• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - AU v CCM

nebakke

Lose and any hopes of a top 6 disappear, Adelaide will go 11 point clear. Hard to see them falling away that badly. Win and we are 5 points behind and with a couple of good signings have a decent chance of the 6. We also have to play them twice still. Think they will be the only team we would have a realistic chance of catching. Hopefully TW is drumming this into the players this week.

Bear in mind that, of the remaining games, they play us 3 times, Jest once and Nux once... They have Roar, Sydney, WSW and City twice and then MV... That's a pretty rough finish to this season i think... Not sure I see them pick up much against most of them. :)

Gratis

They are in good form and it's a shame we had to wait til play them til they were.

That said if we're in form I think we can win this. Their defence is still being questioned and I think we can score against them. Plus I don't believe their attack is anywhere as potent as MV's was last week so we should be able to hold them out better.

Feeling hopeful for this one but it won't be easy by any measure.

Big Al

They are in good form and it's a shame we had to wait til play them til they were.

That said if we're in form I think we can win this. Their defence is still being questioned and I think we can score against them. Plus I don't believe their attack is anywhere as potent as MV's was last week so we should be able to hold them out better.

Feeling hopeful for this one but it won't be easy by any measure.
The goal they scored going through Bruce where he slipped it behind the defence and was crossed back across the goal was a sweet move and the sort of move we are susceptible to. Similar to one City put on against us.
We must watch the runs off the ball

Forum Phoenix

Would have been good if we were playing brissy this week while absent bordello and mcclaren and Au 8 weeks ago.

Hope you're right Middy.

That first 45 last week should give us confidence we can take it to anyone. But the big argument against us taking tje points is that we still have no depth. Hopefully we can put a few past them and hold out. Because as it stands, our three best players Fab, Austin and Monty will alway tire and become less effective as the game wears on. And we are a long way off from having like for like subs to come on.

midfielder

Would have been good if we were playing brissy this week while absent bordello and mcclaren and Au 8 weeks ago.

Hope you're right Middy.

Its more a gut feeling and comes from our own podcast ... I heard in that brilliant interview with Charlesworth for the first time where and how we are moving and what MC is trying to do ... to make the club self supporting .. maybe I was slow before but I can see logic in all the chaos ... MC's admission of poor signing under Moss and what tasks he set TW and what TW's is doing started to make sense ... further MC's frank admission FFA would prefer a second Sydney team and there is no way it will be us all fit into the chaos...

The next bit is eerRRRRR me being a touch self-righteous ... if I did not fully understand and I think I am reasonably smart [ask me I am the first to admit it] then I assume many others including players did not fully understand it ...

With the nay sayers gone ... I sense a new of pride in the shirt and finally in spite of how bad we have played at times this year we have not had the rub of the green in many games and these things have a habit of turning around...

pjennings

Hope you're right Middy.

That first 45 last week should give us confidence we can take it to anyone. But the big argument against us taking tje points is that we still have no depth. Hopefully we can put a few past them and hold out. Because as it stands, our three best players Fab, Austin and Monty will alway tire and become less effective as the game wears on. And we are a long way off from having like for like subs to come on.

I actually think we might not be that far away. If Trent had come on for Austin we would have had a speedy front man that can link up on the left. And if Hersi is signed the same would be for the right. I think we would have been better off getting Trent on for precisely that reason.

Hersi is an interesting one. He can play wide right for a tiring Ferriera and also fill in centrally.

nebakke

Phwoah! We might be missing Posco but Galekovic and Cirio are both out and Hall is replacing Izzo... If ever there was a time to get one over them, surely this is it :)
C'MON BOYS!!! :grouphug::overheadl::fireup:
Hopefully we don't play Djite back in form...

gull

Trent seems to have a lot of expectation for someone who hasn't played one minute of A-League...

Timmah

Elsey not playing either. Earlier this season when neither Elsey or Galekovic were in the lineup they were woeful. This shall be interesting.

pjennings

Trent seems to have a lot of expectation for someone who hasn't played one minute of A-League...

My point was more that by going back in our shell we invited Melbourne to come at us - which they did constantly. A quick outlet would have them thinking twice and less likely to commit so many forward and thereby taking pressure off our defence. It didn't matter if he scored or not - it was more about relieving pressure.

greenlig

Looks like Bray is in goal over Tinker bell. Probably a fair swap after last weeks game. Hope it doesn't knock him too hard, he looks like he'll make a great shot-stopper, just needs to learn to impose himself more.

gull

My point was more that by going back in our shell we invited Melbourne to come at us - which they did constantly. A quick outlet would have them thinking twice and less likely to commit so many forward and thereby taking pressure off our defence. It didn't matter if he scored or not - it was more about relieving pressure.

I take your point, and wasn't singling you out.

Plenty on here seem to think he's some kind of saviour. He may well be terrific for us, but at this stage it's way too early to expect too much.

Forum Phoenix

Walmsley said it was about giving Bray his chance as much as anything. And that tinkerbelle had done amszingly well for someone so young.

Sean has just said working stupidly hard and very close to being ablevto announce a signing on a whole different level than Hersi. Clearly talking a marquee.

Asked for everyone to really kick in now and show the club its Support. Rally on social media -"be loud and proud" to defend against the knockers.

midfielder

ADL Starting XI: Margush (GK), Elrich, McGowan, La Rocca, Marrone, Isaias, Carrusca, Jeggo, Goodwin, Sanchez, Djite

CCM Starting XI: Bray, Roux, Uskok, Ascroft, Rose, McGing, Montgomery, Neill, Ferreira, Austin, Bingham

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred