• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R12: Mariners v Glory

eenfish

ARRRR..HA...that dog Burns got done for trying to enter the field of play while wearing someone else's shirt....straight red there folks, for deception.....you would think someone who has played as long as f**kwit would know that

This can't be right. Smeltz played the remainder of the 11/12 grand final with someone else's shirt after getting his nose destroyed.

Ancient Mariner

Reddy 7. Easy night. Good distribution. Nice change for him or Pasfield not to be our best player.
Storm 7. Return to good form. Much better movement off the ball.
Rose 8. Good barnstorming game. Really should have finished when he hit the post.
Ando 7.5. Best game so far. Well played Chesty.
Tesco 8. Looked like the captain. Good game and decent finish.
Weemac 8. Our best player but still overdoes it occasionally.
Hutcho 6. Better than last week. Switched on brilliantly in last 10 minutes but why not play like that all game. Passing was sloppy.
Monty 8. Great game, much sharper than last week.
Sterj 6. Not good but not bad.
Duke 7. Worked his arse off and showed heaps of courage and self belief. First touch is still ropey.
Macca 6. The bustle was back and he set up 1st goal but what has he done with his golden boots?

Mom
3pts Weemac
2pts Monty
1pt. Tesco

Pretty much agree with all here. Good summary.

Overall I was not overly impressed with our play apart from the first 15 mins and the last.

A better team would have punished us severely.

Burns should have had two yellows in the first half and should consider himself lucky to get about 60 minutes more than he deserved on the field.

Never saw the ref before, doubt anyone will see him again. :redcard:

I think we will miss Clarky more than any have so far realised.:(

A win is a win. Hope we can do it more convincingly against Heart.

dibo

This can't be right. Smeltz played the remainder of the 11/12 grand final with someone else's shirt after getting his nose destroyed.
If the officials are told that his number is changing (so they can change it in their notes - essential for tracking first and second yellows) then no biggie. You'd think here that there was no issue on that front, just that he's a mouthy prick and copped a yellow. If he is seriously mouthing off, I don't understand why they don't jsut show straight reds.

As someone heavily involved in grassroots footy, I don't get why the pro refs don't just apply the letter of the law and send people off who abuse them. In other games they don't put up with it, we shouldn't put up with it in football at any level.

MrCelery

On top of the world - figuratively and literately!

Gutsy win.

P1010057.jpg

Gratis

also quite pleased with Sainsbury's licence to get forward and use his distribution skills this game and hopefully from now on. very effective. a massive asset if we manage to keep him through January

bikinigirl

According to the Ch7 whinge the 4th kept getting him to change his shirt (maybe he kept getting blood on it, not sure), and he kept going off his nut at the 4th official, then got picked up for dissent. His fault, throw a temper tantrum and pay the price. Hardly over officious if he's continuously abusing the 4th official.

. from what i remember ... every time he changed into someone else's shirt the first thing he'd do was use it to wipe more blood from his head ... i'd have kept giving him yellow's for being so stoopid

Yoda

Paul must have had a few drinks to celebrate the win when writing his report.
Jim McBreen & Justin Rose ?:cheers:
More than a few drinks I think. BOTN 3,2,1 McBreen, Harold, Sterj!! I dare say he didn't even watch the game! Mikey, sains, Monty would be a lot closer to the mark.

style_cafe

Hi Adz, is there any chance we could have the MOM voting thread for the Glory game.
Sorry to be a pain in arse.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If the officials are told that his number is changing (so they can change it in their notes - essential for tracking first and second yellows) then no biggie. You'd think here that there was no issue on that front, just that he's a mouthy prick and copped a yellow. If he is seriously mouthing off, I don't understand why they don't jsut show straight reds.

As someone heavily involved in grassroots footy, I don't get why the pro refs don't just apply the letter of the law and send people off who abuse them. In other games they don't put up with it, we shouldn't put up with it in football at any level.

You're not wrong. Somebody on another forum said you could clearly see he called the ref a f****** wanker after the first yellow. That's supposed to be a straight red, but that'll never happen in the HAL. Hutcho's called the ref similar things plenty of times before, seen players cop a yellow for calling the ref a 'f****** cheat' before, we all know that's a straight red. But even at grassroots referees allow a LOT of dissent. Bit of a circular problem though, any one ref tries to crack down and he'd probably be lucky to make it off the pitch...

Never saw the ref before, doubt anyone will see him again. :redcard:

Melbourne boy. Had a few matches, not too many though. Haven't seen him in action locally so I'm not familiar with him.

style_cafe

Back to the future .. he is visiting from Singapore, and giving me a holiday!
I`ve known Paul for many years from his reports back in my days at Macarthur Rams.
He`s a very good writer with accurate reports ,hence the drinks comment,
Best wishes to him..

Pokes

Doubt it had anything to do with the number on his shirt, as the 4th Official was kept in the loop of that. His shorts did have quite a bit of blood on them, as did his shirt when he kept changing it, I think more blood kept going on to the new shirt.

Roy Law

I have watched the game again and think I was a tad harsh on the team: there was a lot more good football being played than I gave them credit for. McBreen really stood up as an old hand who took responsibility; he had three great opportunities to score (more than Perth had in the whole game) and if he had got even one of them we would have run away with it. Sterjovski had two good chances too but Duke, for all his impressive livewire running barely had a sight at goal. We do need to give him the chances to score. He needs it and so does the team. Perth, though, were simply awful and hardly tested our defence in which Anderson was very assured. I gave MoM to McGlinchey but Sainsbury was awesome: one run in which he beat four Perth players down the sideline; a brilliant slide tackle that won the ball cleanly, and his ability to get forward and to be back when it counted were all class. He is a level above; I think sometimes we just take it for granted how good he is. He is in the Amini, Ryan, Rogic class for mine.

Wombat

I`ve known Paul for many years from his reports back in my days at Macarthur Rams.
Best wishes to him..

Just suggesting that Paul might have been on the piss for a fair few days judging by that match report............ although I did think Harold looks like a decent prospect for the Glory.

Wombat

Best wishes to him..

Just suggesting that Paul might have been on the piss for a fair few days judging by that match report............ although I did think Harold looks like a decent prospect for the Glory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred