• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Players Season 2012/2013 HAL8

dibo

To look ahead to next year, I thought it'd be a good idea to get a clear reference on this site for our players' contract status.

Initial information shamelessly stolen from Harsulas at SFCU in the HAL Player Contracts - Season 12/13 and beyond thread.

That thread should be your first reference if you're unsure about other clubs' players' status (because it's more up to date than anything else going around).

Quotas per team:
Up to 2 marquees, at least one of whom must be Australian. Maximum of 4 foreigners (incl. Marquee). At least 3 players who are below the age of 22 at Dec 30, 2012.

Media or club confirmation of signings and contract details are required to change the list. IT IS NOT FOR RUMORS. Please add a link to your update if it isn’t something blindingly obvious/widely known.

Off contract players:
Daniel McBreen, Joshua Rose, Pedj Bojic, Brad Porter, Patrick Zwaanswijk (Fgn), Rostyn Griffiths, Brad McDonald, Stuart Musialik, Sam Gallagher (u21), Trent Sainsbury (u21), Tom Rogic (u21).

The following 10 players are signed
- 2 u21
- 1 Foreign
- 0 Marquee

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2012/13:
#1) Matthew Ryan (gk)(u21)
#7) John Hutchinson
#10) Adriano Pellegrino
#11) Oliver Bozanic
#12) Troy Hearfield
#14) Michael McGlinchey (Fgn)
#18) Alex Wilkinson (c)
#20) Justin Pasfield (gk)
#23) Adam Kwasnik

CONTRACT EXPIRES END OF SEASON 2013/14:
#9) Bernie Ibini-Isei (u21)

BaysideMariner

Great work dibo.

Out of the players coming off contract I would like to keep Joshua Rose, Pedj Bojic, Patrick Zwaanswijk (Fgn), Rostyn Griffiths, Brad McDonald, Sam Gallagher , Trent Sainsbury (u21).I don't know enough about Tom Rogic to form an opinion yet.

dibo

Also, we're going to have cap/financial issues. Unless we move someone into a marquee spot (and find some more magic beans) we're likely to have to offer upgraded deals to several players, pushing others out, or making it a little more convenient if others get transfers.

ExiledMariner

The 2 marquee rule is that called the Melbourne Victory/Sydney FC rule?

Rose and Bojic have to be priorites as well as Dutchy if he's keen to play again.

Roy Law

If the price of success is more pressure to keep talented players it means some of the older more expensive players have to move, or be moved on; it would be tough on McBreen who is doing a great job as an experienced war horse but I see this as his last season as he is on decent money. It will be interesting to see if any Asian offers come for Hutch and Kwas - Hutch has been outstanding for us this year but a year ago we would have happily waved goodbye to him. Pedj and Patrick have both said they want to stay; players like Sainsbury, Gallagher and MacDonald have to show to GA they are worth keeping - MacDonald was rated as a gun prospect at NQF. GA also has to view the likes of Porter against up and comers from the NYL.

bikinigirl

. the marquee rules coould really hurt us ... regardless of 'marquee status' we should be able to exclude the highest two earners from the cap (of course we need the money)

. i support a salary cap but it does create many problems mostly relating to player retention ... it almost encourages clubs to put kiddies in the squad but not develop them

. it looks like we are going to have more problems than most with such a successful squad

Roy Law

If (the big IF) the cavalry arrive and we have more money to spend I am curious to know what happens to the A League salary cap with regards to the Asian Champions League? Given that the squad number is larger because of ACL regulations you would assume we can go over the A League cap so therefore could we happily pay the A league players more than the contracted amount to help retain them while we still are in the ACL? And would that be an incentive for the players to keep performing in the ACL for as long as possible, not just this year but qualification for next years competition? It would sure help to stop the siren call to players like Wilko...

bikinigirl

. interesting concept roy ... a concept completely open to rorts i would suggest

. perhaps we could ask sydney and melbourne how to handle these situations :ashamed:

Muppet

Great work dibo.

Out of the players coming off contract I would like to keep Joshua Rose, Pedj Bojic, Patrick Zwaanswijk (Fgn), Rostyn Griffiths, Brad McDonald, Sam Gallagher , Trent Sainsbury (u21).I don't know enough about Tom Rogic to form an opinion yet.

Agree. The question remains if we do not renew McBreens contract do we have enough experience in the forward line?

The thing I find interesting is that when you cast your eye over the other clubs there are a lot of players coming off contract at the end of this season. It would appear that in a lot of cases the competition has moved beyond them. As an example Sydney has 7 players off contract at the end of the season, and in my opinion are no longer up to the standard of the A League. It will be interesting to see which players step up from the lower comps or youth league.

I think that the Mariners and Heart have shown that youth can win matches. Will this mean that we will see teams turning to younger players rather than relying on older heads as is he case with Glory?

garlo

Rose saint patty and pedj for me ..pedj a certainty after the last two or so months ..Patrick hinting at a new contract on pre game show a few weeks back ...anyone of interest coming off contract at the end of the year for other clubs ?

pjennings

Again stolen from the same thread

Off Contract Players

Adelaide: Nigel Boogard, Ricardo Da Silva, Spase Dilevski, Mark Birighitti (gk), Evgeniy Levchenko (Fgn), Antony Golec

Brisbane: Matt Mundy, Andrew Redmayne (gk), Besart Berisha (Fgn), Sayed Mohamed Adnan (Fgn), Issey Nakajima-Farran (Fgn)

Gold Coast: Glen Moss (gk), Kristian Rees, Michael Twat, Robson (Fgn), Joel Porter, Tahj Minniecon, James Brown (u21), Adama Traore (Fgn), Dylan McGowan (u21), Ante Rozic, Marco Rigters (Fgn, Marquee)

Melbourne Heart: Clint Bolton (gk), Michael Marrone, Simon Colosimo (may actually end 2012/13), Rutger Worm (Fgn), Kristian Sarkies, Maycon (Fgn), Wayne Shroj, Alex Terra (Fgn), Kemal Ibrahim (u21)

Melbourne Victory: Petar Franjic (u21), Grant Brebner, Rodrigo Vargas, Diogo Ferreira, Tommy Pondeljak, Carlos Hernandez (Fgn), Matthew Foschini (u21), Adrian Leijer, Fabio Alves Macedo (Fgn), Ante Covic

Newcastle: Ben Kennedy (gk), Byun Sung-Hwan (Fgn), Ben Kantarovski (U21), Kasey Wehrman, Tarek Elrich, Labinot Haliti, Jeremy Brockie (Fgn), Ali Abbas, Matthew Nash (gk), Mario Simic, Ryan Griffiths, Francis Jeffers (Fgn), Michael Bridges (Fgn)

Perth: Josh Mitchell, Bill Mehmet (Fgn), Chris Coyne, Jacob Burns, Viktor Sikora (Fgn), Scott Neville, Steven McGarry (Fgn), Tommy Amphlett, Todd Howarth, Mile Sterjovski (marquee), Andrezinho (Fgn)

Sydney FC: Michael Beauchamp, Karol Kisel (Fgn), Bruno Cazarine (Fgn), Shannon Cole, Juho Mäkelä (Fgn), Scott Jamieson

Wellington: Mark Paston (gk), Manny Muscat, Tony Lochhead, Nick Ward, Chris Greenacre (Fgn), Daniel, Vince Lia, Tony Warner (gk, Fgn), Dani Sanchez (Fgn), Brent Griffiths, Cameron Lindsay (u21)

Roy Law

Again stolen from the same thread

Off Contract Players

Seriously, hardly a player there that would in any way improve the Mariners...

Wonder if 'I never get a game' Redmayne will want to re-new at Brisbane or perhaps Sydney will come calling?
And liked that guy at Gold Coast - Michael Twat :)

Muppet

The only two players I would be interested I are Besart Berisha and Dani Sanchez. The rest......pfft

dibo

This is part of the problem - a lack of quality off-contact players puts our off-contact players in higher demand, exacerbating cap and financial issues.

scoober

Good News! from 'The world game'

Central Coast Mariners defender Alex Wilkinson is going nowhere, according to the A-League club.

Wilkinson had been linked with a move to a Chinese Super League team but the Mariners issued a brief statement on Wednesday stating there had been no approach for the defender.

"Recent media speculation has linked Wilkinson with a move to the Chinese Super League, however the Mariners are not involved in any discussions with any club about a future transfer," the statement read.

The statement went on that the 27-year-old, the most capped Mariners player in A-League history, remains an 'integral member' of the Mariners squad.

The table-topping Mariners host local rival Newcastle Jets on Saturday in Gosford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred