• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R10 - City v CCM @ AAMI

JoyfulPenguin

Completely played off the park for the majority of the half, only BK keeping us in it. Our ball movement is far to slow and our only idea is to launch a long ball to Appiah/Pain which is easily intercepted. Need to improve or we will be in for a hammering in the second half.

Forum Phoenix

Why are they standing off city and giving them so much space?? Madness.

Very poor half. No control in the middle and dominated in possession... very bad sign for a possession based side.

Not Liam’s failt but Tommy’s reading of the game, defending and skill on the ball is badly missed.

greenlig

From the stands looks like we're turning it over way too much, mcging isn't having a blinder, no one wants to shoot. Basically we're really missing Tom. Big hole, Rosebud had looked ok, but it's pretty obvious. Our formation and attacks are way less dynamic without Tom.

Kennedy is keeping us in it. Reminds me of Maty down here a few years back. If we stay in it we can nick this. Pls bring Powell on.

Forum Phoenix

Holy shit. Just saw the possession stats. 50/50. Unbelievable. Must have been all the time that Kennedy was holiding it after a shot,

Wombat

Horrible first half by us.

City all over us. Brama and Baro are playing well. Kennedy is an excellent keeper as Pat Jennings told us pre season. De Silva cleared one of the line as did Brama.

Appiah is a complete waste of time. For God sake bring Powell or Budgie on!!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Are the Mariners playing tonight? Looks like we've put on a team of Star Wars extras. C'mon boys, you're much better than this.
Kennedy is the only one who has turned up, but City's strikers are kinda making him look good. The boys are playing like they snuck out of the hotel and had a few sneaky ones on King St last night..... (Kind of our version of Oxford St. But not really. There's like, 3 strip clubs. Maybe. That's my story.)

Wombat

Very poor defending from Golec and Josh Rose.
I reckon we should sign McCormick in Jan transfer window.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A F****** PENALTY AND A SECOND YELLOW!!!!

Let's see what the VAR has to say about it. I mean, it's EXACTLY the same as what he got booked for.

HOW THE F*** HAS THE VAR NOT CALLED A PENALTY?????

I bet Gillett saw it too and didn't have the balls to make the decision. Otherwise he would have asked the AR or the VAR what happened.

Last edited:

TedShot

If someone is good enough to come on with five minutes left they are good enough to come on with fifteen left. Time to actually make an impact.

Side note- have noticed that Trent’s first touch is still letting him down fairly regularly

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

We really lacked leadership tonight. We needed one of the key players to step up and light a fire tonight, in the manner that Hutcho used to. They were quite lethargic tonight. Disappointing.
And yeah, subs were way too little, too late. We never looked like we had a chance all game - what hope was Okon actually clinging to there?

Spacks

Can we stop playing appiah as a lone striker now? Please? He brings absolutely nothing to that position.

NoDiggity

Is asdru not match fit after injury? I spoke to him after last weeks game and he said he was back for this week. Even if he plays 60 and Blake comes on for the last 30, with appiah fresh for a sub for Connor or hoole.

Ozhammer

Now I know why I was nervous about this game, we barely showed up until we were a goal down and even then, the substitutions weren’t made early enough in the game to really influence the result.

There is something going on with Storm and Asdrubal, as surely they make the bench at least?

I am really unhappy with our lack of intensity on a mild Melbourne evening, surely something went wrong with our game preparation for so players many to be off their game?

Forum Phoenix

Kubi woks hard but he is so clearly not a striker. Coming on at sixty on the wing to run at tired defenses he was awesome. Worries me that Okon thinks he has four players who can play up top. He doesn’t.

I mean I like him, but I still wasn’t even 100% convinced that Adsrubal was our answer, let alone Powell, let alone Bingham...let alone kubi.

That said, our problem was not up top today. We were not good enough in the middle so they came at us with space to terrorise and at the back Rosey got ripped apart several times. And when Golec slid across to play ball on the goal rose had too as well. That’s his job.,

Hoole had an off game as well by his recent standards.. L Rose was not bad but could not hope to fill Tommy’s shoes. J Rose was too slow. That was enough to make us look outclassed by City.

Why Paolo is praising our depth I’m unsure.

At the moment we look like we can’t adequately replace our striker if he’s out, we can’t adequately replace a cdm if he’s out. We couldn’t adequately replace baro when he was out... And Kennedy has been way stronger than Glover.

What depth?

Anyway, beyond the second foitstomp cant complain about the result,
Until they scored they bossed us and had acres of space. Could have easily been 4-0.
Yet they were still shit enough that we almost could have snatched something.

priorpeter

Poor, poor, poor. Only Brama and BK turned up tonight. Golec' ballwatching for the goal killed me.
Love Josh Rose but he's so far past it, needs a tap on the shoulder.
Missed Hiariej badly tonight.
Appiah is not up to scratch - his movement is so poor at 9, the experiment has failed there, time to let that go.
Pain off his game yet again tonight, having more poor games than good ones so far this year. Hopefully some legs to the Bozanic rumours as he'd do a job there. Hoole also far from his best tonight.
Subs should have been on far earlier - what's the point in changing the shape and going for it in the 89th minute when we've been behind for so long??
Ugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Football is a shit game anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred