• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R17 v Victory @ home

turbo

Victory are too good and our position on the ladder too bad to be letting petty stuff like a contract negotiation stop us from fielding our best side and with the players named that includes Millar. We can beat Victory on Saturday but will need to bring our A game to do it.

Edit - leaving the comments in place but they were made before we heard Millar signed elsewhere which changes things.

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

Victory are too good and our position on the ladder too bad to be letting petty stuff like a contract negotiation stop us from fielding our best side and with the players named that includes Millar. We can beat Victory on Saturday but will need to bring our A game to do it.
Our A game won't cut it, we need to bring our Super A+++ game to have a chance.

turbo

Our A game won't cut it, we need to bring our Super A+++ game to have a chance.

Victory have had 1 clean sheet since Honda got injured and that was against Brisbane when they smashed them. There will be opportunities for us to score goals, whether we can keep them out will be the big question. We've looked better in recent times with O'Neill in the backs and this will be their biggest test so far.

Forum Phoenix

Victory have had 1 clean sheet since Honda got injured and that was against Brisbane when they smashed them. There will be opportunities for us to score goals, whether we can keep them out will be the big question. We've looked better in recent times with O'Neill in the backs and this will be their biggest test so far.

Oneil has been great and so has Aspro. Rowles has made a few errors but had some stellar moments also.

New talented CB and a real LWB in and we could become somewhat defensively sound at long last.

Antlion

We can't build with Millar. Cut the deadwood now and build a team that can be successful without him

turbo

We can't build with Millar. Cut the deadwood now and build a team that can be successful without him

Before anyone else crucifies me for that comment look at the post time. It’s well before the news of Millar’s deal broke. At the time it seemed the send home from training was a dummy spit for not accepting an extension, in that situation not playing him is petty. If he’s already signed elsewhere then it’s a much messier situation. Would have been better if it didn’t break until the new guys could play.

Antlion

Hehe fair enough

And to be fair there will be people who feel we should still play him in light of how desperately we need results. Which might be reasonable really. But personally, on principle, I don't like the behind the back nature of the deal when we'd given him his chance.

Antlion

Saturday could be the first time that Mariners fans get to see new signing, Jem Karacan in action at Central Coast Stadium*.

Tracking well ahead of schedule, Tommy Oar is up for selection to face Melbourne Victory after injuring his hamstring against Melbourne City.

Mario Shabow, who suffered a minor ankle sprain after a collision with Éric Bauthéac [Brisbane], is also in contention to return on Saturday evening.

Corey Gameiro’s road to recovery from a calf injury is almost complete, who has merged back into training with an aim to commence full team training next week.

*Jem Karacan's VISA has been cleared and the club await's the International Transfer Clearance from the English Football Association which we expect to occur before Saturday's match, allowing Jem to play.

Michael

I think we’ll see Jem start.
Going off today’s training photos, you can see the regulars without bibs, usually the starting XI. Anyone down to even local grade teams can pick the difference in training
Jem was without a bib.

I know i know, it’s over 24 hours from kick off. But the last time I predicted a starter was 10hours before (tommy h in the derby)

Yours truly, mystic michael

Timmah

I think we’ll see Jem start.
Going off today’s training photos, you can see the regulars without bibs, usually the starting XI. Anyone down to even local grade teams can pick the difference in training
Jem was without a bib.

I know i know, it’s over 24 hours from kick off. But the last time I predicted a starter was 10hours before (tommy h in the derby)

Yours truly, mystic michael
Can I get a fulltime score and first goalscorer from you mystic Michael? :unsure:

Reactions: adz

Wombat

Yes. My only bet on us this weekend was for 3 or more goals to be scored.

Btw i'm hoping for a 2.1 win for us.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred