• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - F3 Derby #46 (Away)

Timmah

Wednesday night at the Scumdome.

No Matty Simon.

They haven't won since December 23... against us at Gosford.

Wednesday, 23 January 2019
Newcastle Jets v Central Coast Mariners
McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Kick-Off: 7:50PM (Local) (7:50PM (AEDT))

Referee: Shaun Evans
Assistant Referees: Ryan Gallagher & James Cleal
Fourth Official: Stephen Laurie
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 7.45pm (AEDT) , Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers
Radio Broadcast: ABC News on Radio, Grandstand Digital, Online & via the ABC Listen App – A-League Live.

j0_111398_0.png

Newcastle Jets squad: 1.Glen MOSS (gk), 4.Nigel BOOGAARD (c), 6.Steven UGARKOVIC, 7.Dimi PETRATOS, 8.Jair, 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 10.Ronald VARGAS, 11.Mitch AUSTIN, 13.Ivan VUJICA, 14.Kaine SHEPPARD, 16.Nick COWBURN, 17.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 18.Johnny KOUTROUMBIS, 20.Lewis ITALIANO (gk), 22.Lachlan JACKSON, 23.Matthew RIDENTON, 24.Joe CHAMPNESS, 44.Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 11.Mitch AUSTIN (promoted), 17.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI (return from suspension), 22.Lachlan JACKSON (promoted)
Outs: 3.Jason HOFFMAN (suspended – 1 week)
Unavailable: 5.Ben KANTAROVSKI (groin– 2 weeks)

upload_2019-1-10_14-17-17-png.1281

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITS, 3.Jack CLISBY, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Josh MACDONALD, 17.Peter KEKERIS, 18.Matt MILLAR, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Mario SHABOW, 25.Jordan MURRAY, 26.Josh NISBET, 27.Charles M’MOMBWA
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 16.Josh MACDONALD (promoted), 17.Peter KEKERIS (promoted), 26.Josh NISBET (promoted), 27.Charles M’MOMBWA (promoted)
Outs: 19.Matt SIMON (suspended – accumulation of yellow cards) & 4.Jake McGING (hamstring)
Unavailable: 21.Corey GAMEIRO (calf) & 10.Tommy OAR (leg injury)

Last edited:

marinermick

Looks like all hands on deck for this one. Oar is doubtful to come back and if he does it will be bench, McGing and Shabow will not likely recover from their injuries on time, Simon is suspended and Hiariej looks cooked.

Does MM give Cisse a reprieve? Aspro is back so does he go O’Neill/Aspro/Rowles or Rowles/Aspro/Clisby or Aspro/Cisse/Rowles.

Given the personnel issues it appears Murray, Hoole and McGlinchey will get starts.

My concern is for Pain, Melling and Millar and their workload. This was the corresponding game last season (with the same load) that Pain had his hammy injury. Brama also for that game.

Rowdy

Does MM give Cisse a reprieve? Aspro is back so does he go O’Neill/Aspro/Rowles or Rowles/Aspro/Clisby or Aspro/Cisse/Rowles.
For mine, yes.

& I would set them out.
Cisse/Aspro/Rowles

Cisse to the RCB for x2 reasons:
a) when he's playing Central, IT IS ! the 'pressure-cooker' posi, so taking into consideration his recent over zealous/brain snaps, moving him out of the CB role takes the pressure off 'a-little'.

b) & because it's the 'pressure cooker'
.... the 'cool as cucumber' Aspro gets the nod over the more emotional Cisse. His appearances so far are very Sainsbury-esque.

Rowles thus is allowed to remain on his preferred left-foot side.

Bringing Cisse back in also allows O'Neil to push back into his more natural DM position & I think will relish the chance back in there.

Mostly due to being released of that back-line responsibility & pressure
- BUT must be on the left-side to help/drop in & cover the lesser experienced Rowles over his shoulder.

Reciprocally, Cisse will have the better performing Millar in front of him, again taking some pressure off Cis ... BUT
Agree with you Mick,
- NO-WAY does Milly last the full 90, he's been clocking up just too many km's in rapid succession.

As someone else mentioned, Shabow would be better suited playing in a wider position, so if I were Mulvey - I'd try an experiment of subbing Shabow on for Millar to see how he handles it.

Millar sooner or later will be 'un-available' for a start, so we best find out who?? of what's in the cupboard, can do the job when we're without him.

Big Al

Looks like all hands on deck for this one. Oar is doubtful to come back and if he does it will be bench, McGing and Shabow will not likely recover from their injuries on time, Simon is suspended and Hiariej looks cooked.

Given the personnel issues it appears Murray, Hoole and McGlinchey will get starts.

My concern is for Pain, Melling and Millar and their workload. This was the corresponding game last season (with the same load) that Pain had his hammy injury. Brama also for that game.
Aspro ONeill Rowles.

Unfortunately ONeill has been way to effective at the back. Until reinforcements come.

NoDiggity

I’d like to see..

Bk
Millar Oniel Aspro Clisby
melling Jem
Connor hoole(shudder) oar
Murray

Not sure if Jem is announced tomorrow If he can slot straight in as we’re seriously thin on numbers. Alternatively we bring back golec or Cisse and push Oniel back into CDM.

Thoughts??

turbo

I can’t see MM wanting to change the formation or squad more than needed. Injuries permitting I think we’ll get:
BK
Cisse Aspro. Rowles
Millar. Melling. ONeill. Pain
Mcglinchey
Murray. Hoole

Possible back line alternative Rowles - Aspro - Clisby

ONeill has been solid at the back no question there but if Tom can’t back up we’ll need him in the mids more.

NoDiggity

I can’t see MM wanting to change the formation or squad more than needed. Injuries permitting I think we’ll get:
BK
Cisse Aspro. Rowles
Millar. Melling. ONeill. Pain
Mcglinchey
Murray. Hoole

Possible back line alternative Rowles - Aspro - Clisby

ONeill has been solid at the back no question there but if Tom can’t back up we’ll need him in the mids more.
Tom won’t back up, he said he would either start last night or on Wednesday. So bench against the jets

Ancient Mariner

The only reason for picking Hoole now would be if we only had 10 fit players and need him to make up the numbers. If this is the case play him at the front with instructions to kick the ball into the net and do not try anything else. But make sure he knows which way we are running.

pjennings

I'm assuming that Golec and Cisse are still on the outer. If so it will be a real struggle to put together a full squad and need to bring in . I would bring Nisbet, Glassock and Kekeris into the squad.

This is the best I can do. Glassock is needed to cover for Aspro but hopefully he can play a full 90.. Hoole can cover for Murray and Pain. Kekeris can cover for Clisby and Millar. Tom cannot start but may be needed for a 30 min cameo.

-----------------------Kennedy-----------
-------Aspropotamitis----O'Neill----Rowles
--------------Nisbet/Berry-----Melling---------
Millar------------------------------------Clisby
--------------------McGlinchey-------------------
------------Murray---------------Pain------------

Subs: Pearce, Glassock, Hiariej, Hoole, Kekeris

NoDiggity

I'm assuming that Golec and Cisse are still on the outer. If so it will be a real struggle to put together a full squad and need to bring in . I would bring Nisbet, Glassock and Kekeris into the squad.

This is the best I can do. Glassock is needed to cover for Aspro but hopefully he can play a full 90.. Hoole can cover for Murray and Pain. Kekeris can cover for Clisby and Millar. Tom cannot start but may be needed for a 30 min cameo.

-----------------------Kennedy-----------
-------Aspropotamitis----O'Neill----Rowles
--------------Nisbet/Berry-----Melling---------
Millar------------------------------------Clisby
--------------------McGlinchey-------------------
------------Murray---------------Pain------------

Subs: Pearce, Glassock, Hiariej, Hoole, Kekeris
Strong possibility this will be the starting line.. but melling, Nisbet/berry & weemac is a f**king weak midfield

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm feeling 'meh' about this game.
I worry that our lack of fitness and the stupid schedule is going to sting us. Our off-the-ball and attacking linkages had dropped off which is why we were hammering Roar but couldn't sink it in, and we made a few bad attacking choices - I wonder if that was fatigue (and Tom H looked like he was struggling)

Elite

With the heavy recent schedule and the couple of injuries last night, our depth is really going to be tested in this one.

I'm hoping Shabow's injury is minor and doesn't see him sidelined for too long. I thought he showed quite a few moments of real promise against the Roar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred