• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Players Season 2012/2013 HAL8

dibo

good luck to any club who wants him. Has a long way to go in his developement and a heart transplant should be the first stage of this developement

He's a lot further along than Matty at the same age. If I were him I'd ignore the dollar signs to work with Arnie for a while longer.

scottmac

Suspended
Spot on Dibo, he needs to stay for his own good. He should look at Amini and plan on a big move later on. Seriously, what other club could he walk in to and start? I'd wager none. Give it 4 weeks without Matty and see if he is as popular

As for Pedj, if he leaves he will do a Heffernan and Heff was a better player than Pedj. IMO He does not deserve an improved offer as yet. His start to the year was shocking and he still gives the ball away way to often. Ok his fitness helps him get back but if he didnt loose the ball so much then he wouldn't need to be racing back so often. His is a spot I wouldn't begrudge loosing to bring in youth.

shipwreck

Spot on Dibo, he needs to stay for his own good. He should look at Amini and plan on a big move later on. Seriously, what other club could he walk in to and start? I'd wager none. Give it 4 weeks without Matty and see if he is as popular

As for Pedj, if he leaves he will do a Heffernan and Heff was a better player than Pedj. IMO He does not deserve an improved offer as yet. His start to the year was shocking and he still gives the ball away way to often. Ok his fitness helps him get back but if he didnt loose the ball so much then he wouldn't need to be racing back so often. His is a spot I wouldn't begrudge loosing to bring in youth.

Well said, agree 100% with all points.

I was particularly impressed with Sainsbury, more composed on the ball than Pedj (however after watching Porter anyone would look like Messi when they replaced him) and would happily stay a bit longer, club has probably factored this into the offer hence why he isnt happy.

Hunch tells me he will stay and take it on the chin, Arnie is too good to work under...keeping him on the other hand??

Roy Law

We operate under a salary cap so players hoping for more money can be disappointed; players such as Ibini, Ryan, Sainsbury starting on low money just to get a first team gig are going to want more money over time so sometimes the money isn't there for a more experienced player. losing Amini won't put lots of money back into the pot, losing Simon will, but we may need to get a replacement. Porter won't be on massive money either so the pressure to pay more may mean that a veteran like McBreen may well be having his last season with us (and Kwas too?). I like Pedj but quality isn't his middle name and if we have to he will be replaced but I would miss those bombing runs!

Forum Phoenix

HATE to lose Pedj. Only Franjic is on par in the league imo. Tough thing contracts. Toughest with a table topping side.
I sincerely hope they offer him two years and he stays.

dibo

Let me put it this way - I know we won't keep all of our players, but there'll be none that I'll be happy to see the back of.

I only hope that we can send them off in the style they deserve, with the biggest party Gosford has ever seen to celebrate a Premiership season sealed with a Championship at home.

dibo

...and any players leaving will be wished all the best next year.

Unless, of course, they go to the scum.

bikinigirl

Let me put it this way - I know we won't keep all of our players, but there'll be none that I'll be happy to see the back of.

I only hope that we can send them off in the style they deserve, with the biggest party Gosford has ever seen to celebrate a Premiership season sealed with a Championship at home.

. typically, when do the contracts end?

. i am assuming around the end of the acl first round?

Deej

Agree that finding a good left back hard, we have a very good 1 so happy to have secured Rose. Pedj will certainly want more money, can't blame him, but do you spend (and I'm speculating here) $120k-$160k on a RB when we could probably secure Sainbury for less? Or do we look for a more experienced RB who under good management could come cheaper and still blossom? If Pedj has priced himself out of a Mariners deal not much we can do, it's more important we have depth rather than a fantastic starting 11. That said I'd love to keep the same back 4 next year, they're reasonably organised and know how each other plays.

We'll also need to spend some decent money on a good striker and attacking mid with Simo and Musti gone or going, having heard rumours or McBreens wage I think his days could be numbered unless he accepts a 1 year deal for a vastly reduced wage.

Duke will surely be a foot in for a contract if he keeps scoring in youth league, will be a much cheaper option than Bernie next year, quite a lot of interest in Bernie and I don't think we'd be able to match what some other clubs are offering, nor should we IMO.

I believe we've started negotiations with Griffiths too, no idea what's going on there though?

dibo

All rumour and conjecture, but Pedj would be able to walk into a DM spot at Sydney ahead of McFlynn surely, or even just Coyne's RB spot.

Also rumoured, Meggsy to return to us and Ibini to go to them. Only makes sense for us if Wilko goes OS and Duke signs up.

scottmac

Suspended
All rumour and conjecture, but Pedj would be able to walk into a DM spot at Sydney ahead of McFlynn surely, or even just Coyne's RB spot.

Also rumoured, Meggsy to return to us and Ibini to go to them. Only makes sense for us if Wilko goes OS and Duke signs up.

Next yr this would be only just bearable depending on other movements and new signings. This month it would be the death of our year and would ensure we are once again the laughing stock of the league come ACL

scottmac

Suspended
Won't happen before next year if it happened

Good. cause as it is now we will struggle against the group we've been drawn in without the signing of an experienced/quality striker let alone loosing two of our lynch pins

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred