• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Preliminary Final: Scum vs Queensland

gull

I think the Scum were absolutely broken after the game last week. Gunna be hard for them to come back.

Don't like to say it but I think it will be Qld we play and we've had a lot of trouble with them this year. Having said that we are a totally different team now. If we play with half as much commitment in the GF as we did in the Major we'll be fine.

Omni

I think we've got more chance of beating Scumcastle, but I'll be cheering on Queensland!

marconigirl

Speaking to a friend who is a Sydney fan tonight, he has pretty much said he would prefer Queensland to win... He doesn't want to watch a Newcaslte/Mariner game, would prefer Queensland/mariner... and will wait untill Monday to buy tickets...

kepo

password said:
cruiser said:
marinersman said:
I want scum again so we can beat them once more.

Nothing would be sweeter than knocking them off in the GF and will only add to the already fierce rivalry for years to come.

There's nobody else I'd rather beat in a GF than them.

Just think of the bragging rights people.

I'm totally with you on that one. It might even give us an opportunity to beat them in the Asian Cup - how good would that be. I love the way this derby rivalry is developing and a GF between us will only add more fuel to it.

ahh asian cup, no club side plays in that one mate

its called the Asian Champions league
For champions
:vhappy:

kepo

marconigirl said:
Speaking to a friend who is a Sydney fan tonight, he has pretty much said he would prefer Queensland to win... He doesn't want to watch a Newcaslte/Mariner game, would prefer Queensland/mariner... and will wait untill Monday to buy tickets...
why would he want queensland to win if they knocked us out.
A F3 derby Grand Final is as sweet as a Tards vs Sydney Grand Final.
I would want newy instead of queensland if i was a mariner, simply because it would mean a hell lot more to defeat your biggest rivals in the comp, on the biggest game of the season.

This finals series has been amazing.... except for our performance and some of the refs
(Sheild the Slope Head :fireup: :redcard:)

FFC Mariner

Want Qld because

1) No horrible Bogans on the trains

2) No horrible 14yo Bogans in the pubs

3) It means that they f**k it up AGAIN

greenpoint

Just in case any of you are going to the match, please note that there are no trains whatsoever between Central and Newcastle this weekend!

http://www.cityrail.info/event/080217-soccer.jsp

You'll be riding the buses, unfortunately.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think Qld will win.  2-0.  Scum going goalless again would be hilarioud :D

I will point out though - what would it do to the crowd if Qld won?  NJ would bring  a lot more than Qld would. 

kepo

greenpoint said:
Just in case any of you are going to the match, please note that there are no trains whatsoever between Central and Newcastle this weekend!

http://www.cityrail.info/event/080217-soccer.jsp

You'll be riding the buses, unfortunately.
cityrail is great arn't they ffs...
random cancelations of trains, track work.

Omni

Would they really, they only made an effort travelling to Gosford this year, I suppose it's the Grandfinal though, but Sydney is a fair bit further and it IS a school night.

I'm sure Queensland would sell their three bays anyway.

jockey

Geez People!! Can't you figure this one out?? The Marinators have had a CCM v Qld GF posted on the home page all week - if that hasn't fired our mates up north nothing will.

A CCM v Qld will draw 30,000 (20K of us and some walk ups).

A CCM v NEWY will draw at least 40,000 (20,000 + 20000), the other 4000 (corporates that wont turn up) will mean the OFFICIAL attendance will be around 42,567.

FFA knows this and the script I suspect is written (sorry to be so s..).

Anyone want to enter the comp for the closest guess to the OFFICIAL ground attendance?

I'm sure the Marinators management will get on board with this and find a suitable prise

uncleyellow

"Holland Being Tiato's prison bitch"...

The visual impression that left in my head is hilarious!!!.....

James cryng, gingerly picking up the soap...

DAnny grinning like a crazy man!!

HA!

Mini In Bay 6

I hear all the arguments and I know and F3 derby grand final would be great, but I'm sorry I cannot support Newcastle in any shape or form. It's just....wrong.

S

striker

Greenpoleffc said:
Just want to see that nasty little shit Griffiths in tears (injury or red, dont care which)

the little c**t will be KO by Ogernovski(?) about 2 minutes into the match...

otherwise Roar will win 2:0

uncleyellow....no offence - you are a sick puppy...

Omni

james_sfc said:
Omni said:
Breeze isn't refereeing this one, so no script written.
sheild is,
pfffttt

No he's not, there's a website called www.a-league.com.au, I think you will find that this website provides you this sort of information when it says "Newcastle Jets v Queensland Roar
Sunday 17 February 2008
Kick-Off 6:00pm AEDT (8:00pm NZDT, 5:30pm ACDT, 5:00pm AEST, 4:00pm AWDT)
EnergyAustralia Stadium, Newcastle
Referee: Peter Green" So maybe before you say things you might want to actually check that it's true! (Both Shield and Breeze are at a FIFA course for prospective 2010 World Cup Referees)

Besides, when you have ZERO shots on goal you don't deserve to win, if it wasn't for Sydney FC having a number of favourable decisions throughout the season they wouldn't have even made the minor semi, so shut up. The red card may have been a tad harsh but that WAS a penalty he did push him. You're just used to Breeze.

marconigirl

james_sfc said:
why would he want queensland to win if they knocked us out.
A F3 derby Grand Final is as sweet as a Tards vs Sydney Grand Final.
I would want newy instead of queensland if i was a mariner, simply because it would mean a hell lot more to defeat your biggest rivals in the comp, on the biggest game of the season.
I think it was just that he has seen jets play and would prefer to see Queensland win (loose to us...) !??! I am not completley sure why he wants Queensland to win, but hey...

I on the other hand would prefer Queensland as we have been saying to Jets that they arn't going to ASIA, lets make that true.. If they get into the GF they will be going to ASIA!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred