• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Preliminary Final: Scum vs Queensland

bjw

bjw
I want to see the game go to penalties.. 30 degree heat, heaps of injuries and yellow/red cards.

FFC Mariner

Do we have details of who is already on a yellow??

Will make the match more interesting as we cross them off one by one

adz

Staff member
** QLD **
Josh McCloughan
Matt McKay
Sasa Ognenovski
Liam Reddy
Andrew Packer
Massimo Murdocca

** SCUM **
Matt Thompson
Andrew Durante
Noel Spencer
Jin-Hyung Song

I think that's it

Omni

I don't know which one of those two are worse, but that's got to be a case of GVE selecting based on cards, will be interesting to see which of the others will start.

adz

Staff member
maybe the question should be will he be punished rather than will he go over the top ;)

Mattsy

If he receives them so should have petrovski and aloisi should too, while we're at it alot of the strikers should, we all know they all do it. Some more then others, (joel would be fighting aloisi for the top without doubt) (that's a counter-stupid-comment to yours)

I hate stupid comments like that omni, it's not at all realistic. Most strikers DO dive. It's just unfortunatly how they've learnt from other strikers. Not justifying it, nor saying its right.

Omni

Forum protocol is that this: ;) means joking. I understand it's hard to pick that up joking in text, hence the ;) but you didn't know that.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

You cannot possibly put Griffiths in the same category as Petrovski and Aloisi.

To be honest, I can't remember either of them diving.  Heff's taken one dive, and that's about all the diving I remember from us this season - compare it to people like Archie Thompson and Joel Griffiths who are renowned divers.

2 yellows for diving is realistic, and it's happened before in the HAL, even though one of them was an incorrect decision.

You can't possibly claim that ALL strikers dive - some do actually play with integrity.  Actually, I tend to think that we don't have a huge diving problem in Australia (though it is growing)

Omni

That's right it happened to Griffiths didn't it, or was it Baird (maybe Baird's was dissent and diving).

Aloisi did do one dive in the first leg, but I think it was more wishful thinking than diving.

kepo

Omni said:
james_sfc said:
Omni said:
Breeze isn't refereeing this one, so no script written.
sheild is,
pfffttt

No he's not, there's a website called www.a-league.com.au, I think you will find that this website provides you this sort of information when it says "Newcastle Jets v Queensland Roar
Sunday 17 February 2008
Kick-Off 6:00pm AEDT (8:00pm NZDT, 5:30pm ACDT, 5:00pm AEST, 4:00pm AWDT)
EnergyAustralia Stadium, Newcastle
Referee: Peter Green" So maybe before you say things you might want to actually check that it's true! (Both Shield and Breeze are at a FIFA course for prospective 2010 World Cup Referees)

Besides, when you have ZERO shots on goal you don't deserve to win, if it wasn't for Sydney FC having a number of favourable decisions throughout the season they wouldn't have even made the minor semi, so shut up. The red card may have been a tad harsh but that WAS a penalty he did push him. You're just used to Breeze.
i didn't say sheild was ref,
I know it wasn't sheilds fault that sent us out the minor, it was shit tactics and defence,
all we were doing was the long ball and hope that brosque gets to it. No attacking sence wat so ever. We f**ked up.
There was a hand ball in the 9th min that he didn't see for some reason.
Popo did push him, and it was a penalty,
as for the red card, well yes and no...

I just hope the Referee Peter Green doesn't make or brake it for a team over a bad decison....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred