• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R17 - Schoolies pit vs Mariners

daddy cool

Once again Danny was great in goals but you cannot afford to relax against a team that has attack like the GC.You may hate Smeltz and Cullina but their quality came through in the end , we had the game won a couple of defensive mistakes and we didnt have the fire power to get back into the game.

BAD BULLZ

:headbutt: nuff said.

gold coast pretty awesome stadium
shit seccys
shit crowds
fat boss

call and response....
weeeeee maccccc ..........................FREEEEEEEEEDOM :pirashoot:

Teddy Bear

The last 20 mins looked like the defence of last season. Completely out of their depth. Perhaps it was frustration.

Applaud to Lawrie this week for starting Travis. A big thumbs down to him for starting Elrich up front and dropping Nik. I know he comes under enormous criticism on here but he is the second best striker we have and should play a part in the game.

Danny for MOM hat trick this week.

Honkee

Honkee said:
Dammit, Foxsports are tipping us for the win. We do better when everyone says we have no chance.

GCU 2 - CCM 0

Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope the haters come back out next week so we can have a good game.

Wombat

FARK....just crapped on for hours and lost what i wrote.

Brief summary:

We have played worse and won.
Porter and Wilko at fault for both goals.
Travis oustanding and easily MOM.
Boogs and Bojic very good.

elevated position

We "choked "on another game that was so important for our ladder position. What  are the outcomes if Tards beat is next week. We have thrown away major chances this year.
And I believe that we need Doig more than another striker (which would be nice) each week he's out we slide back a bit and we haven't even hit our xmas yips yet.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Considering how much time we spent defending in the 2nd half, it's no surprise we lost.  Was only a matter of time before they started scoring.  Shit goals too, the first one was pisspoor marking, and the last 2 (including the disallowed one) were both almost identical.

We seemed to fall back into the old routine of what happens when we score first - sit back and spend the rest of the match inviting the other team to take the points. 

We also lacked creativity up the front - pumping it down the left hand side all the time isn't a good option when the other team have 4 defenders in that corner alone...

Absolute shite passing from both teams, overall it was just a crappy, scrappy, messy game.

Forum Phoenix

elevated position said:
We "choked "on another game that was so important for our ladder position. What  are the outcomes if Tards beat is next week. We have thrown away major chances this year.

My thoughts too unfortunately...

Someone on four four two post I read last night said it perfectly...
Was something like "Bloody Mariners eh, cannot win when they are favourite - clearly they can't handle the expectation"

When you look back on our history - while much of it is as under dogs - in often crucial games, when we are in form and favoured - 9 times out of ten we choke.

Also agree with posts that Nick should have been upfront with Simon.
And exactly what Roy Law said - we are one player short of being genuine contenders - we had Ifil and Simon, be Incredibly hard to stop.

daddy cool said:
You may hate Smeltz and Cullina but their quality came through in the end...

Massive defensive errors, result in tap in and inside six yard box header.
Quality smality.

Marquee

Got home today from Goldie. f**k that is a nice stadium but no way in hell 4000 people were there. Totally threw that game away and really left me pissed off.

Not sure how it looked on TV but being there seem to tell a different story. Matty was very poor and Elrich was far better of the two. Elrich had a better work rate and did a lot of off the ball work with runs and such that TV obviously didn't show.

Weemac is wasted on the left, barely touches the ball.

Gopher of Pern

Marquee said:
Got home today from Goldie. f**k that is a nice stadium but no way in hell 4000 people were there. Totally threw that game away and really left me pissed off.

Not sure how it looked on TV but being there seem to tell a different story. Matty was very poor and Elrich was far better of the two. Elrich had a better work rate and did a lot of off the ball work with runs and such that TV obviously didn't show.

Weemac is wasted on the left, barely touches the ball.

Was there too, and first half they both both roughly equal, with only the goal to Matty being the difference. Second half Elrich went totally missing. Was glad when Kwassie came on!

Weemac had a poor game. Travis did well with what he had.

Have to agree, it is a very nice stadium. How they don't get more fans astounds me.

Kareem

Forum Phoenix said:
Someone on four four two post I read last night said it perfectly...
Was something like "Bloody Mariners eh, cannot win when they are favourite - clearly they can't handle the expectation"
screw it!
I'm sick and tired of this with Egypt too :p

Andre_1

serious14 said:
That good was it??   :-\

If it were full of passionate yelling, screaming and chanting fans I reckon you could close your eyes and imagine you were at Old Trafford or Anfield. The accoustics are awesome every sound resonates around the place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred