• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R15 - AU v CCM

Gratis

Important game - first time we've played AU this season isn't it?

They've won their last 3 games but if we can play like we have been I fancy us, 2-1. Maybe 3-1. It's starting to come together and I believe we can fairly well neutralise their attack as well as score ourselves.

Important game for several reasons -
We need the points...obviously...to avoid the spoon (we're only 3 points behind Perth now).
It would be our first away win since 2014.
We need to overtake AU to get back into the 6 and a win would bring us to within 5 points of AU.
To build on confidence and form.

Same starting line up as against MV

Go get 'em boys!

Timmah

Yep, Posco definitely gone on 5 slices of cheese.

THB / Roux Ascroft RoseSr Uskok / McGing Monty Neill / Fabio Bingham Austin

Subs: Bray / Stella Buhagiar RoseJr ... Kalik?

pjennings

He will not be re-signed and is free to leave if he can get a gig elsewhere - otherwise he will see out his contract. He trained this morning.

Wombat

Yep, Posco definitely gone on 5 slices of cheese.

THB / Roux Ascroft RoseSr Uskok / McGing Monty Neill / Fabio Bingham Austin

Subs: Bray / Stella Buhagiar RoseJr ... Kalik?

Back 4 could be a problem. I don't think Uskok can play fullback and hasn't looked convincing in his cameos.
Maybe McGing to CB and Rose in the middle.

Wombat

He will not be re-signed and is free to leave if he can get a gig elsewhere - otherwise he will see out his contract. He trained this morning.

How did he look?

It's seams incredibly stupid to do that to a player mid season.

pjennings

I feel sorry for him. He has the crispest shots in training and he controls long balls so well.

If we were going to sign him it needed to be before pre-season, he is just not fit enough at this stage and he won't get there playing off the bench.

dibo

It's tough - he's not a bad player but not quick enough. At NPL level he'd be the boss, at HAL level he has every 5'10" defender nipping under him and flogging the ball before he can use his good touch or lvely strike.

marinersince2006

Team.
Was not aware Posc out suspended.Hopefully rest will be good for him.

BH

Roux Asc Jake Jrose

LRose Monty Neil

Fab. Bingham Austin

Bench

Khalik
Uskok
TrentB
Stella

Bray

Really want to see Kalik get game time.

Bray must be close to a debut.

Feel bad about no place for Sim. Agree Heff needs to get fitter and disappointed he like Sim just not the future.

Forum Phoenix

Posc will be missed, but the young defenders are steadily improving and obviously better supported in our new look line ups.

Goodwin out is definitely a plus - lot of quality - scum took him backwards.

Djitte is strong 9 and good on the turn, our CB's would want to sit tighter than has been their norm or likely to cost us imho.

Just our luck to finally get AU when they're back in form, but on last weeks game you'd have to give us a decent shot. Worried about subs depth if chasing the game or indeed holding out a lead. o_O May well be chance at a fairytale debut for #thatboytrent if we're down.

COYY

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
shame about Heff, but as it was said, he got bought the wrong side of pre season, bad timing by TW, of course, Heff hasnt impressed me any, when he did get a run...although i'm reliably informed he done excellent in the yoof, maybe a bit of personal motivation by him (extra sessions by his request) to get fit might of helped him impress TW into keeping him...BUT....his loss is #ThatBoyTrents opening....as for AU, given their current form, i'll be happy with a draw again but without the 37 minutes of horrendous pressure that Victory gave us

midfielder

Would love an away win.... kinda get the feeling the team, and the Coast is getting on board with what they are trying to do..Me thinks the MC podcast was brilliant and has lifted eeerrrr better explained what was going on...

We have a real good show at this an as each week passes Fab gets fitter and will be able to last a little longer... could not help but notice when we had both Fab and Austin off MV seem not to feel threatened at the back and pushed forward in greater numbers..Seems to me when Fab goes off other teams push the defender they had on him to attack mode ..

Wombat

He game with good wraps but hasn't looked water tight in the two games I've seen him.
Depends if he is bossing it at training.
Otherwise McGing and Ascroft would be the best pairing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred