• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R19 away v Syd FC (Leichhardt)

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So keep Nisbet on for next year but don't give him experience this year so he can be important in our "really actually finally honestly mean it this time" rebuilding season?
Sigggghhhhhhhhh.......

Antlion

Last week was our chance to get some wins on the board. We shot ourselves in the foot again.

We'd need to play out of our skin this week and have SydFC enjoying an off day. They used that off day up last week so any hope is fairly low

Ads

Good chance to maybe use Matty Simon as an impact player returning from injury and hopefully take that into next season ;)
Try Steve as left back in case Clisby and Rowles move elsewhere.
Melling will add that speed back to the midfield and I know Hoole will end up In there somewhere but doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it.
MM will go back to the Wing backs I’m sure, which obviously means we might be in the game at HT but still predicting 3-1 loss.
But I’d like to see a more speedy and impactful bench rather than 3 slow and currently unimpressive players. (Oar, Glinch, etc)
Like a lot teams coaches would be pressured to use the players they have spent so much money on. Like the $600 PlayStation a lot of people only use for Netflix.

Sam Aspro O’Neill Steve
Miller Tom Melling Pain
Jem
Murray

Simon - Jem: 55min
Hoole - Miller/Tom: 65min
Shabow - Miller/Murray: 75min

Forum Phoenix

Squad is out. Gameiro not named as some were speculating, Simon in. Melling and Shabow back in.
Nisbet still not named - feeling more like the pro contract now was a sweetener to keep him around for next year and save cap space in that season.
Rowles out (too many yellows), will be interesting to see how MM handles that - does O'Neill drop back, Clisby get a run or start the new left wing/back? I'm leaning towards O'Neill given our midfield depth but who knows.

I’d actually drop Oneil back. I really liked him at the back. He’s so calm on the ball, but while I know many will disagree, he’s a bit slow on it for a midfielder (decision making - he’s had his pocket picked or come so close to losing it a lot of times now) and he’s just not as natualrally box to box as is ideal. Melling may kick the ball out every third go, but he actually gets through a shit tonne of other good work.

I’d hoped Jem, Oneil and Tom together would be the engine room for a powerhouse 433, but even if we tried it, I’m not confident at all after last week and how unbalanced we looked. Maybe still... because we were just so lethargic and pathetic across the board we haven’t really seen a true indication of potential.

We still have a big problem when it comes to goal scoring and keeping. But at least with Matty back we’ll be able to hold the ball up and have a presence in Sydney’s third.

Mallon’s crosses looks like the kind of service Matty relies on too...

Last edited:

Scotty

I'm looking forward to seeing Mallon spearing crosses in towards Matty and Murray. I'm predicting one goal from that combo.

Come on, hit me with an 'Optimistic'. :popcorn:

Wombat

If Mulvey continues to be a stubborn and plainly stupid f**ktard regarding Tommy what recourse do we, as fans have?

I remember a certain Dutch ex player/ new manager with dreadlocks try something equally stupid at Newcastle (England, not the bogans up the road) with Shearer and he ended up getting the bullet.

If we weren't coming last...
If we have won more than one game....
If Mulvey and his minions had not assembled the most unbalanced side in the history of the HAL
If Mulvey had screamed for a starting 11 keeper rather than listen to Nash or Pikey explain that Goalkeepers and defences dont win games.....only DM's do................. so make sure you sign 6 or 7 of them.
If Mulvey had worked out that us loosing every single week might be because we are playing a back 3..............................

then maybe i would think he knows more than us.

Pikey, is a low rent pimp and we are his tramp. He is happy for us to kop it in the worst way possible and still keep at arms length so he doesn't feel dirty.

Well Mulvey..............you have been lazy and shithouse.......some improvement in the last 5 or 6 weeks but you should be begging for us to understand that maybe you have a clue and maybe you have a plan (not just i'm cheap and Pikey likes that)...........but we have a talented and fully committed player whose name you cant pronounce that everyone loves and appreciates. In your so far shithouse wisdom and appreciation of talent you have tried to put him on the outer for far less talented players.
Mike, stop making an absolute tit of yourself and treat a talent like Tommy with the respect he deserves.............and if you are going to say...he has made a couple of mistakes..................no wonder, players thrive on feeling wanted and respected..............and although you have treated him poorly his performances have been vastly better than everyone apart from Judas (who you failed to resign) and Pain.

Wake up to yourself Mike. We wanted to love you but stupidity for the sake of being a stubborn wanker is unforgivable.

I have kopped a few blows supporting you but that ends now unless you wake up to yourself.

MagpieMariner

I can't believe Tommy H isn't re-signed; he's the classiest player on our books and he wants to play on for us, though God knows why. If he's released, I'll have to seriously re-think my allegiance to this club. No, not intending to follow another club but I have better things to do with my time and money than to squander both watching the shambles this club has become.

Wombat

100% Maggie.
I think if we don't resign him i will stop bringing people to the game to support us and just join the hardcore bitter supporters in Bay 16 abusing Mulvey and everyone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred