• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R10 - City v CCM @ AAMI

scottmac

Suspended
I thought the points I made about ‘potential’ disruption were simple and clear.

But again you exaggearate, simplify, repeatedly straw man and misrepresent my position so you can shoot it down.

I like some of what you say but you make it very hard to have a discussion about it.

If you can’t accurately state what your opponents position is, then you can’t argue meaningfully or respectfully against it.
They were simple and clear and I disagree with them as ive posted.

Wombat

I didn't attribute all of that to you FP. So sorry if you took it that way. I said I cant see why so many people say this. It's a common perception that Cahill is all about money or in it for himself or disruptive. It was more a comment on your line of thinking.
As for our side being precariously balanced, I dont see it and you do the side a disservice by saying that. Okon has built something with a vision of how he wants to play. I dont for one second believe it could topple over at any second which is implied in saying precariously balanced.
As for expecting to start I dont believe Cahill is that type of player to come in and just expect things to be given to him. If you've followed his career at all over the last decade you'll know that's not him. He gets what he deserves by hard work. Rather than disruptive it might show some of our other players what it takes to be truly world class.
As for signing a lesser profile striker to avoid personality clashes that's just absurd. A personality clash has nothing to do with the so called profile of the signing. You have taken the common line about Cahill as noted above and spun them into a fear that he would destroy what we have here. Like I said the fear is based on a public misconception and a joy at cutting down tall poppy's.
As for significant change to our side I believe it's the exact opposite. He'd fit perfectly into what we are doing. He defends from the front he holds the ball up and plays like a midfielder and he is Australia's best goal scorer with an ability to get on the end of chances other cant. It's exactly what Okon's play calls for.
Obviously it's not going to happen but there's a reason why at 38 hes still the go to guy for the national team and its not that he's disruptive to the team's he's playing for.

I watched my first every Socceroo game (while not there as an England fan) vs Honduras and Cahill was head and shoulders above his team mates. Only Mooy came close.
The rest including Rogic are a million miles away.
But apart from the high profile and huge shirt sales I don't see him as a smart signing. Bums on seats yes. But apart from being a good goal scorer I can't drop a player like Addy to make space. Remember Tim is not even a proper CF it's just Australia has lacked talent in that area for so long

true believer

yoda-defeated.jpg

Big night on the Six Stripes I had. Fall I did. Back I hurt.
i would have believed you if your under pants were around your ankles

Forum Phoenix

They were simple and clear and I disagree with them as ive posted.

Yeah sure you disagree, whilst for the second time attributing a lot of bullshit reasoning to me that is your own imaginings of my position and not my actual position at all, and then argue it back at me.

I'll happily banter on anything and even change my position in real time if someone else makes more sense or has better proof of their opinion, and I've done it many times on here... but I won't argue positions made up by you that I don't even hold. If you can't be bothered to make sure you understand what someone else actually thinks instead of telling them what they think and then why that's wrong, then what's the point of having a discussion with someone else. Youv'e made me redundant.

Here you go: Tim's a money hungry c**t with an ego bigger than any team can possibly cope with and the only option is to sign a striker no ones heard of or we will plummet into the abyss we are precariously balanced over.

Knock yourself out. o_O

Last edited:

Ozhammer

TC is apparently precluded from signing for another A-League club anyway, so that makes this whole discussion point a theoretical one.

Looks like Okon will have some selection headaches this week, which is not something we could have said before now and it will be interesting to see what way he goes at LB and CF, as the rest of the team pretty much picks itself at the moment.

Hoping that Shitty are just that and continue to play like 11 individuals and that our boys can use the momentum they have gained in the last few weeks to execute a Mexican smash and grab raid. :headbounce::pirashoot:

bikinigirl

Looks like Okon will have some selection headaches this week, which is not something we could have said before now and it will be interesting to see what way he goes at LB and CF, as the rest of the team pretty much picks itself at the moment.

. no contention on the wing positions then?

Fishsdad

The team sheet at the start of this thread stated that the only unavailable "player" for us was Yoda - meaning that all other players are available. I may have missed something, but what's happened to Storm? Is he still injured (despite the team sheet's suggestion), or was he simply not picked in the squad?

Pirate Pete

I was at Jimmy G's this morning when the bus left and Asdrúbal, Bingham & Pearce stayed behind.

Top marks too for the acute over the U. I thought there was a bit of crap on my monitor.

Regarding Timmy, I would have thought it was obvious he'd be looking at getting games in a competition that finishes
closer to the world cup than the A league. There was no way he would sign for anyone else in Australia.

Reactions: adz

Gratis

Here you go: Tim's a money hungry c**t with an ego bigger than any team can possibly cope with and the only option is to sign a striker no ones heard of or we will plummet into the abyss we are precariously balanced over.

Knock yourself out. o_O
Admitted it

Ozhammer

I saw Asdrubal in Erina Fair yesterday and in his limited English (which is definitely improving btw) he seemed somewhat bemused by his omission. He said he was fit and ready to be selected but couldn’t explain why he had been left behind, which I struggled to understand too tbh.

He hoped to be able to play against WSW next weekend but didn’t seem certain of it.

Whilst I get the part about not changing a winning team and all that, Appiah is clearly a square peg in a round hole in the CF spot, so why wouldn’t Okon bring his most recognised striker back into the mix?

nebakke

I saw Asdrubal in Erina Fair yesterday and in his limited English (which is definitely improving btw) he seemed somewhat bemused by his omission. He said he was fit and ready to be selected but couldn’t explain why he had been left behind, which I struggled to understand too tbh.

He hoped to be able to play against WSW next weekend but didn’t seem certain of it.

Whilst I get the part about not changing a winning team and all that, Appiah is clearly a square peg in a round hole in the CF spot, so why wouldn’t Okon bring his most recognised striker back into the mix?

I'm betting he's going to swap the roles of Powell and Appiah to see if it changes the effectiveness of Appiah there... Not that I disagree with you... I would've thought Asdrúbal was a given there, but maybe Paolo is giving him an extra week to make sure that he's recovered... The assessment of when a player is ready can differ quite a bit between the perception fo the player themself and the Physio/Coach after all - nobody likes to be sidelined.

Big Al

May feel Asdrubal is not ready for 60-70 mins. Has basically chosen Powell over Asdrubal for the impact sub.

The thing for me is why not send Asdrubal to Canberra to get a run?

Gratis

I'm betting he's going to swap the roles of Powell and Appiah to see if it changes the effectiveness of Appiah there... Not that I disagree with you... I would've thought Asdrúbal was a given there, but maybe Paolo is giving him an extra week to make sure that he's recovered... The assessment of when a player is ready can differ quite a bit between the perception fo the player themself and the Physio/Coach after all - nobody likes to be sidelined.
This would be my guess.
It's time for Powell to start for 60-70 mins I'd say. Give Asdrubal a chance to be totally fit then they can fight it out with Appiah back up for that spot and the wings

scottmac

Suspended
Yeah sure you disagree, whilst for the second time attributing a lot of bullshit reasoning to me that is your own imaginings of my position and not my actual position at all, and then argue it back at me.

I'll happily banter on anything and even change my position in real time if someone else makes more sense or has better proof of their opinion, and I've done it many times on here... but I won't argue positions made up by you that I don't even hold. If you can't be bothered to make sure you understand what someone else actually thinks instead of telling them what they think and then why that's wrong, then what's the point of having a discussion with someone else. Youv'e made me redundant.

Knock yourself out. o_O
Wow. I thought you were smarter than that?? For the second time, I didn't attribute everything I said in my original post to you, it was more a commentary along the line of your thinking which is exactly what I said. In my second post I just repeated what you said and gave an argument against it. I haven't made up your position. Your words did. If your words dont accurately describe your position then maybe that's not my fault?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred