• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Player movements 2013/2014

dibo

If Kim's not clear, I have a plan of action.

Morrison's a fan of the sharks - I say we flood his office in Cronulla and fill it with white pointers. We'll see how much he likes them then. He should be reasonably happy - they'll be white at least.

Who's with me?

midfielder

Morrison's a fan of the sharks - I say we flood his office in Cronulla and fill it with white pointers. We'll see how much he likes them then. He should be reasonably happy - they'll be white at least.

Who's with me?

HHHMMMMm are you referring to the things that swim in the sea... or the things that sometimes appear on hot days on beaches or sometimes in certain bars ....

eenfish

Who's with me?

You have my bow.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
i have a question...how do you import a guy, from say korea, and not have all the t's crossed and the i's dotted before he gets here...i'm not being a smartarse, whats the process involved ?

Gratis

http://foxsports.com.au/football/a-...-its-former-star/story-e6frf4gl-1226826423596

JUST days after being jeered by fans of his former
club Socceroos midfielder Tom Rogic revealed that
Central Coast Mariners never even submitted an offer
to loan him from Celtic.
Rogic returned to Central Coast Stadium last
Saturday for the first time since joining Melbourne
Victory, with the playmaker playing a key role in
downing the Mariners 3-1.
And he looms as key to Victory’s hopes of beating
Thai powerhouse Muangthong United in Saturday’s
Asian Champions League qualifier at Geelong’s
Simonds Stadium.
Rogic, 21, opted for guaranteed game-time ahead of
the 2014 World Cup after playing just 411 minutes at
Celtic since signing in January last year.
He became a crowd favourite at the Mariners who
handed him his first professional contract but Rogic
said a fairytale return was never possible.
“It’s an interesting one about the Mariners, I just
want to get it straight there was no formal offer,’’
Rogic said.
“There was interest and I spoke to Phil Moss on the
phone, he was very keen and I guess motivated to
get me back but from the club’s point of view there
was an inquiry but definitely no formal offer.
“So it was never an option for me to consider
therefore it was never a decision between Melbourne
Victory versus Central Coast.
“It felt a bit strange going back there (Gosford). The
ones that realised my situation and why I was back
here (Victory), if they’d known that there was no real
offer maybe it would’ve been different.
“But it’s part of the game, I expected it, I have no
issues with it. I didn’t go there scared or nervous or
walk away upset.
“I’m very happy with where I am now and how the
deal eventuated with Victory and things are going
well.’’
He confirmed Graham Arnold’s attempts to sign him
at Vegalta Sendai in Japan were blocked by the club
but while he was only interested in a loan deal
scuppering Sydney FC’s hopes of signing a
permanent contract.
“There was interest from Sydney but again that never
progressed to being a realistic option. At this point in
time I wasn’t interested in coming back full-time,’’ he
said.
“Victory ticked all the boxes and all the parties
concerned, me, Victory and Celtic, were happy.
“Arnie tried hard to get me there and It definitely
interested me but in the end it wasn’t feasible for
Sendai which was completely understandable and I
don’t have any issues with.’’

dibo

If we had a budget of $X, and the price was established to be >$X, if course e wouldn't have put in an offer and wasted everyone's time. It's quite different to not making an enquiry because clearly we did.

It certainly means that he never turned us down though.

bikinigirl

. that appears to put things in a different light ... although we will never really know what was discussed during the 'informal discussions' (as dibo has now eluded to)

. it would appear there is now nothing to draw him back to the mariners regardless of how his career progresses

. and i have to say i was pretty disappointed with how so many of my fellow fans directed so much anger towards tommy at the last game ... more than i remember seeing/hearing for the likes of muscat, griffiths or pedj in the past. hopefully people will lay off the kid now (the 'jeering' certainly didn't diminish his performance) ... because they certainly weren't going to be convinced it was not all tommy's choice before

. rostyn is probably thankful he is not scheduled to play at gosford this year ... as far as i know he didn't even talk to the club and his ties should have been much stronger

Big Al

Cough Cough political bullshit.

Mossy said on Fox he was trying for Rogic & the key word here is formal offer. Because there is no point putting in a formal offer when you have been told not to bother.

Just own it son MV, Celtic or my dog advised me to go to Victory. As he said it's only until the wolrd cup & we have no issue with that.

Was very interesting at the game. He was fouled & fell over nothing major & bloke near me yelled get up you princess. Harmless heckle. But as we sit near the away teams family area it certainly hit a raw nerve of a older bold fellow. I'm not sure if it is Tommy's Dad but he lost his shit & started mouthing off & actually got up & walked up the stairs towards the bar. I gave him a gob full for his efforts. He was very pissed off.

Then the rest of the game he was murmuring away & basically unhappy with any anti Tommy sentiment. He was still grumbling when Tommy walked off & wasn't paying attention to the round of applause that Tommy received as he walked off. Tommy acknowledged the crowd & clapped his appreciation although he did have trouble lifting his head to actually watch the crowd. Bit like when your dog digs a hole. He bows his head in shame but still wants your love.

Good luck Tommy but you need a right foot if you want to make it as a number 10 at the next level. I'll be cheering for you in the Green & Gold. Also don't think he will grace the A League again

dibo

Why continue to assume that Rogic 'chose' Melbourne over us, when it's clear that there was no offer?

Why would there be no offer for any reason other than the pricetag (noting of course that we have bugger all money, and Melbourne have lots)?

Celtic would have had a valuation, if we couldn't meet that it was never going to happen, whether Celtic, Rogic or his management were all desperately in love with the idea.

Are we really so desperate to heap shit on him for not returning to the Mariners?

This is a deeply irrational place sometimes.

bikinigirl

Why would there be no offer for any reason other than the pricetag (noting of course that we have bugger all money, and Melbourne have lots)?

... and reportedly we have no room in our cap ... but, apparently, melbourne do ... hmmm

yellowcake

I actually now think less of Tom having come out and made the statements, basically slagging CCM.

The club clearly explored the possibility personally with him and for whatever reason found it wasn't in their best interests. It's likely he'd know whatever that reasoning was:
He happily made a decision for himself (and his employers):
End of.

He's playing for the opposition. Generally we are not overly kind to such people. I don't think he was given that much stick ("who are ya" with a bad miss is very fair game) and he was generally applauded by the CCM crowd on his replacement.

Fondness for ex-mariners playing against us is going to vary but Tom having played in only 24 games over 2 part seasons (and getting a championship medal in absence) doesn't for me put him in the Mariner's folklore status of, say, Danny Vukovic, with 104 matches, who I'll always cheer at Bluetongue.

All the best for for future Tom Rogic with MVFC, more (with a bit of luck) Celtic, the Socceroos or elsewhere.

Last edited:

dibo

I don't get this bit:
I actually now think less of Tom having come out and made the statements, basically slagging CCM.

I really don't see anywhere that he slagged us. He'd be (justifiably) upset that he was booed, and is clarifying that he never actually turned us down because there was never an offer.

As you say in the next line:

The club clearly explored the possibility personally with him and for whatever reason found it wasn't in their best interests. It's likely he'd know whatever that reasoning was:

He happily made a decision for himself (and his employers)

He said that MVFC ticked the boxes [most likely a) were willing to deal, and; b) able to pay Celtic the asking price].

How is this so hard to get?

Jaundice

Was very interesting at the game. He was fouled & fell over nothing major & bloke near me yelled get up you princess. Harmless heckle. But as we sit near the away teams family area it certainly hit a raw nerve of a older bold fellow. I'm not sure if it is Tommy's Dad but he lost his shit & started mouthing off & actually got up & walked up the stairs towards the bar. I gave him a gob full for his efforts. He was very pissed off.

Then the rest of the game he was murmuring away & basically unhappy with any anti Tommy sentiment. He was still grumbling when Tommy walked off & wasn't paying attention to the round of applause that Tommy received as he walked off. Tommy acknowledged the crowd & clapped his appreciation although he did have trouble lifting his head to actually watch the crowd. Bit like when your dog digs a hole. He bows his head in shame but still wants your love.

I think I sit neer you Al, could be mistaken though. Bay 5? Anyway I didnt see Rogic's dad amongst that away section at the front. He used to sit with us plebeians in general admission with family when Tommy was with us. Top guy, always up for a chat at half time with the smokers. Funnily enough I remember him telling us Victory were trying to steal him back then.

Hecklings one thing but I did hear some real knob comments towards Rogic coming from well behind me that were uncalled for and made it a point to clap louder when people around me started heckling as he was coming off. But, this is sport I guess thick skin is essential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred