• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pre-season 2013

yellowcake

Sorry if I missed that there's something already (on here, not FB) but a place to discuss line-ups, performance, results, etc - for us non-FBers...

Anybody going to Pluim tonight?

eenfish

Wait, so why is Payne not being given a go in the first squad? All he seems to do is score goals...

eenfish

He isn't going to get a game ahead of Duke, McBreen and Matty.

With Fitzy, Sterj and Kwas as back ups it would be a waste of a spot tbh

Fair enough, and I know you've said before he doesn't have the edge to really make it in the A-league. Shame, if we weren't so solid up front I'd say give him a go.

Kareem

Hmmmm...
Flores needs more time to gel...and I suspect that Ange has messed with his psyche...
Duke's touch was poor, but first game back (although he was at West Ham 2 weeks ago...)
Great to see Simon back, running, chasing etc. Love the guy!
Caceres looked good

And first look at Tom Slater.
First 10 mins...Great technique, nice dribbling
But terrible fitness!
Also his defending was suspect (could be linked to his fitness?) but I suspect Arnie can work on that (See Bernie...)
I like him!

Who was no29? He looked good...

O'dell was a good player, as well as Kalik.
Where was Neil?

Kareem

Also...very interesting change up in defence.
Did anyone else notice the right sided Sainsbury? And left sided Anderson???

Entire 2012/2013 season, whenever they played together Sainsbury was left side, and Anderson on the right. (But Sainsbury played right, when Patrick was on field).

A small change, but interesting none the less...

Gratis

Fitzy is gonna have a cracking season if last night was anything to go by. full of pace, technique, vision and effort, he impressed me the most

still a way to go in pre season by the looks but much promise there. appears will maintain current structure too

Reactions: tsd

tsd

A few thoughts and opinions...

All in all the mariners were well and truly playing a few gears lower and with much less desire, less cohesion and less pace than CCMA, but still had at least 60% possession, were just too slow in defending the counter attack.

After Pasfields early attempt at sweeping failed poorly he looked kind of rattled, getting mad at himself... He has the desire but needs to develop the presence or swagger of Ryan. A few successful games would do wonders for him

Carceres was the best on field in both halves, probably better in the first as DM than second as AM, but did really well in each roll.

Flores had some great ideas but wasnt always on the same page as his intended target but he seemed to turn into space and find a forward passing option on almost every ball

Fitzy will have a break out season I think, he looked really good

Duke was all over the park trying to chase down open space to run into, often picking up the ball wide, but his touch was a little off

Simon stayed a lot more central than duke and didn't get as much ball as a result. Had a few good chances

Monty looked out of form and gave away the ball in the middle off the park a number of times

Hutch is still a very important player for tempo and composure of the team

Slater is a talent but needs to develop physically before he can play in the a-league, even the young CCMA players out paced and muscled him

Seip looked capable, but I'd say ando and sainsbury were a better combo. Ando seemed to be doing a lot of directing

Morton looked good in his own half but didn't provide the threat we have become used... Didn't get a good grasp on storm from the other side of the park, but he seemed a little more dangerous...

Gratis

nice summary. I was on the other side, storm did well and you could tell was still learning what the coach wanted, Arnie was in regular verbal contact with him to cue him with what they'd clearly trained.
Zac was definitely the native organiser and commanding presence, he'll captain his own team one day.
felt sorry for Justin, was trying to reproduce Matty but not pulling it off, yet anyway.
academy clearly in season, mariners not.

tsd

Side note, no sight of Neil, Griffith or kwas...

Any inside info on rose? came off after 25 with a bit of a limp

Muppet

Watched the game last night. Agree with the sentiments on Fitzy and Storm. They actually seemed to have already developed a good understanding with each other.

Overall a sub par performance and you can't read or expect too much from the first game. I will say that Pasfield ain't no Maty Ryan and hope that our defensive stocks measure up otherwise it could be an interesting season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred