• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R12: Mariners v Glory

sydmariner

Seriously??? He is below average. If you have replays of games this year that he has started, rewatch and check crucial moments in games, there will be a link to Seip on most defensive lapses. Whether he has rushed out, missed his man and they've got in behind or has just been caught ball watching, it will be Seip. I know he will be compared to Big Pat, which may or not be fairm but I'd rather see Griffiths or Anderson partnering Sainsbury in the centre of defence.
Also @ this time in the season patty z had already scored about 6 goals

sydmariner

I thought Patrick last year scored his first goal of the season in the Grand Final?
Seip is an OK player, which isn't good enough when you occupy a visa spot, I would prefer a young Australian to be given the chance to shine.
The season before last

VicMariner

Crowd = 12,919. Season average over the 7 home games including NSO = 10039

Wow!
That game had everything. Sainsbury gets a HAL goal. Seip comes on and throws it all away. Cernak dodges a clear penalty. Injuries to Tesco and Anderson. Burns, lol, and McGlinchey scores a beautiful winner right at the death.
Man, I love football. :cheers:

midfielder

Reading some sites saying Massey is not up to standard ... did not see the game looking forward to Roy's summary..

localpom

Right result, but we really should have killed this one early. If Sains had stayed on we would have cruised, Seips tackle was crude for the penalty. Saying that, Marcos and Matty came on way too late for my liking.

bikinigirl

Right result, but we really should have killed this one early. If Sains had stayed on we would have cruised, Seips tackle was crude for the penalty. Saying that, Marcos and Matty came on way too late for my liking.

. i think the subs were a bit tricky tonight:
  • dukie had picked up a knock early and was struggling to walk at one stage
  • zac was cramping up well before he was subbed
  • sains going off really through a spanner in the works
. even before mossy was forced into plan c ... he was trying to re-organise for plan b

nebakke

Wasn't planning to look back here, but so excited about that win that I felt I had to ;)

I hope that lineup starts on Sunday as well... I'm a little concerned about Flores... He at one point, haf WeMac free in front of goal, having played the ball in himself, quite nicely... WeeMac literally begging for the ball, likely to score, in stead Flores gives it away trying to be cute... It enforces my perception that our game plan this season has been a lot around "gettheballtoFloresandwatchfireworks --- Hopefully"... I thought we looked better without him... Which actually surprised me.

But tbf, as BG points out, Mossie was very much forced past plan B, well towards Plan D country... I was certain that we'd lost it when both Tesco and Chesty went off...

MagpieMariner

Don't the rest of the team like Duke? He got some pretty poor service tonight. At one stage WeeMac was running around in circles and then passed across the pitch (and passed badly) while Dukey was sitting in about 10 acres of space about 5 yards from him. I got the impression that the team had been instructed not to pass him the ball unless he was surrounded by 4 purples.

yellowcake

So nice to pull off that win and we showed in the early part of the game that we can play some pretty football.

Chuckle of the night...
(Well, my interpretation) in the full-time Perth temper-fray, Matty Simon bear-hugging Danny Vukovic from behind, pinning his arms and pulling him away from the ref. Probably saying something like "don't do it Danny, he's just not worth it".

Gratis

Better. Much much better. The passing was the cleanest all season and the structure change led to great defensive solidness.
Still need to sharpen up in the final third - should have won this by much more. Some great chances were created however which is pleasing mainly from counters.
Craziness throughout, too much to comment on now, meant it could have gone either way but much happier with the progression and certainly the 3 points.
Good work fellas!

Roy Law

McGlinchey’s Fairy Tale Finish
Michael McGlinchey enjoyed a fairy tale finale to his career, thus far we hope, with the Mariners with a winner in the furthest extremities of time added on. It was a thrilling end to a bizarre match; a match in which the Mariners started superbly, lost their way and invited Perth back into it, and then came home with a wet sail inspired by Marcos Flores. It was a match without malice that gave us a player sent off; a fairy tale that gave us two villains in the hapless Marcel Seip and the hopeless referee, Shaun Evans.
Phil Moss had promised a few surprises for this game in a bid to freshen the team up and he was as good as his word, bringing Duke and Anderson into the starting lineup, relegating Flores to the bench, and encouraging Sainsbury to push forward at every opportunity.
The Mariners opened superbly, moving the ball quickly and smoothly, looking confident in everything they did. Their one-touch and pass football was too good for Perth who could only stand and watch and it was no surprise when they opened the scoring in the eleventh minute.
Good build up play won a corner and when Perth failed to clear their lines it was left to Sainsbury to coolly tuck the ball beyond Vukovic. We sat back, expecting more goals, but so too did the Mariners.
After such a bright start they became untidy, carelessly giving away possession too many times for comfort, before lifting again as Sainsbury pushed the team forward. His forty metre cross field ball to Rose a real gem, although Rose then gave the ball away. In the 38th minute Reddy played a great ball out to Rose who won a throw, quickly taken, which caused panic in the Glory defence but McBreen’s shot was feeble. The Mariners approach play was promising but execution was letting them down.
Perth earned ironic applause in the 60th minute when they had a shot on goal but the match was to take on a bizarre twist, with both Seip and the referee taking centre stage. The Mariners should have been looking to the subs bench to give a lift to a side that was slowly losing its momentum but when Sainsbury went down hurt it was Seip who came on, which wasn’t in their plans, and then off, and then came on again, carrying with him the burden of a pedantic yellow card: booked for wanting to keep the game moving. What a stupid rule.
McBreen lifted the boredom, for by now this game was dying on its feet, by beating Vukovic but the goal was correctly disallowed for offside. Anderson went down with cramp and the Mariners brought on Flores, by default a Guus Hiddink type substitution. Or rather, they wanted to, but had to wait two minutes as the football officials jobsworthed their way through his substitution application papers. But what a difference he made!
Suddenly the Mariners were going forward with guile and invention, McGlinchey in particular welcoming his fellow entertainer as they both pulled out a dazzling array of magic tricks. Perth reminded us not to be blinded by the light when Harold came agonizing close with a header which beat Reddy, but also the post, before Sterjovski’s air swing in the penalty area let Perth off the hook.
Seip then showed all his cumulative years of experience in English football’s lower divisions with a clumsy foul to concede a needless penalty. Monty beat his fist together in anger at such unprofessional play. You have to question why Seip didn’t incur a yellow and therefore was lucky to be on the pitch. McGarry’s penalty was far too good for Reddy, far too good for any keeper on the planet, to be honest, and worthy reward for a determined display from the classy Scotsman.
The Mariners, affected by injuries and self-inflicted wounds appeared to have thrown the game and the referee wasn’t helping, refusing a blatant penalty offence by Cernak, who barreled into the back of McGlinchey, flattening the little genius in the penalty area.
The fiery Jacob Burns then somehow got himself a cut eye and a yellow card; McBreen missed a sitter after another air swing, this time from Flores; and Burns got a second yellow when trying to re-enter the game, and was sent off, the victim of over-officious officialdom.
The Mariners pressed forward but it seemed all too late until with five minutes added on, and time well beyond that, McGlinchey buried the winner after Rose’s headed effort had hit the post following more brilliance from Flores. Mossy jumped for joy, pumping his fists; McGlinchey was engulfed by elated team mates; and the crowd rose to applaud the win and the winner.
McGlinchey is my MoM, with interesting support from Sainsbury, and honest endeavour from Montgomery and McBreen. Isaka Cernak showed what a difference energy and drive can make to midfield for Perth, while McGarry was their best. Mossy can enjoy the win, but must wonder why the Mariners almost threw it away, and will approach the next game wondering how he will cope without McGlinchey, and who will be his centre backs.

bikinigirl

. roy ... i was assuming/hoping mikey would at least be around for sunday's game. no announcements (that i can remember) were made at the game to suggest it was his last. if nothing else, he deserves the chance to accept the appreciation of the fans

EDIT: found the transfer article ... mikey to play against heart, bernie in for wellington

Last edited:

Wombat

Much better effort and much better formation. We actually looked like a Football side again and there were no passengers last night.
What on earth are we going to do without Weemac?
Ando had a great game and only one sloppy pass when put under pressure from a pathetic Hutcho free kick.....if he plays like that each week we win be set. I liked that he was playing more as a sweeper.
Monty was very good.
Duke when he gets his game together is going to be awesome. Mossy needs to spend a lot of individual time with him to polish the diamond he undoubtably will become.
I'll post more later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred