• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pre-season 2013

Capt. Awesome

Gratis

harsh, we got robbed. result was irrelevant but robbed of $75k. great to see Flores is coming through before the season even starts, this really is the most exciting squad we've had leading into a new season. can't wait!

eenfish

harsh, we got robbed. result was irrelevant but robbed of $75k. great to see Flores is coming through before the season even starts, this really is the most exciting squad we've had leading into a new season. can't wait!

Totally agree. The attack is just so explosive with Nick Fitz and Matty Simon looking to be on song and Dukey gonna Duke. Too damn excited.

Roy Law

Robbed or not the tournament was ideal preparation - I wonder what Jets got out of a kick about in Tamworth - and last night's game an insight into how difficult it can be when you play away in Asia - a little reminder that we are in the ACL.
I thought we were too loose and coughed up possession too often - the pitch was crap too - but as we don't want to be 100% until 12th October it seems to me we are tracking well. Tom Slater looks confident but the real plus is the improving form of Flores. It all looks good to me.

neverwozza

I look at the hitout that Flores and the rest of the team got last night and compare that to what Aloisi is doing with his team in the build up to the season proper. He chucked one bloke straight off the plane into a trial and he ended up with a broken leg. Now Kewell and Mifsud are being limited to intra club games before season kick off. The $1.88 for MV looks pretty good in the first round.

eenfish

I look at the hitout that Flores and the rest of the team got last night and compare that to what Aloisi is doing with his team in the build up to the season proper. He chucked one bloke straight off the plane into a trial and he ended up with a broken leg. Now Kewell and Mifsud are being limited to intra club games before season kick off. The $1.88 for MV looks pretty good in the first round.

I love Aloisi as a player, but as a coach I just don't think he is knows what he is doing. But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.

neverwozza

I love Aloisi as a player, but as a coach I just don't think he is knows what he is doing. But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Yep me too. I thought he put plenty of bums on seats up here as a player but he is clueless as a manager. He is way too inexperienced - just a crazy appoinment really.

eenfish

Yep me too. I thought he put plenty of bums on seats up here as a player but he is clueless as a manager. He is way too inexperienced - just a crazy appoinment really.

One season as youth coach, then straight into the top job. Quite rushed indeed. Seems to me like Heart had a five year or ten year plan on what they wanted to do with the club with Aloisi, then rushed it into three season, one as player, one as yoof coach, then straight to head coach.

That said, Pep Guardiola only had one year in charge at Barça B before getting the top job and promptly winning everything ever, so y'know...

yellowcake

harsh, we got robbed. result was irrelevant but robbed of $75k
Little matter but we only got robbed $50k - I stayed on for the presentation (after an extensive run of 70's style product ads with flawless alabaster-skinned eurasian looking models).
Mossy got up, got a medal and collected what I assume to be the runners-up cup and a big novelty cheque for RP 250,000,000. I calculate RP 10,000 = USD 1.
None of the players fronted. I think Mossy put the players runners-up medals into the cup to take back to the dressing room...

Last edited:

eenfish

Little matter but we only got robbed $50k - I stayed on for the presentation (after an extensive run of 70's style product ads with flawless alabaster-skinned eurasian looking models).
Mossy got up, got a medal and collected what I assume to be the runners-up cup and a big novelty cheque for RP 250,000,000. I calculate RP 10,000 = USD 1.
None of the players fronted. I think Mossy put the players runners-up medals into the cup to take back to the dressing room :piralaugh:

Hopefully they'll hand our the medals to the first people at the Mariners members day next weekend. Don't imagine the players will want them too much.

Reactions: adz

dibo

None of the players fronted. I think Mossy put the players runners-up medals into the cup to take back to the dressing room :piralaugh:

I don't care what we think of the ref, that's poor form. It's just bad manners. No need to stoop, no matter if you think the ref was on the take. The host clubs, the fans; they don't deserve to be disrespected like that.

Looks like Moss might be in a bit of trouble with the FFA after his outburst

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/ffa-turns-spotlight-on-moss-20130930-2uopn.html

So he should. You don't slag off referees publicly. You put something in quietly through appropriate channels.

I don't care how much people think the ref was bent, between those two things we just look like sore losers.

Big Al

Very disrespectful.

If we won I am sure we'd be up there dancing with the big fat cheque.

Shows we were only there for the money. Went all in and lost to the card shark who let you make the final so you were so cocky you were going to win you forgot about the appeal of money.

Gratis

I didn't have a problem with Mossy's comments, if it was just poor refereeing or bad luck I'd agree but this seemed suspiciously like corruption and unless voiced it gets ignored and forgotten.
this might not have been the right way to go about it but it needed to be made a point of

bikinigirl

I don't care what we think of the ref, that's poor form. It's just bad manners. No need to stoop, no matter if you think the ref was on the take. The host clubs, the fans; they don't deserve to be disrespected like that.

So he should. You don't slag off referees publicly. You put something in quietly through appropriate channels.

I don't care how much people think the ref was bent, between those two things we just look like sore losers.

. not fronting at a presentation is poor form and the only reasonable excuse i can think of is a risk to personal safety ... which does not seem to be the explanation here

. public complaints about officials though is not so clear cut. i was not able to watch the game personally but there are enough sources to suggest mossy's comments were an honest evaluation. okay, so perhaps he could have been a little more diplomatic ... but gagging the man in charge and taking things 'behind closed doors' will not help any existing image problems the game already has

. it seems we are not talking about a couple of 50/50 calls going against us ... or even the odd massive f**k-up. so why shouldn't a public statement be made? let's face it ... somebody would have been quoted publicly at some stage - would be worse if that came out once 'we' were comfortably back home

Lowlander

Mossies learning curve continues, he not only needs to be able to coach a team, he also needs to know how to speak diplomatically in public.

for the record, I am OK with him voicing his opinion, I am not OK with not fronting up to presentations

true believer

yes I to thought GA going home and leaving mossy in charge was exactly that. I think GA could even
smell it coming. I sure mossy won't make the same mistake again.
but I also do believe the Indonesian FA will also have a look at itself. I believe if invited, we should go again .
as were part of asia and as such assisting the indo's in ALL facets of the game is in the mariners and Australia longer term interest.

yellowcake

Very disrespectful.

Shows we were only there for the money.
I do agree. Thanks too Dibo for the initial sober reflection - accordingly I've removed the discourteous Piralaugh
Perhaps Hutch also need to have a look at himself regarding the player no-show. Mossy actually did go up.

I think our involvement was much more to do with pre-season preparation (which was apparently very successful) than the money. I'm sure the other $50k would have been handy but if it was all about the money, I'd expect we would have left the head coach and a proper bench there and found another way to handle the Jets commitment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred