• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Players Season 2012/2013 HAL8

dibo

Bernie only signed a 1 year deal didn't he? Sure he's off contract too
If that's the case, we're not going to keep everyone next year, so we lose what we lose. *shrugs*

If I were Bernie, I'd think twice before leaving. As a good mate said to need this morning, does he want to be the next Simon or Rojas?

Muppet

It's being reported over twitter that Josh Rose has signed with us for another three years. If so fantastic news. Now let's keep Arnie.

Wombat

Agreed.

He was been nothing but quality since he started with us.

To be honest it would be a smart move for him to sign up for another 3 years.

He lives in a fantastic location in possibly the coasts best suburb and i believe the family is very happy here.
He Coaches the Number one side in Australia.
His stocks are rising each season.
Has the chance to be the first Aussie Coach to lead a domestic side to Asian cup glory.
His reputation has been fully restored and infact polished to an all time high.
He is loved on the coast and has helped us become the best supported club (per capita) in the country
He no longer has Mrdja in his squad.

Its all good.

midfielder

From TWG ... http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1089625/Bojic-considers-Mariners-exit

Bojic maybe off to the MLS ... maybe staying maybe gong to another A-League club...he wants more than a one year deal.

Bojic considers Mariners exit

17 January 2012-SBS EXCLUSIVE

MLS calling? ... Pedj Bojic considers a move away from Central Coast Mariners (Getty)
The A-League’s form fullback Pedj Bojic could be lost to Major League Soccer at season’s end after expressing his disappointment at only being offered a one-year contract extension by Central Coast Mariners.

The scorer of two goals this season, and the provider of four assists for a Mariners outfit six points clear at the summit, Bojic is also on the radar of Perth Glory and has been one of the season’s major success stories.

But on the day that Mariners left-back Joshua Rose was lavished with a new three-year deal by the cash-strapped club, Bojic, 27, has been left pondering a future elsewhere with his Sydney-based agent Buddy Farah assessing all his options, including the United States where he has several key contacts.

“I would have expected that having been at the club since 2008 I would have been offered more than a year,” the former Northampton Town man told The World Game.

“The MLS definitely interests me ... the league is a similar standard to ours and there are some excellent players there.

“We’ll see what the best offer is out here – and what’s best for my future.

“While the Mariners is my first option, I would like to sort out my future as quickly as possible.

“There’s been a bit of interest out there but first and foremost I’d like to stay with the Mariners and keep working under Graham Arnold because he’s been responsible for improving my game out of sight, especially my crossing and tactical awareness.”

Bojic, who admits continuing financial uncertainty at the club could be complicating the issue, added: “Arnie has brought great success to the club and a winning mentality ... I enjoy being a part of that.

“For me, right now, he’s the best coach in the A-League, especially when you consider he’s working on a very tight budget.

“He’s turned the club around, taken it to another level and people are starting to recognise that now. We are the dominant force in the league thanks to him.

“When he first came to the club people questioned his coaching ability and some were eager for him to fail ... but he’s proved them all wrong.

“I am sure, just like some of our players, other clubs will also look at him and what he’s achieved and be interested in taking him.

“That’s what happens when you bring success, everybody suddenly wants your players and the same goes for the coaching staff.”

Bojic is confident Central Coast will extend its lead at the top by taking it to a Melbourne Heart side missing Fred at AAMI Park on Wednesday, with the home team on the slide on the back of the absence of its Brazilian captain and talisman.

“We know there’s a big job ahead to finish top but looking at this one game in isolation we’ll back ourselves to get a result against the Heart. We always said from the start we wanted to go one better than last season when we lost to Brisbane in the grand final - and we feel we’re on course to accomplish that.”

Bojic nominates defending champion Brisbane, with Thomas Broich back from injury, and Melbourne Victory, with marquee star Harry Kewell rolling back the years, as Mariners’ main rivals for silverware.

“Victory are a scary force and in Harry and Archie Thompson have a great forward line. And Brisbane are now getting back to their best. So they are two I fear most,” he added.

One of the fittest players in the league, Bojic still finds time to run his personal training operation, Pedj Bojic Impact Training out of Sydney and the Central Coast.

But he insists that is not behind his astonishing durability and relentless runs down the right flank, adding: “I’ve actually had to scale back a little bit but I’m still involved.”

garlo

Would love to see pedj get a longer contract..but locking up rose for three years with our current financial situation and his form is Great IMO

pjennings

While I don't know the circumstances my read would be.

Rose, at his age, with a young family happy on the coast, was probably reasonably happy to re-sign a similar contract.

Pedj, on the other hand, is probably after an improved contract after a career best season so far. While the club may be happy to do that for a year it doesn't mean that cap wise it will be able to do that in years to come when some of the youngsters need upgraded contracts. It must be remembered that Pedj has another business. If he goes anywhere I suspect it will be Sydney where he has a lot of clients.

Jesus

Jesus
Good to see rose staying, he was my biggest concearn with his form.
Zwan i hope stays too, and pedj.

Bernie as well. If Newy are after bernie he must be off contract

bikinigirl

While I don't know the circumstances my read would be.

Rose, at his age, with a young family happy on the coast, was probably reasonably happy to re-sign a similar contract.

Pedj, on the other hand, is probably after an improved contract after a career best season so far. While the club may be happy to do that for a year it doesn't mean that cap wise it will be able to do that in years to come when some of the youngsters need upgraded contracts. It must be remembered that Pedj has another business. If he goes anywhere I suspect it will be Sydney where he has a lot of clients.

. absolutely and that is why contract negotiations are so tricky, very simply there are three things to consider:

.. continued success for both parties
.. the player getting as much as they can
.. the club paying as little as possible

. but as you said it all needs to fit into a broader, long term plan which provides some flexibility

. the club is also aware of pedj's business and has no doubt factored that into their thinking, what they offer and how they present their case (ie. will he abandon that for a little extra elsewhere ... or re-establish his business elsewhere)

dibo

Cap pressure is important. We will lose players across this coming off-season, because with a good season and improved deals we'll wind up in a situation where we simply can't pay everyone what they're worth.

This is why it's important to have a good a good youth setup with kids to draw on. Appiah, Rogic, Duke, Matic... there are a few kids who are useful players and they'll wind up flowing through.

Guys like McDonald and Musialik can push through too.

elevated position

good luck to any club who wants him. Has a long way to go in his developement and a heart transplant should be the first stage of this developement

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred