• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R17 - Schoolies pit vs Mariners

kevrenor

Saturday, 5 December 2009

Gold Coast United v Central Coast Mariners

Skilled Park, Robina
Local kick-off: 8.00pm (9.00pm AEDT)

Referee: Peter Green

Live & exclusive broadcast on Fox Sports 2 and Sky Sports 2. Hyundai
A-League club broadcast partner is Coast FM 96.3 (Gosford). To purchase
tickets visit www.ticketek.com.au <http://www.ticketek.com.au/>

Gold Coast United Squad: 1.Jess VANSTRATTAN (gk), 2.Steve PANTELIDIS,
3.Michael THWAITE, 7.Zenon CARAVELLA, 9.Shane SMELTZ, 10.Jason CULINA
(c), 13.Bas VAN DEN BRINK, 15.Tahj MINNIECON, 16.Kristian REES, 17.Matt
OSMAN, 18.James BROWN, 19.Andrew BARISIC, 20.Scott HIGGINS (gk),
23.Steve FITZSIMMONS, 24.ANDERSON, 26.Golgol MEBRAHTU, 29.Zac ANDERSON
*two to be omitted*

In: Jess VANSTRATTAN (gk) (return from thumb injury), Steve PANTELIDIS
(return from suspension), Bas VAN DEN BRINK (return from suspension),
Tahj MINNIECON (return from thigh injury), Kristian REES (return from
suspension), Andrew BARISIC (promoted)
Out: Joel PORTER (knee injury - 2 weeks), Jerrad TYSON (gk) (not
selected), Steven LUSTICA (not selected), Ben WEARING (not selected)
Unavailable: Daniel PIORKOWSKI (ankle injury - indefinite), ROBSON (knee
injury - 5 weeks), JEFFERSON (knee injury - indefinite), Adama TRAORE
(knee injury - 1 week)

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1. Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 2. Matthew
CROWELL, 4. Pedj BOJIC, 5. Brad PORTER, 7. John HUTCHINSON, 8. Dean
HEFFERNAN, 9. Nik MRDJA, 14. Michael McGLINCHEY, 15. Andrew CLARK, 16.
Nigel BOOGAARD, 18. Alex WILKINSON (C), 19. Matt SIMON, 20. Danny
VUKOVIC (GK), 21. Ahmad ELRICH, 22. Nicky TRAVIS, 23. Adam KWASNIK.
*one to be omitted*

In: Andrew CLARK (promoted)
Out: Nil
Unavailable: Chris DOIG (quad - 3 weeks), Dylan MACALLISTER (leg - 1
week)

*Head-to-Head: Played 1: Gold Coast United wins 0, Central Coast
Mariners wins 1

northernspirit

hmmm which mariners team will turn up, the ruthless opportunistic or the drab uninspiring one... GCU have some players back i think we're up for another draw... 1-1 crowd 5,600

Wombat

I fancy us to win this one.  2.1 or if we play a bit even 3.1.

Simon and Travis to score...maybe Hutch if we get 3.

Its no coincidence that GCU tailspin started when Osman got back into the team.....and no surprise that our midfield started to flourish once he left.

BAD BULLZ

Oh we got this 3nil+ we playing away after an average game the attacking mariners  will turn up .....i wouldnt be shocked we broke the  aleague record.

If we score early it'll be easy.

WE BEAT MEL 4 NIL  +++++ MEL BEAT GC 4NIL ===== MARINERS 8 GC NIL :eek:verhead:

Forum Phoenix

Glad Joel Porter is out, but Van Dergit, Rees, Pantelidis and Minnicon return...
GCU are a different outfit than last week.

That said...

Mariners to win by... well I don't care how many.
Then after the Victory scrape a draw with the kiwis, and SFC get done by Fury at home again and hand me another nice payday ;D We'll be sitting in second place by 3 points... With victory to play at home the following week in what could well turn out to be the premiership deciding game!!!

It's all their for the taking!!!!
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

marinermick

Wombat said:
Its no coincidence that GCU tailspin started when Osman got back into the team.....and no surprise that our midfield started to flourish once he left.

Don't know how you assume this:

With Matt Osman
5 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses

Without Matt Osman
2 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses

With Matt Osman starting
2 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses

No evidence whatsoever that Matt Osman is responsible for GC's tailspin. In fact, when GC started their tailspin Osman was hardly involved, either not in the squad or coming on late in the game.

Everyone acknowledges that we have a better midfield this season and all of our top five midfielders (wee mac, trav, hutch, crowell and bojic) are better midfielders than Osman but bear in mind that Osman played just as much time at fullback at the Mariners and not in the midfield.

On a side note, going through those GC lineups, it is amazing how much Miron tinkers with his team. Some of it was through injury but some of it was senseless in my opinion, especially after a win.

FFC Mariner

I just dont get this Osman hate.

He would be a worthy member of our squad this season and is a better RB option than we have currently.

Jaza_SFC

marinermick said:
On a side note, going through those GC lineups, it is amazing how much Miron tinkers with his team. Some of it was through injury but some of it was senseless in my opinion, especially after a win.

Same thing he did at BRFC. Apparently towards the end of his time, he was having weekly yelling matches with the board who were getting angry at him dropping winning players.

Razorback

FFC Mariner said:

He would be a worthy member of our squad this season and is a better RB option than we have currently.
Osman is hopeless, glad he's gone. Never played RB last year with Porter doing the majority of work there. Makes me laugh to think he gets paid to play football

Jaza_SFC

Osman would've really gone places as a fullback had he not done his knee in season three (I think it was?) when he started to get a run there.

He's not the best kind of player to be in Miron's crazy rotation system. Won't suit him at all.

Honkee

Dammit, Foxsports are tipping us for the win. We do better when everyone says we have no chance.

GCU 2 - CCM 0

BAD BULLZ

Fark i'm heaps fired up the next 2weeks imo will decide if we win the premiorship or not!! :fireup: :fireup:I'll be watching from rosie with 2 pints in hand yelling at the multiple big screens :pirate:

I'm thinking these 2weeks will be the start of our rise or fall.......
If we win both i think we will be huge chance to win plate i reckon if we lose both we'll struggle 5th/6th if we win 1 lose 1 then we'll keep hovering around 3rd 4th

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
northernspirit said:
hmmm which mariners team will turn up, the ruthless opportunistic or the drab uninspiring one... GCU have some players back i think we're up for another draw... 1-1 crowd 5,600

Please, please let this not be so... want a huge win... praying very hard!

Jazzie

FFC Mariner said:

I don't get it either ... I thought he played well for CCM.

Jazzie

Then again, I'm just a punter. Just see things through a supporters eyes.

northernspirit

Jazzie said:
northernspirit said:

Please, please let this not be so... want a huge win... praying very hard!
im being pessimistic as usual to avoid any potential dissapointment :D ... we do have a good chance

BAD BULLZ

BAD BULLZ said:
Fark i'm heaps fired up the next 2weeks imo will decide if we win the premiorship or not!! :fireup: :fireup:I'll be watching from rosie with 2 pints in hand yelling at the multiple big screens :pirate:

If we win both i think we will be huge chance to win plate i reckon if we lose both we'll struggle 5th/6th if we win 1 lose 1 then we'll keep hovering around 3rd 4th

actually make that 3weeks we got sydney after melbourne this is an epic 3 weeks for our season!!!!

marinermick

BAD BULLZ said:
BAD BULLZ said:

actually make that 3weeks we got sydney after melbourne this is an epic 3 weeks for our season!!!!

we have queensland at home after melbourne, then sydney away, then wellington at home

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred