• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - F3 Derby #46 (Away)

greenlig

Missed Simon up front, Clisby is a shit winger, Melling pulls incredibly bad passes out to keep the crowd entertained, aspro and O'Neill look solid, Millar looks absolutely wrecked, Kye has gone backwards, Hoole plays like he doesn't like football, Murray isn't ruthless yet (should have had one), Nisbet was great and very tidy, KeKe Slider looked eager, we missed pain, weemac is a shadow with boots on. Oh and Tommy H was a class above most. Aspro and O'Neill are in his bracket.

greenlig

Not too depressed after that. We looked tired and dull, fielding our worst team, still had large swathes of possession and pressure in and around the box. We just didn't have the 2-3 quality technicians needed to pull them apart. Also, crossbar and two great tackles kept us out.

We're getting better.

Scotty

The first half was diabolical, it was not easy to watch.
The latter half of the second half was entertaining, but frustrating.

We must have run over the Scummers owner to have that much bad luck. ;)

I feel that if we had Matty and he came on around the 65th minute, he would have put away one of those scrappy chances.

I enjoyed watching Nesbit and Kekeris showed potential too. I hope they get more game time.

Our next two games will be tougher, I'm feeling an upset on the way. We just need to play solidly for 95 minutes.

Wombat

I have to give credit to the Scum fans. They are not the same inbred rats that used to follow the Jets. Its like they are normal people now.

marinermick

Watched the replay this morning and the conceded goal was very disappointing, especially as it came straight off our goal kick.

Kennedy’s kick barely made it over halfway with a strong wing at his back and O’Neill was way too loose on O’Donovan. Even when you are in attack, as a defender you still need to track the attacker. Even more so when it is a contested header from a goal kick. O’Neill was napping momentarily and it cost us.

Even TS’s non-goal saw him totally unmarked. How is this possible for a player of his aerial prowess?

Simple basics.

Insertnamehere

No. DM looks like his natural game.
Too small
Watched the replay this morning and the conceded goal was very disappointing, especially as it came straight off our goal kick.

Kennedy’s kick barely made it over halfway with a strong wing at his back and O’Neill was way too loose on O’Donovan. Even when you are in attack, as a defender you still need to track the attacker. Even more so when it is a contested header from a goal kick. O’Neill was napping momentarily and it cost us.

Even TS’s non-goal saw him totally unmarked. How is this possible for a player of his aerial prowess?

Simple basics.
There were more than a few goal kicks that were short and went straight to a scumbag. Too many infact.

Forum Phoenix

Kennedy is our worst liability imo.

That goal kick was directly after he didn’t come for a ball he should absolutely claim that they then almost scored off. Challenge anyone to watch that and say the keeper shouldn’t come.

Could see the whole team was rattled by their lucky escape, I was rattled just watching, then relieved as they wait for the goal kick and suddenly... short kick, two on two, running backwards.., goal.

They have to expect the worst and stay focused at all times, so the concentration and positioning lapse is still on the players. But this doesn’t happen if Kennedy’s claims the cross he easily should have or even then he just kicks the ball properly.

I want a new keeper more than I want any other change.

neverwozza

Yep it was almost bittersweet watching Matty make those two saves for the Socceroos the other morning knowing that was the calibre of goalkeeper we once had.

Reactions: adz

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Do ya think Mulvgomery we’re saving the boys for Adelaide instead of wearing em out even more after a run of games...having said that , how good did Nisbet go , dont get me wrong I like Mario, but Niz is Shabow with decidedly more talent, like I said time to blood him and kekeris, who quite frankly could slot in for Wee Mac right now...it appears opposition coaches are onto Mr Millar now, his been shut down the past couple of games
and Hoole and Melling can go get f**ked , f**kin oxygen thieves the pair of them , who the f**k was Melling kicking bombs to all night...the invisible man apparently....the game picked up when Painy arrived , J Muzz almost got his account off and running...did we miss Captain Coastie ? I don’t think I did ...anyway ...upwards and onwards

FFC Mariner

It's amazing how much more civilised a fanbase is when they boycott...

Not where we were - new firm in black t shirts with NCL on them. Not little kids either, grown adults (who should know better). Walked into the bay at HT, security threw them out.

I dont know what is wrong with the meth addicted f**kheads who follow that team

Antlion

Do ya think Mulvgomery we’re saving the boys for Adelaide instead of wearing em out even more after a run of games...having said that , how good did Nisbet go , dont get me wrong I like Mario, but Niz is Shabow with decidedly more talent, like I said time to blood him and kekeris, who quite frankly could slot in for Wee Mac right now...it appears opposition coaches are onto Mr Millar now, his been shut down the past couple of games
and Hoole and Melling can go get f**ked , f**kin oxygen thieves the pair of them , who the f**k was Melling kicking bombs to all night...the invisible man apparently....the game picked up when Painy arrived , J Muzz almost got his account off and running...did we miss Captain Coastie ? I don’t think I did ...anyway ...upwards and onwards
We were more likely to take points from the jest than adelaide at the moment IMO.
If I were coach I'd have gone for the 3 points against scum and reserve players with a draw being acceptable in Adelaide. That said - there weren't really too many choices for selection regardless

Antlion

I missed this game. I had intended to watch the replay but accidentally saw the score so read through this thread. Between the score and the disappointing description of the first half I didn't have to gumption to sit through it

turbo

I think he was buggered tbh. Looked barely able to run in the second half.
I don't think he really got going at all. Still did what he could but didnt have his usual pace and with injuries and his form it would be hard to bench him. It was fatigue not some kind of defensive brilliance that reduced his impact.

pjennings

I don't think he really got going at all. Still did what he could but didnt have his usual pace and with injuries and his form it would be hard to bench him. It was fatigue not some kind of defensive brilliance that reduced his impact.

While Millar looked buggered at the end I thought the real problem for most of the game was that he was the only real outlet. Once Pain was on there was a lot better balance.

Josho Howe

Biggest thing l took away from that game is l think results will come if we can tuck away chances. It's just the quality 9 missing that is making all the difference. The other thing l took away (that people who watch youth wouldn't be surprised about) is Nisbett was very good. His size is what people notice first, but the lad is a very good passer and looked like he fit well. I remember a couple of times he was calm under pressure and put in good release balls out to Millar to get us on the attack. Sign him up.

Michael

For me, we were much better in the 2nd half and definitely sat back on purpose in the first because of the heavy workload recently.

O’Neil is a great cover in CB but it’s time to shift him back into midfield. I’m salivating at the thought of a midfield 3 of Tom, Aiden and Jem. And I also think it’s time to ditch the back 5, particularly the back 3. It’s run it’s course. Aspro can lead a standard back 4. Especially in preparation for when Jem can play.
Nisbet was very good for a debut, nipping at ankles and smart/sharp with the ball. I hate using the excuse a player is too small because really, only ability matters. But his height is disadvantage (not his fault obviously) But he deserves plenty more action after lastnight.
Kekeris was sharp. Deserves more than a 15minute cameo this weekend. We HAVE to blood these boys now. And sign them up for a couple more seasons. What is there to lose?
Melling should be dropped all together this weekend. You can f**king run and run and run and go flying into tackles dangerously all you want but if 8/10 passes are over/miss hit or just plain old kicking the ball away, go and get f**ked. You are killing the team. Hoole needs to f**k off too. 3 half okay passes from what was supposed to be your main attacking outlet? Please.
Wee Mac I feel is now in the “20 minutes off the bench” stage of his career. That might even be a stretch. He’s just so slow compared to the good old days, which is understandable I suppose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred