• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Player movements 2013/2014

greenlig

Honestly looking at that lineup though, how many of them are consistent goal scorers for us? McBreen had a wonder-season, but Sterj, Kwas, Duke, Weemac...they have been good for us, but none of them would be considered lethal goal threats.

midfielder

Hand on heart not the other thing ... this side is arguably the weakest side we have had in four years.. Add a coach in training and a assistant coach in training and a new fitness coach in training... add some injuries to key players..

My interest now is moving to what is being done to rebuild the side even if next year is a another rebuild ...

Over Hals 6/7/8 we had at the back .. Ryan/ Dutchie/ Trent/ Pedj & Rose ... with Ryan / Dutchie & Trent being able to play with the ball at their feet and create play from the back... There replacements are simply not in the same class ...

Further GA seemed to have the players moving off the ball and fitter..

Olly and Macka could play with their back to goals from anywhere on the park ... Duke / Matty S / Berine / Fitzy all like the ball played in front of them running at players ...

In a salary cap environment we can re build but player selection and excellence in coaching is what separates teams IMO ...

This places a lot of pressure on Moss ... but as a wise man said to me once ... no one ever held a gun at the head of a person accepting a senior role ... I all for giving Moss the rest of the season but I do want to see signs of improvement from him in all areas including communication .. like as someone said earlier why is he no screaming to the media to get the refs to protect Kim...

dibo

We'd get monstered in defence. Neither Flores nor Kim is ever dropped into our defensive lines, and I doubt we'd drop Huysegems in there either.

Big Al

No Thanks - Bit up & down - We got plenty of those guys. You could have bought him with an injured Flores after the first half of the year - He was a mifsud.
One rolled in & now playing better but no thanks.
NSO just one of many of those type of games.
5 of the 10 between rd 9 + rd 13 Avg 1 a game
Rest of the season 5 out 17 Avg 0.3 or just worse than 1 in 3

Wombat

No Thanks - Bit up & down - We got plenty of those guys. You could have bought him with an injured Flores after the first half of the year - He was a mifsud.
One rolled in & now playing better but no thanks.
NSO just one of many of those type of games.
5 of the 10 between rd 9 + rd 13 Avg 1 a game
Rest of the season 5 out 17 Avg 0.3 or just worse than 1 in 3

Mifsud is a complete muppet. No comparison.

dibo

Dream on.

We would play him isolated with no support as per usual OP.

We prefer a stagnant and lazy 5 man midfield.
I click on the "Show ignored content" button and this is what I see.

The same 'stagnant and lazy 5 man midfield' structure that netted 48 goals in 27 games last year?

I'll go back to ignoring you if that's what you're going to serve up.

tsd

The same 'stagnant and lazy 5 man midfield' structure that netted 48 goals in 27 games last year?

that the one, the same "stagnant and lazy 5 man midfield" that beat the J-league champions… :popcorn:

localpom

Don't think we need to sign many, if any for next year from the current crop. This of course depends on anyone deciding to leave, locking in contracts, players on loan/short contracts, money, injuries etc.

Just off the top of my head.....

GK's - Reddy has signed for 2 more years and will be our #1 unless injured. No problem with JP been back up or promoting the Youth Keeper if good enough.
Defence - Storm, Griff, Ando, Neill, Bosnar (sign him up please!), Seip, Morton, Sim (utility), Rosey.
Mids - Cernack, Fitzy, Kim, Flores, Wee Mac?, Bernie?, Hutch, Monty, Trifori,Caceres,Slater.
Attack - Matty, Dukey, Kwas.

That's not including some of the young guns that are coming through like Talik and Liam Rose.
Of course, most likely Wee Mac won't be back and there will be questions marks over whether we can afford Flores. If we lose Wee mac then its likely Bernie will stay. Another striker would do me as that is where we seem lightest, Sterj is retiring as well. Try and keep what we have for next year. Lots of talent to work on and so many players yet to reach their potential.

tsd

Don't think we need to sign many, if any for next year from the current crop. This of course depends on anyone deciding to leave, locking in contracts, players on loan/short contracts, money, injuries etc.

Just off the top of my head.....

GK's - Reddy has signed for 2 more years and will be our #1 unless injured. No problem with JP been back up or promoting the Youth Keeper if good enough.
Defence - Storm, Griff, Ando, Neill, Bosnar (sign him up please!), Seip, Morton, Sim (utility), Rosey.
Mids - Cernack, Fitzy, Kim, Flores, Wee Mac?, Bernie?, Hutch, Monty, Trifori,Caceres,Slater.
Attack - Matty, Dukey, Kwas.

That's not including some of the young guns that are coming through like Talik and Liam Rose.
Of course, most likely Wee Mac won't be back and there will be questions marks over whether we can afford Flores. If we lose Wee mac then its likely Bernie will stay. Another striker would do me as that is where we seem lightest, Sterj is retiring as well. Try and keep what we have for next year. Lots of talent to work on and so many players yet to reach their potential.
theres a thread for that!

Wombat

Keep wearing the yellow tinted glasses and keep referring to last year....because that helps when we are sitting 6th this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred