• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R17 - Schoolies pit vs Mariners

happy

how could you give away that match?
the 2nd half wasn't good from the Mariners

They made it too easy for Gold Coast to score as the whole team, especially the defenders, were too slowly going back when Gold Coast counterattacked (right word?)

Deej

midfielder said:
Heff what a shit pass gives away a goal..down 2-1

was dreadful, Heart have that to look fwd to.

We kept our shape well until 65-70 mins and then fell asleep, very disappointing.

midfielder

happy said:
how could you give away that match?
the 2nd half wasn't good from the Mariners

They made it too easy for Gold Coast to score as the whole team, especially the defenders, were too slowly going back when Gold Coast counterattacked (right word?)

Good call happy agree

FFC Mariner

Dreadful 2nd half and a dire performance from Heff.

He needs to f**k off to Melbourne now. He was shit against Perth and worse tonight. The schoolboy error for their 2nd was typical of his dont give a f**k attitude.

Wee Mac was anonymous, Elrich .............words fail me. Did he play?

Deej

midfielder said:
Backs did not play well tonight ... Doig was missed marking was not good..

They were fine until the 70 mins mark then they fell apart.

Doig ain't been around much to be fair, more credit should be given to Boogs and Wilko.

Deej

FFC Mariner said:
Elrich .............words fail me. Did he play?

Unbelievable that he gets a start up front, oooops I mean unbelievable that he should get a start.

FFC Mariner

Both mistakes were down to the fullbacks. Porter had a very good game until their 1st. Showed that he is not and will never be a RB.

There isnt much the CB's can do when let down so badly on the flanks.

As for playing Elrich. Coaching error if not outright favouritism. He is shit, lost it and will be lucky to be at NSWPL level next year. Give a kid a chance or why bother having a yoof team

krusty

poor game matty good finish but besides that sh*t his first touches were crap wee mac was terrible elrich did nothing wrong but didn't do much at all. There is only one or two players who can hold there head up Danny and Travis. Not looking forward to next week if we play like that again.

Forum Phoenix

That was absolute shit. Should have won one nil.
FFC has already said a large part of what I had to say...

Other points for me were...

As a big supporter of Lawrie tonight I was highly disappointed that we didn't sub quicker. Back to 70 minute Lawrie.  :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

GCU inject two pairs of attacking legs, and we wait ten minutes to counter by putting on Kwasnik for Elrich. Cop a goal, and what should have been another, and we then sub porter for Clarkey.

Your leading one nil... two new attacking players are subbed on by the opposition...
We needed fresh defensive legs in the midfield. CLEARLY.

If we had them and Heff didn't throw the game away.
We very likely would, as we SHOULD have bloody done, won it - 1 nil.

We got caught high on set piece counters - which is all about movement and recovery... the first thing to go when the team starts to fatigue... You could see it so starkly. with both teams at 60, IT WAS BLOODY PALPABLE... then GCU began making subs... Minicon cramping actually helped Miron accidentally out coach Lawrie - though to be fair to the vein git, Barisic was more effective than Brown and was his planned sub.

But we did not respond in tactical kind. Whether it was missed/misread, or instead misplaced faith in those on the park... extremely disappointing.

Just to throw away all the hard work of defending so well for 60 plus minutes sitting deep... Especially from a fans perspective, when it means enduring/watching your team have limited possession for the price... and then copping stupid late goals...
*Shakes head bitterly*

Might as well be playing 451 than what was tonight's supposed 442.
IMO, get Crowell starting as well and get Lewis on with subs.

Final points -
Williams is an idiot.  :vomit:

and...
Culina is beginning to take on truly sackwhacker-esque levels of dislike for me.  :fireup:

I don't like hating my national team players.
And now I've found I'm hoping someone will break his leg and free up his spot -- Whining whinging bitchin pouting toddler tantrum toss pot.
:soapbox:

The game...
The experience...
In a word...

f**k.

marinersman

Filthy at the result. We didn't play particularly well but going one up we we're well in control, GC were doing nothing and we should have closed the game out.

I have no problem with sonic off to Heart. As a defender he's been ordinary on balance. Been skinned down the flank more times that I can remember and turms the ball over under no pressure far too often.

Roy Law

We played some excellent football for large parts of the game and were in control until the errors by Porter and Heffernan. Trouble is that we became too comfortable and let them back in the game. Some of our 'one touch and pass' football was excellent. Like Lawrie I'd rather take the positives than whinge about it. Travis was outstanding, always looked dangerous, Matty Simon's touch was much better than last week and a terrific typically brave header. Elrich played much better than some are saying on here, his touch was good and some quality passes but the bottom  line is that he is a midfield player not a striker. Wilko looked assured until he allowed Smeltz to get goal side but the two central defenders generally tried to play football as well as defend. Gold Coast definitely lifted and credit to them; some of Van Stratten's outlet passes were quite superb. We lack one player to make us genuine contenders - we need the second striker such as Bridges, Fowler, Ifill etc to play alongside Matty Simon, until then we will remain a work in progress (and the progress is damned good considering the dark days of the ACL)

FFC Mariner

Forum Phoenix said:
and...
Culina is beginning to take on truly sackwhacker-esque levels of dislike for me.  :fireup:

I don't like hating my national team players.
And now I've found I'm hoping someone will break his leg and free up his spot -- Whining whinging bitchin pouting toddler tantrum toss pot.
:soapbox:

Oh good, I thought it was just me. GC are rapidly closing on the scum as my most disliked side.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred