away v Syd FC (Leichhardt)

Timmah

Sunday 17 February 2019
Sydney FC v Central Coast Mariners

Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield
Kick-Off: 5:00PM (Local) (5:00PM (AEDT))

Referee: Jarred Gillett
Assistant Referee 1: Andrej Giev
Assistant Referee 2: Scott Edeling
Fourth Official: Ben Abraham
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 4.30pm (AEDT), Sky Sport 4 (New Zealand) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers
Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (SRN, Coast FM Gosford and SEN+ 1397). ABC News on Radio, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Listen App – A-League Live.

j0_111400_0.png

Sydney FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 3.Ben WARLAND, 4.Alex WILKINSON, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.Adam LE FONDRE, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE (c), 16. Reza GHOOCHANNEJHAD, 17.Anthony CACERES, 20.Alex CISAK (gk), 21. Mitch AUSTIN, 23.Rhyan GRANT, 24. Cam DEVLIN, 31.Luke IVANOVIC. **two to be omitted**

Ins: 8.Paulo RETRE (promoted), 24. Cam DEVLIN (promoted), 31.Luke IVANOVIC (promoted).
Outs: 11.Daniel DE SILVA (Ineligible due to loan agreement)
Unavailable: 12.Trent BUHAGIAR (ACL – indefinite), 22.Siem DE JONG (knee – 1 week), 19. Chris ZUVELA (knee – indefinite).

upload_2019-2-4_10-3-7-png.1328

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITS, 3.Jack CLISBY, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 10.Tommy OAR, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Mario SHABOW, 25.Jordan MURRAY, 28.Sam GRAHAM, 29.Stephen MALLON, 68.Jem KARACAN **two to be omitted**

Ins: 22.Jacob MELLING (return from suspension), 19.Matt SIMON (return from injury), 23.Mario SHABOW (return from injury),
Outs: 15.Kye ROWLES (suspended – 1 week – accumulation of yellow cards)
Unavailable: 4.Jake McGING (hamstring), 21.Corey GAMEIRO (calf)

Last edited:

turbo

Another 5-2 loss incoming?

Depends what Sydney turns up. They were terrible against the roar and looked like they had little interest in doing the work to get the win. Maybe that will fire them up, hard to tell at the moment.

Forum Phoenix

They won’t be flat for us this time. And we looked like a team that had just found its feet, that made a raft of changes, totally imploded, and with that loss. now has nothing left to play for.

Cannot see us getting a point. Let alone 3.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

The performance on Saturday indicates a team that has simply given up.
My personal view is the signing of the 2 Sheffield players was a desperation move abd has had the effect of demoralising our young squaddies.
They see Mulveys favourites starting (Oar) and i think they seem to have given up
Cant wait for the September reboot.

Antlion

I agree that we're going nowhere until a reboot.
I don't think they have necessarily given up but it was a demoralising blow that's for sure.

We have been competitive against recent teams due to throwing 110% at the first half of matches (and then running out of steam). I don't think they had that level of gumption left in them for the wsw game. I don't know where theyll find such motivation again in truth and will look like giving up.

This sundays game will almost certainly be as painful as every other (bar one) this season.

true believer

i think its a lot easier to aim up against the tards or the bling .than the drive bys .
i expect a red hot go and even the lead ,at half time .before conceding 3 in 30 minutes .

turbo

i think its a lot easier to aim up against the tards or the bling .than the drive bys .

This. There's not much pressure against Victory - they're expected to put a few on us, a close contest is a reasonable result that no one is going to be blowing up about except for the way we managed to go about it. But against WSW or the roar where the points are anyone's for the taking and there's a lot of expectation with the way our performances have been going? We didnt have the killer instinct or that moment of individual brilliance to get the job done.

Wombat

The performance on Saturday indicates a team that has simply given up.
My personal view is the signing of the 2 Sheffield players was a desperation move abd has had the effect of demoralising our young squaddies.
They see Mulveys favourites starting (Oar) and i think they seem to have given up
Cant wait for the September reboot.

I'm not sure that signing the Blades would affect anyone that played on Sat. But it may well have demoralised some youth team and fringe squaddies.

nebakke

I'm not sure that signing the Blades would affect anyone that played on Sat. But it may well have demoralised some youth team and fringe squaddies.

At the rate we've been failing to hold on to the youth guys, I'm not sure they can get much more demoralised anyway...

Still - even with these two new guys onboard, we have a bit of a propensity for playing the youth guys, I'm not sure these two are going to change that... At least I didn't take their signing to mean that... I think Mulvey is seeing them more as full-timers than the type that would get swapped out for youth.

Timmah

I think last week's loss, as others have suggested, was because we knew we were coming up against an opposition we thought we could beat, and got our backsides handed to us summarily. We didn't lift like we seem to for the top teams and got penalised big time for it.

Coastalraider

At the rate we've been failing to hold on to the youth guys, I'm not sure they can get much more demoralised anyway...

Still - even with these two new guys onboard, we have a bit of a propensity for playing the youth guys, I'm not sure these two are going to change that... At least I didn't take their signing to mean that... I think Mulvey is seeing them more as full-timers than the type that would get swapped out for youth.

Perversely, that could be seen as a bonus.

You get a run at the Mariners an then signed by FC or City.

Thats actually a pretty attractive deal.

turbo

Whether we lift for this or not, to me is irrelevant.

How we bounce back from last week's disappointment could determine whether we keep fighting or if we see another Okon style collapse. We play the roar and the jets before some tough games against the top teams before eventually meeting the wanderers and city again. We still have a shot at dodging the spoon if we don't give up but need results in those games to make it happen.

UnitedsNo9

How we bounce back from last week's disappointment could determine whether we keep fighting or if we see another Okon style collapse. We play the roar and the jets before some tough games against the top teams before eventually meeting the wanderers and city again. We still have a shot at dodging the spoon if we don't give up but need results in those games to make it happen.

I do appreciate your enthusiasm. I'm a bit more pessimistic. Embarrassingly, we are not close to being a 90+ minute football team and I don't see us getting a point against any more teams as (over 90 minutes), to me, there is a chasm between us and second worst.

Hammo

I think last week's loss, as others have suggested, was because we knew we were coming up against an opposition we thought we could beat, and got our backsides handed to us summarily. We didn't lift like we seem to for the top teams and got penalised big time for it.

Pipe down champ. The WSW loss was because we were f**king inept, and we got our arses handed to us deservedly. Stop trying to make excuses for how shit we actually are.

Scotty

If Matty is still out, I can't see us scoring against the Bling.

We need to put ALL of our focus on defence and aim for a clean sheet. It's the only way we are going to win matches further down the line. We have to tighten up at the back (Kennedy I'm looking at you).

I'm not sure if I can take another 3-0 or worse performance. If that happens this week, someones head needs to roll. Nash, Mulvey or Shaun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred