• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R13: Mariners vs Melbourne Heart (5/1/14)

VicMariner

eenfish said:
what was the go with the cops and the blokes waving the Rangers/North Ireland flag?
I thought I saw a Rangers banner on TV. Each to their own I guess but taking another teams gear to a match makes no sense to me.

Another flat performance but somehow we are up to 3rd on the table....:eek: Talk about flying under the radar.

eenfish

Gave the ball away twice and gave away three free kicks in 10 minutes, shone like the rest of the team.

Losing possession seems to be an epidemic for all our players at the moment.

someone said the lady security boss wanted a voovoozuela(?) someone had and they werent forthcoming...methinks it was an FFA edict to step on everyone & everything

Ah I thought i saw one of them, which is a bit shit at a game but at the same time like who cares really. At one point also it looked like they were being told to change their shirts or something...

Wombat

That would have to be the worst perfomance since the Lawrie days!
Crap, uninspiring football.
From heroes to zeroes in 6months. I can`t believe how bad they were, it was like watching their very first training session.
The combinations were cumbersome & disjointed,there was no leadership & no inspiration.To be honest we were lucky to be playing the shit Melbourne team.

Ready 6 - Had little to do but his distribution today was erratic.
Storm 6 - Played like he had zero confidence in Sterj.He failed to get forward,didn`t take on the defence & sadly looked very tired.
Sains 7 - Went through the motions but lacked the spark & drive of previous games.
Ando 7 - Solid but thats about all . The highlight was he lasted the whole game
Rose 5 - His hand will be shaking on payday.Missing Weemac already. He could have scored the winner but as so often happens with him nhe scooped it
over the bar
Sterj 3 - He won`t have to clean his boots this week ,as he did nothing to take the shine off them
Monty 8- He played his heart out trying to motivate the team,even getting forward with a diving header that narrowly missed.He was rewarded for his
efforts by being subbed.WTF!
Hutcho 5 - Never gets out of second gear.
Fitzy 6 - Tried hard but his lack of pace & skill today showed that he is not at A League level
McBreen 3- Back to the form of 2 seasons ago.The loan spell in China has killed his season & probably his career.
Duke 6 - Tried initially but gave up when the service & support was crap

Matty- not half the player he was before he went overseas
Caceres - came on far to late

Mossy- The flat 442 will see us killed by the good sides.
He didn`t try to fix the problem, which I think was the transitions to attack, but took the soft option of taking off Monty.
With Flores out & Weemac gone there`s no spark to the attack.
Caceres is the only shining light.Groom him as a 10 for the rest of the season.

Good post apart from the line about caceras who showed very little and we actually lifted once Matty came on.

Wombat

Well that was a shit end to a decent day.
Lovely day at Ettalong Beach,then a free massage at East Gosford Thai Massage (perk when u own the business).
Then pick up my son and mate and head to the game.
It started well seeing Bikini Girl looking hot it some short skirt outfit....smile and a tingle!
Almost immediately in turned to shit when Eggy turned up in some Pirate dress....WTF......those chicken legs were just too much and I still haven't been able to stomach solid food.

Today the CCM officially announced that they are a SHIT football team.

We were lucky to get a draw against the worst teams Australia and at times it looked like were were happy to get 1pt.

Why the f**k do we play two holding midfielders in a 442.....it's stupid and invites Hutcho or Monty to do f**k all.....which they are happy to oblige.

Our go forward is pathetic.

Mossy.....time to get tough because that was f**king rank.

Last edited:

tsd

We might win a few and draw a few with this squad as it is but boy is it going to be hard to watch

tsd

Why the f**k do we play two holding midfielders in a 442.....it's stupid and invites Hutcho or Monty to do f**k all.....which they are happy to oblige.
442 is the defensive shape, going forward it's the 4231 that has taken over modern football

Wombat

Reddy 6. Ok
Roux 7. Showed class and some penetration but Why do we struggle to overlap on his side.....it is such a simple part of the game for a full back.
Rose 5. Headless chook tonight. The miss was disgraceful.
Tesco 6.5. At fault for what should have been Heart opening goal. He is clearly a decent prospect but makes too many sloppy errors.
Ando 7. Quite good.
Fitz 7.5. Showed more guts than most of the team.
Hutcho 4. Shit.
Monty 6.5. Shit in parts but when he decided to have a go for a 20 min cameo we really lifted. Someone was grizzling that he was our best player when he was subbed but he wasn't but it was galling to see Hutcho stay out there after he attempted zero all game.
Sterj 5. Lazy and shit. Not a good combo. The only time he ran into space was when he was forced to.
Duke 6. Poor tonight.
Macca 5. Shit yet again....it's time to put in of f**k off....like half of the team.

The go forward is a joke.

The support play is a joke.

The movement off the ball is a joke.

eenfish

We might win a few and draw a few with this squad as it is but boy is it going to be hard to watch

I was talking to a mate yesterday and he said, re teams like Sydney and Newcastle, that if you can't fully figure out why you are winning or losing games then you aren't going far in the A-League even if you do make the top six. I agreed and said that we have quality that will pull us through we just need to get past some bumps. But after tonight, I fear that we're in the group of teams that can't explain why they play as bad as they do and can't explain what went right when they won.

Gratis

we were solid enough defensively despite the chances allowed that mh failed to take even when on a platter.

we created next to nothing in terms of our own chances. then stuffed the couple we had.

I'm hoping Ibini's pace will provide for some countering ability. it won't solve the myriad deficiencies that need addressing though.
we also must replace McGlinchey/Flores as a matter of urgency.

once these are sorted we need to derive a new structure that suits the personnel we have and train train train until it's fluent. a new way for a new era but keeping the historical culture. currently no-one seems to know their own roles

tsd

On hutch. Last season he was crucial for possession and tempo but now we have no creative outlets that role is kind of redundant. Maybe we need a modern playmaking dm to play alongside monty that can add something, not just feed the machine. Problem is with so much instability at the club having stability from captain may outweigh that

eenfish

Simon, duke and mcbreen on the field at the same time is like putting 3 kinds of icing on a cake your midfield can't bake

McBreen being deployed deeper doesn't seem to change how he plays, either. Duke being put on the wing just make him seem out his depth, but when he was playing up front today its like all the time on the wing has made him forget how to play as a striker.

Ditto was GrA said re: Bernie. Keen to see how we will do with a player comfortable on the wing working with Storm. Hate to say it, but when Pedj and Bernie played on the wing together it was magical to watch how well they worked together at times. That overlap is nonexistant anymore and you can see the frustration of Rose with whoever he has been playing with on the wing this season.

Wombat

I saw one of my customers from Armidale in the stands.....that is a long way to travel to watch dross like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred