• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R12: Mariners v Glory

style_cafe

Just a reminder that there is a game this week.
Although the talk has been a bit negative this week following a less than impressive last game we should get over the top of the Glory.
I`d like to see us playing a more counter attacking game with quick movements of the ball from the back third to the front.
Perth rely heavily on Burns to break up the attacks so the use of Rose & Stormy down the flanks is critical.

I`d like to see :
---------------Reddy------------
Storm---Anderson---Griffiths---Rose
---------Sains------Monty------
WeeMac-----Flores----- Fitzy
--------------Duke------------------

Bench: Passfield,Hutcho, Seip,McBreen

Yoda

I can't see Sains being pushed up to DM. I think we are stuck with Hutch in Midfield (Testimonial season perhaps....Please!)

--------------Reddy---------------
Storm----Sains---Griffiths---Rose
--------Monty-----Hutch----------
WeeMac----Flores-------Fitzy-----
--------------Duke--------------------

Bench: Pasfield, Sterj (if not injured)/Simon, McBreen, Caceres, Anderson. Seip >>>>>>>>>>> Home!

pjennings

A big month coming up that will define our season.

We have some very winnable games with Glory followed by Heart at home followed by the Nix and the Smurfs away and finally the Jets at home. We really need to bank at least 10 - 12 points from these games. Anything less and we will struggle in the final round as we attempt to juggle ACL and HAL commitments. If we do better it might give us the confidence to play better against WSW, Roar and Victory and second place (and a 2 game mini-cup to become champions again) becomes a possibility

Last edited:

true believer

after watching drive bys and the tards .the level of football has slumped dramaticly this year.
if we get half our mojo back . I still believe we could go back to back.
it starts with playing duke up front

nero

The level of play has been rubbish this year, us included. I can't believe someone is paying 12 mil for heart after watching the worst AL season in 2 or 3 years.

Perth are beatable at home, but no guarantee. Hoping the basket case that is Perth can continue for the rest of this year.

We need a new signing, like Alosi a few years back to get some positive momentum. Our team looks clueless away from home.

Heart have just lost their coach and will be fired up. Wellington are tough at home, but beatable and Newcastle are boring to watch but playing well at the back and stealing games with WSW counter attacking crap. All games that last years team would have won before half time.

Good luck team big few weeks to come. Hoping at the end of Jan we are 2nd or 3rd on the table.

true believer

The level of play has been rubbish this year, us included. I can't believe someone is paying 12 mil for heart after watching the worst AL season in 2 or 3 years.

nix v heart set a new low . I think if I was a heart supporter after that .I would have acquired a heroin habit .because two battles of scotch wouldn't kill the pain over that game .
12 mill for heart . yeah change their home ground to sandown or somewhere out there and you'd have the answer to the RRB

Perth are beatable at home, but no guarantee. Hoping the basket case that is Perth can continue for the rest of this year.

We need a new signing, like Alosi a few years back to get some positive momentum. Our team looks clueless away from home.
we have the player already. put Bernie on the right with storm , with duke up front . the goals will follow
Heart have just lost their coach and will be fired up. Wellington are tough at home, but beatable and Newcastle are boring to watch but playing well at the back and stealing games with WSW counter attacking crap. All games that last years team would have won before half time.

Good luck team big few weeks to come. Hoping at the end of Jan we are 2nd or 3rd on the table.

Last edited:

scoober

-------------reddy-----------
Storm--sains--Zac--rosey
------------ Monty
----- Glinch -------- Fitzy
------------- Marcos
---------- Duke---- Macca

Roy Law

after watching drive bys and the tards .the level of football has slumped dramaticly this year.
if we get half our mojo back . I still believe we could go back to back.
it starts with playing duke up front
Well, what would you expect with the Mariners, in transition, not at their usual standards :innocent:
The A League needs the high quality Mariners back. ASAP.

bikinigirl

Is Seip a player of the future?
Give the young guys a go if we` re re- building the team

. considering his contract length ... seip is very much a player in our future

. we currently find ourselves in a situation we have rarely been in the past. neither zac, brent or marcel have really stood out as 'the man' to partner trent. but i would suggest that there is a huge pay disparity between the two young blokes and and the fella taking up a 'visa spot'

. all things considered i think it would be very difficult for mossy to banish seip to the youth squad

kevrenor

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Central Coast Mariners v Perth Glory
Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford

Kick-off: 6.00pm local (6:00pm AEDT)

Referee: Shaun Evans
Assistant Referee 1: Sarah Ho
Assistant Referee 2: Lance Greenshields
Fourth Official: Tim McGilchrist

TV broadcast:6.00pm (AEDT) Live coverage on FOX Sports 1HD and Sky Sport 4 (New Zealand).
Radio Broadcast: 92.5 ABC Central Coast, 720 ABC Perth, ABC Local Radio Western Australia, Grandstand Digital, Online/Mobile phone app