• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Preliminary Final: Scum vs Queensland

skilbeck

Queensland is obviously my choice for this game in terms of personal preference, though I see both sides as equally challenging in the GF.

I have a strong feeling that last sunday, we dealt a fatal blow to the scum though there is probably some fight left in them.

Deej

QLD have never lost at EAS, have enjoyed a big 5-0 win there too......this match will be very interesting.

Can Newcastle pick themselves up after a heart breaking loss? QLD will be on a high after their 2-0 win........it's a tough call but Newcastle have probably had the better of QLD in the HAL this year....JUST.

All 3 remaining teams can beat anyone on their day.

1-1 after 90 mins......will go to pens

serious14

Newcastle - shattered mentally and drained physically.

QLD - on a high, and playing some beautiful football.

Scum to be annihilated by some hilarious and/or heartbreaking score that they never recover from and subsequently come 8th next season.  The thought of them in Asia is just...... yech.

marinersman

I want scum again so we can beat them once more.

Nothing would be sweeter than knocking them off in the GF and will only add to the already fierce rivalry for years to come.

There's nobody else I'd rather beat in a GF than them.

Just think of the bragging rights people.

Atomic

Beating Newcastle in the GF will be great but it has the downside of allowing the scum to play in Asia next year  :vomit:

HOWEVER, imagine how sweet it will be to knock them out of the Champions League on our way to winning the trophy  :vhappy:

P

Pete

marinersman said:

Nothing would be sweeter than knocking them off in the GF and will only add to the already fierce rivalry for years to come.

I think it would be better if Qld knocked them off and Newcastle didn't get the opportunity to go to Asia the same year as us. Whoever plays us in the GF will be the other ACL competitor from the HAL clubs with us.

I also think Newcastle won't be able to rise up after 120 minutes of mind sapping football, and a couple of their players will be nursing injuries.

marinermick

kevrenor said:
They get Peter Green as referee!

That leaves us with Shield or, shudder, Breeze ...

good reward for green who has had an excellent season

GF will be shield for sure

northernspirit

yeah itll be Shield he is widely regarded as the no.1 even though i agree with Mick, Peter Green has been good and i lik ehow he lets the game flow

cruiser

marinersman said:

I'm totally with you on that one. It might even give us an opportunity to beat them in the Asian Cup - how good would that be. I love the way this derby rivalry is developing and a GF between us will only add more fuel to it.

password

cruiser said:
marinersman said:

I'm totally with you on that one. It might even give us an opportunity to beat them in the Asian Cup - how good would that be. I love the way this derby rivalry is developing and a GF between us will only add more fuel to it.

ahh asian cup, no club side plays in that one mate

its called the Asian Champions league

midfielder

Well who do we want to flog next week.

I like to play the Scum and flog em, greater public humiliation for them to get whipped before a final-sized tv audience

Also I want the weekend match to have numerous players from booth sides sent off, from Scum:- Joel the prick, James Holland the man of loyalty, from the Roar Kruse. and Zullo.

The Roar would be the harder match, as they are faster and are more structured in attack.

Its ours I feel it in my bones, no matter who.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

As satisfying as it would be to see send-offs, I'd rather play a full strength side.

Still, as somebody else said (sorry for stealing your quote!), I can't wait to see Holland become Tiatto's prison bitch :D

I look forward to Song hacking Seo to bits, and Seo taking a dive every time Song comes near him :D

I do hope that Reddy absolute belts Griffiths so he knows what it's like to actually get foulled.  It'd be a new experience for him, no doubt.

Another stomp perhaps?

fedelta

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I do hope that Reddy absolute belts Griffiths so he knows what it's like to actually get foulled.  It'd be a new experience for him, no doubt.

I'd rather see Ognenovski absolutely belt Griffiths =]

I reckon Queensland will win on penalties. But I would rather play the scum in the final. Oh well.

skilbeck

Well Tiatto getting sent off is close to a given as is Og due to the fact he is on a yellow. I also want Reddy sent off so we can pay McMaster out about his haircut :)

midfielder

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
I can't wait to see Holland become Tiatto's prison bitch :D
:D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kepo

its a close one.
I would be sour if roar got into the grand final.

I reckon CCM vs Jets F3 Derby Final would be good for u mariners.

Extra time probally....

Good luck ccm

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred