• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pre-Season games 2017/18

Wombat

Went past Pluim tonight at 7.15pm and the car said 18c. WTF.

Cancel the Uggies and Beanie and bring the deck chairs.

Also i told my missis i was going as we drove past....."Yeah yeah 7pm until 9pm, everyone is talking about it and everyone is going". I dont have Facebook but apparently everyone in the Lisarow area is all over it!!

Tevor

The parking is my concern, I would be coming from Sydney. It's bad enough on the fan day. Wombat just scared me even more saying it's going to be busy.

Pokes

There will be limited parking tonight (more parking is available than the last match) inside the grounds, and street parking is available as well. Its a short walk from Lisarow Train Station also for anyone considering jumping on the train.

Luca Brasi

The Scum streamed their trial via Facebook Live last night. Hopefully CCM can do the same as this feature is used amazingly well in the NPL.
See article below, A League participation agreement precludes live streaming.
Also interesting is that Daniel Alessi appears on his way out from scum. He played under Okon in the young socceroos and comes from Ku-Ring-Gai, possibly why Adelson was not re-signed? Like Adelson is returning from ACL, can play right or central defender.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4795896/friendly-livestream-cancelled/

Big Al

See article below, A League participation agreement precludes live streaming.
Also interesting is that Daniel Alessi appears on his way out from scum. He played under Okon in the young socceroos and comes from Ku-Ring-Gai, possibly why Adelson was not re-signed? Like Adelson is returning from ACL, can play right or central defender.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4795896/friendly-livestream-cancelled/
Also reading Adelson is an injury away from joining Scum. So if scum release Alessi it could be more to get Adelson. Personally would have liked him back but we can't take the risk. Goodluck to him and hoping he never has to wear a scum shirt

Surely we've reached our scum limit as well. Taking 2 already gives me the shivers

Big Al

Marques has academy next to him. Must have signed to take Pearce Job. He has been playing for the NPL2 team last couple of weeks

Wombat

Some positive aspects about tonights hit out.

1stThird.

The most exciting was the quality of Baro and Rowles. These guys are real good players. We haven't had intelligent defenders like this since Dutchy.

The Goal was quality Football.
Hoole is a livewire and Rosebud played well and looked confident. Also Hoole takes excellent corners so that was lovely to see.

DeSilva is lively and has alot of potential but is underdone atm.

2nd Third

We went backwards. Pain had some good moments but Meh overall. McGing did Ok but still prone to brain farts.
Bingham was wasteful again.
Hokoah's keeper was outstanding.

3rd Third

This was for the Youth players and one trialist Stojanovski. The trailist would not be signed on that performance. Having said that Appiah and Berry would have a line through their names if they were trialists.

Marques looks good but didnt have much to do.
Wales was excellent and looks a much better player than Berry who was poor tonight.
Kekeris was very good and maybe shaded Pain on tonights showing.

All the others others were average and Stewart and the little bloke in the middle were less than average.

We desperately need a striker as Bingham is not clinical at all and Stewart is a big unit but many levels below Bingham.

At times the Football was very good. Both Hokoah's keepers were excellent and the 1st keeper who came off after 5 min of 3rd game was clapped off by the Mariners fans.

Yoda

3rd Third

Marques looks good but didnt have much to do.

All the others others were average and Stewart and the little bloke in the middle were less than average.

Pretty sure Pearce played the whole game?

Not sure who the other "little bloke" in the middle was. Berry & Wales were the only two smaller guys in midfield during the final period.

Agree with the rest of the summary though. Definitely need a starting striker ASAP.

Wombat

The blokes near me called him Jimmy. Never seen him before.
Pearce played first 2 thirds. Marques is a fair bit smaller....unless the Beer and Bourbon affected my vision (possible)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred