• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R12: Mariners v Glory

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
well...wasnt that a diabolical representation of professional refereeing...FARK MOI !...the only word that came to mind while watching that dropkick with the whistle was clusterf**k...seriously, was that a try out for him?...hopefully that the last we see of him

NOW..Dukes got bugger all service, Macca look buggered after 20, Rosey was on fire, Stormy had a quite one...Hutcho..I think the captains band is cutting the blood off to his brain...Zac had a gooden until he ran outta blood in his calves...speaking of which, the new fitness guy must be running the boys hard or something, I dont think I've seen the team run outta puff so easy EVER....Marcos..Flores came on and did more stuff in 11 minutes than his done in 3 games...maybe the subs bench suits him....and then there was Wee Micky...with one game to go, he had a cracker ( although he did hold the ball up too long a couple of times)..suffice it to say, were gonna miss him...maybe he'll come back...maybe Caceres can take his spot or Fitzy...long as it aint Hutcho.....did I mention the ref was a dick ?....speaking of which, Jacob Burns is a low rotten dog!, who it was said, wiped blood on matty simon...if that aint a multi week holiday I dunno what is...its an assault charge in the real world....oh AND THE CANNON WENT OFF TWICE IN ONE GAME ...WOOHOO....:shoutclap::pirashoot::overheadl:

Last edited:

finally retired

great game from almost everyone......I'm not a Hutch fan, and I have to say after his lazy passes back in the first half I was calling him all the bad names under the sun. BUT.....after he went to fullback I thought he played great in his cameo and really led the team...in fact he went forward more often in those last 15 minutes than he had in the previous 80 (or probably in all of his games combined this season) :p
Flores really sparked the team when he came on and he and WeeMac make a fantastic combo....just a pity it ends after the next game. The highlight for me though was seeing Rosey bombing forward again......it's been a long time since we've seen that.

style_cafe

not if he gives the ball away , every time he plays it ,causing crisis after crisis . are you also sacking macka because we're rebuilding?
just quietly
With the amount of missed chances Macka`s days as a striker are numbered.
As a role model for the younger ones though he is invaluable.

A very intriguing game with patches of brilliance intermingled with shades of darkness.
Overall a much improved performance which gave me glimmers of hope for the future.
Although we looked comfortable & dominated the game, we have to be thankful that Perth were absolutely awful in front of goal.They had at least 5-6 goal scoring opportunities which went begging.

Reddy 6.5 Had little to do but his distribution has improved marginally
Stormy 6.5 Had a fair game . Nothing outstanding like we`re used too as he seemed
reluctant to get forward
Sainsbury 8 Looked very confident & showed a great changed of pace to beat players when he
went forward in the second half.Got a good goal too.
Ando 7.5 Apart from one very wayward pass in the first half he played very well.The
constant cramps though is a worry.
Rose 7.5 Had one of his better games.He looked dangerous going forward but often lacked
support in the front third
Hutcho 6.5 At the 20th minute mark must have had a brain fart.Two diabolical passes could
have seen us looking down the barrel of defeat. Defended strongly when Ando
went off
Monty 8.5 His usual high standard & tackled everything
Mclinchy 9 Had a superb first half but went missing for a long period in the second half until
Flores came on. A well deserved goal.
Sterj 6.0 A passenger for long periods.
McBreen 7.5 The Golden boot is a fading memory.Probably needed a rest in the off season
Duke 9 Was awesome as the first line of defence. His work rate was sensational as he
continually pressurised the ball which lead to us regaining possession from
hurried Glory passes.He deserved better service in attack.

Flores made an immediate impact & looked like he was enjoying himself. Probably should
have been on earlier
Seip I`m not yet convinced. The penalty was unneccary under the circumstances
Simon I`d love to see him re-capture the form that made him a hero.

Mossy I loved his passion when we scored the second goal.Interesting that he sat next
to Crawley.
JH ? has anyone got a name for the new Clarkey. The warm up was probably the longest
I`ve seen at Bluey.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

just saw that fkn Burns whining about his sendoff on ch7...whinging dog

-jacob-burns_zps5d91a889.jpg

BrisRecky

ridiculous sending off aside, if he did what is said he did (wiping blood on Matty Simon)...his should be gone for a month or more ...although he wont, cause he got walked for something else

UnitedsNo9

I'd like to give a heap of credit to Mossy for this game... Gamble on a formation that I was excited about when the starting 11 was announced. Very happy to see Duke back up ront where he belongs. Obviously the injuries hampered strategic subs to bring on Fitzy, Simon and Flores for those who were tiring e.g. Stej and Mcbreen.
The boys looked very fatigued like they've been getting worked quite hard at training but I thought our football was a great improvement and the final third needs a polish. Sainsbury was brilliant before he went off though I think Monty was immense in this game. I so liked Ando at CB.

Yoda

has anyone got a name for the new Clarkey. The warm up was probably the longest I`ve seen at Bluey.

Tim Knight, plays MPL for Killarney. Pretty sure he got the gig as the U20s "Clarky" this year, but has stepped up to look after the first team. Not sure if he has the job for an going period or until the role is filled by someone else. He's a good player at MPL level and if he can help the team run all game like he does, he'll do well.

style_cafe

Tim Knight, plays MPL for Killarney. Pretty sure he got the gig as the U20s "Clarky" this year, but has stepped up to look after the first team. Not sure if he has the job for an going period or until the role is filled by someone else. He's a good player at MPL level and if he can help the team run all game like he does, he'll do well.
Thanks Yoda

Arnie

Last night was the best we have played so far in the Moss era. I thought leaving Flores off was a brave decision but Flores poor form really left Mossy no choice. My questions is how many more inept games can we give McBreen before he needs to have a spell with the youth?

BrisRecky

ARRRR..HA...that dog Burns got done for trying to enter the field of play while wearing someone else's shirt....straight red there folks, for deception.....you would think someone who has played as long as f**kwit would know that

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

No such thing. It was dissent.
So would've had to be something pretty damn drastic he said to get that card (ie something that would earn a straight red at any other level). Only got himself to blame there, basic stuff. Carry on like an idiot and you make it an easy decision for the ref there.

Didn't think he wiped blood on Simon though, just looked like a push on the highlights package.

Man, what a finish though!!! Would've been thrilling to be there

Last edited:

gull

On the replay you can see the fourth official call the ref over and say "yellow card for dissent" about Burns.

BrisRecky

a ref told me about the shirt thingy...just passing along info given

sydmariner

No such thing. It was dissent.
So would've had to be something pretty damn drastic he said to get that card (ie something that would earn a straight red at any other level). Only got himself to blame there, basic stuff. Carry on like an idiot and you make it an easy decision for the ref there.

Didn't think he wiped blood on Simon though, just looked like a push on the highlights package.

Man, what a finish though!!! Would've been thrilling to be there
I thought it was 4 time wasting

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I thought it was 4 time wasting

Nah, if he's not ready to go on the field then the 4th won't get the ref involved, so the match doesn't get delayed for him. According to the Ch7 whinge the 4th kept getting him to change his shirt (maybe he kept getting blood on it, not sure), and he kept going off his nut at the 4th official, then got picked up for dissent. His fault, throw a temper tantrum and pay the price. Hardly over officious if he's continuously abusing the 4th official.

Vinnie Jones? Nah, Burns isn't that dangerous. He's a bit of a twat but that's about it. Muscat and Danny Tiago are the only players we've had I'll put into the Vinnie Jones category

Man, Siep's getting some hate. Hard to tell who's doing what just watching crappy internet streams (didn't see this match at all) - got a lot of hate for the penalty; I've seen our boys give far stupider ones than that.

Somebody on the facebook page said it looks like we're back in form?

Wombat

Reddy 7. Easy night. Good distribution. Nice change for him or Pasfield not to be our best player.
Storm 7. Return to good form. Much better movement off the ball.
Rose 8. Good barnstorming game. Really should have finished when he hit the post.
Ando 7.5. Best game so far. Well played Chesty.
Tesco 8. Looked like the captain. Good game and decent finish.
Weemac 8. Our best player but still overdoes it occasionally.
Hutcho 6. Better than last week. Switched on brilliantly in last 10 minutes but why not play like that all game. Passing was sloppy.
Monty 8. Great game, much sharper than last week.
Sterj 6. Not good but not bad.
Duke 7. Worked his arse off and showed heaps of courage and self belief. First touch is still ropey.
Macca 6. The bustle was back and he set up 1st goal but what has he done with his golden boots?

Mom
3pts Weemac
2pts Monty
1pt. Tesco

Roy Law

ARRRR..HA...that dog Burns got done for trying to enter the field of play while wearing someone else's shirt....straight red there folks, for deception.....you would think someone who has played as long as f**kwit would know that
And one website reported it as Da Silva being sent off :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred