• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - F3 Derby #46 (Away)

Woollybutt

Can anyone explain the relationship between Fox and VAR? Because on both Newcastle's offside goal and the handball shout, and I think against Wellington as well, Fox showed a replay much later that showed the decision was wrong. Does Fox control what angles VAR sees? I've never understood how that works.

Ancient Mariner

Shit result.

Good scrappy performance, lots of encouraging signs. Speaking of which I would like to see some "signs" on new contracts.

Pain, Millar Hiariej, O'Neil, Aspro, Murray and NISBET.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Can anyone explain the relationship between Fox and VAR? Because on both Newcastle's offside goal and the handball shout, and I think against Wellington as well, Fox showed a replay much later that showed the decision was wrong. Does Fox control what angles VAR sees? I've never understood how that works.

We don't get to see what the VAR sees until it goes to onfield review.

So we might not be looking at the same footage. Which is absolutely stupid.

Woollybutt

Shit result.

Good scrappy performance, lots of encouraging signs. Speaking of which I would like to see some "signs" on new contracts.

Pain, Millar Hiariej, O'Neil, Aspro, Murray and NISBET.
Those seven plus Rowles, Shabow, and Kekeris would be the core of a decent squad for the next couple of years. I just really, really want it to be our squad for once.

Woollybutt

We don't get to see what the VAR sees until it goes to onfield review.

So we might not be looking at the same footage. Which is absolutely stupid.
Cheers. So either VAR didn't get to see those angles (in which case how the hell can we have any trust in it as a system) or they did see them and ignored them, and we'll never get to know which it was. Sounds like FFA's typical approach to transparency.

LFCMariners

Jets fans should buy a lotto ticket with their next Centrelink payment. If they play like that the rest of the season, I don't see where their next win/s will come from besides Brisbane and maybe WSW?

A decent striker would've made all the difference for CCM tonight. Form has been much better overall since the Nix game, at this point I'd say the spoon battle is soon to be WSW v Roar. CCM should nab enough draws/ wins to put us free...

Ancient Mariner

Add weemac... And Melling
I'd keep golec personally unless his leg is absolutely fkd.
Melling had an ordinary 1st half but was good in the second. I thought he was good last week as well.
I have been one of his biggest critics but will give credit where it is due.
I will watch the replay for a better idea before saying more.

Coastalraider

I’m hoping tonight was a watershed for MM. while he persisted with Cisse and Golec for too long, once the penny dropped we haven’t seen them since.

Hopefully tonight watching a couple of kids in Kekeris and Nisbett will drop the penny that WeeMac and Hoole are taking the piss.

Those 2 are good depth. When fit, a squad of:
Kennedy (only because we have to)
Millar/New CD/Aspro/Rowles/Pain
Karacan/O’Neill
Hiarijai
Murray/Oar/Pain
Simon

With Clisby/Nisbett/Shabow/Kekeris/Pearce

I’d be fairly happy with that given we are only likely to make 1 more CD signing this year. And my favourite part is who is NOT required to create that lineup - WeeMac, Hoole,Melling,Cisse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred