• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pre-season 2013

BaysideMariner

Just got home from the Tamworth game. God it was hot!!

Stand outs for me were
:- duke at striker in the second half
:- caceres in the second half
:- Hayden Morton looked composed all game.
:-Liam reddy made a good couple of saves .

Mcglinchey played on the left and duke on the right side of midfield with josh Bingham and kwasnik up front. Poor Liam O dell will have nightmares about Scott Neville and James virgilli after today as they pulled him out of position and isolated the poor bugger for most of the first half and was where the jets got most of the joy. In the second half caceres took more control and was more imposing with his good passes and stronger pressure on the jets ball players. I thought that Seip looks strong in defence but I like Brent griffiths distribution better.
I thought that caravella , Neville, virgilli, Goodwin, and zadkovich looked good for the jets.

I like the look of Jesse currans, Joshua Forbes , and verity looked up to the pressure .
Kwasnik looked tired all game and obviously needs to work on his fitness.

Forum Phoenix

I liked the look of Bingham the most today. Fair to say they were all over us first half - clearly most effectively against our raw recruits down our flanks. In possession, we looked out enthused perhaps more than strictly outclassed in the first half I thought. Duke was trying, Caceres looked good throughout 90 too, but I thought Weemac struggled to get into the first 45 and Kwas was far too absent for a senior player - when he wasn't demonstrating that he needed different studs in.

But really, Jets full strength and hot to trot after a long pre season (obviously too long in GA's and Clarkey's opinions) it all just shows how damn good Arnie's is as a coach. Such an improved second half. Tempo, work rate, defence movement, all much improved. 1 zip second 45. And with such an under strength side, great job all round.

BaysideMariner

I liked the look of Bingham the most today. Fair to say they were all over us first half - clearly most effectively against our raw recruits down our flanks. In possession, we looked out enthused perhaps more than strictly outclassed in the first half I thought. Duke was trying, Caceres looked good throughout 90 too, but I thought Weemac struggled to get into the first 45 and Kwas was far too absent for a senior player - when he wasn't demonstrating that he needed different studs in.

But really, Jets full strength and hot to trot after a long pre season (obviously too long in GA's and Clarkey's opinions) it all just shows how damn good Arnie's is as a coach. Such an improved second half. Tempo, work rate, defence movement, all much improved. 1 zip second 45. And with such an under strength side, great job all round.

Very true the second half was enjoyable to watch. How tall is Joshua Forbes ????? And yeas the little dog was funny:piralaugh:

true believer

pasfield did well
flores needs a minder in there when shite happens . he needs to be dragged away .monty probably
80's style Asian refereeing. just disgraceful .they probably should of been playing with ten men and 5 yellow
cards .we have 2 . this is not acceptable in 2013

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Not an unexpected display of corruption I guess. Even knowing it will likely be biased, and that it's just a pre season game, makes it so much harder to enjoy. Which is a shame.
I was enjoying some of the actual football. Good trip away all in all I think.

Forum Phoenix

pasfield did well
flores needs a minder in there when shite happens . he needs to be dragged away .monty probably
80's style Asian refereeing. just disgraceful .they probably should of been playing with ten men and 5 yellow
cards .we have 2 . this is not expectable in 2013

Definitely expected? Did you mean not acceptable? That I would wholeheartedly agree with.

Capt. Awesome

How hard is it to get an international ref for a final??? Seriously.

Guess in the end it was just practice but DAYUM frustrating.

bobandbill

Pity about the reffing. Clearly biased, and not much one can do about that. But how likely would we, or another A-league club, want to go back next year if that's going on? Maybe they are shooting themselves in the foot in the long run...

Oh well. I like Pasfield's attempts to unsettle the striker for the pens, at least. Even with the refs helping out though I don't think it was a good look for Hutch in CB. Two penalties and almost scoring an own goal is pretty poor! I hope that's just an experiment, seeing Anderson never came on I think. Somehow though I fear he might be a weak link given what I saw in this match, so hopefully he improves.

On the plus side, some of our players looked decent. Monty in particular was solid and had some nice passes; plus that long range shot at the end! Flores looks very promising, hopefully he'll stay injury free throughout our season. The best present Ange could give us. ;p Their defence shut down a lot of our wingplay sadly, and Storm was skinned a number of times in defence by their winger. Pasfield was good, and otherwise our defence mostly covered well. Our build up play needs more work from the defence/midfield I feel, even if we only played with 11. Slater is alright but maybe not quite made for the starting squad yet.

Overall, to only go down by one when both of their goals were questionable and we had Clark on the bench and all is not a bad effort. Pity for Mossy - he got VERY fired up there!

rbakersmith

Mossy definitely wasn't holding anything back:

“It is clear that only one side was meant to win tonight’s Final – and it most certainly wasn’t us,” Moss said. “We have had a great time in Indonesia – the tournament has been well organised and the Indonesian people have been very friendly – but unfortunately the nature of the referee’s performance tonight leaves us with a sour taste in our mouths.”

“Many of the Arema players and staff felt compelled to apologise to our boys after the game, so that should give people some indication of what’s gone on tonight.”

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au...ws-display/Mariners-robbed-in-Indonesia/76077

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred