• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Player movements 2013/2014

yellowcake

How is this so hard to get?
OK. I'll have just one go at clarifying what I was less than happy about. It's my opinion only and really no biggy. I'm not anti-Tom Rogic and I consider it a privilege that I got to see him in a Mariners shirt gliding over the ground,"moving his arms more than his legs" (to quote Arnie) and produce some great moves and great goals. I was looking forward to and enjoyed seeing him play again, against Costa Rica and now against us.
I really don't see anywhere that he slagged us
This bit:
"I just
want to get it straight there was no formal offer’’
Reiterated by the journalist...
Socceroos midfielder Tom Rogic revealed that
Central Coast Mariners never even submitted an offer
I just thought was rather disingenuous when there was definitely interest and he was part of dialogue, even if it wasn't proceeded past that. He's splitting hairs. Minor, sure, but was there a need to say anything to suggest that we'd ignored him?

There was obviously venom directed at him around the ground which I didn't hear in Bay 40. Not good but my other point was we don't have to like opposition players and there's varied reactions to ex-Mariners from 'Judas' to '(still) legend'. I don't consider Tom to be in either category at this point.

dibo

No offer =/= no interest. Roger himself reported he'd had long chats with Moss, so it's pretty obvious he's not claiming we ignored him.

He's on defence against the boos rather than trying to attack us.

Big Al

I think I sit neer you Al, could be mistaken though. Bay 5? Anyway I didnt see Rogic's dad amongst that away section at the front. He used to sit with us plebeians in general admission with family when Tommy was with us. Top guy, always up for a chat at half time with the smokers. Funnily enough I remember him telling us Victory were trying to steal him back then.

Hecklings one thing but I did hear some real knob comments towards Rogic coming from well behind me that were uncalled for and made it a point to clap louder when people around me started heckling as he was coming off. But, this is sport I guess thick skin is essential.
Yep I'm Bay 5er - Was older bloke balled, think he had glasses & MV T-Shirt loosing his shit grumpy chap. Anyway Tommy's gone now & never to be seen at BT again. We hope.

MrCelery

The Mariners have finally been able to get their hands on two boom youngsters this week, with Anthony Kalik and Liam Rose completing their time with the Australian Institute of Sport.

Attacking midfielder Kalik is the league's youngest registered player and considered an enormous prospect, while Rose has impressed as a box-to-box midfielder. Both are not yet eligible for A-League duty but are already training with the senior squad.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...ctory-clash-20140306-349rg.html#ixzz2vDyD83xJ

tsd

Monty heading to the K-League on big money apparently…. according to Ray Gatt on twitter
Our old mate mariners mick started the rumor, yet to be confirmed and the timing is unknown... If it's after the season then it's a good move for everyone involved, with hutch and caceres both going to be picked in front of him he is really only needed for ACL and suspension/ injury cover. The big question now, is one of the new young midfielders ready to step up as the backup DM

eenfish

Thats an odd thing to say, TSD. Because at CB we got Griffiths and Anderson who both are just coming off their best games of the season and Eddy who is known quality but still adjusting to the Aussie game, while at DM we have… Hutch.

Even if you reckon Wilko is better than all the CBs we got (I do), 3 decent guys is still more than literally one guy regardless of how good or not so good you reckon il capitano is.

bikinigirl

. eenfish ... you may not have noticed another fella playing in that position recently. caceres is a DM and comes highly recommended

. the further inference is that we have already signed a couple of hot young things to next years squad that play in this position ... trying to give caceres his opportunity with hutch and monty has proven difficult enough - having a couple more waiting in the wings for a very rare opportunity may seem wasteful to some

tsd

Thats an odd thing to say, TSD. Because at CB we got Griffiths and Anderson who both are just coming off their best games of the season and Eddy who is known quality but still adjusting to the Aussie game, while at DM we have… Hutch.

Even if you reckon Wilko is better than all the CBs we got (I do), 3 decent guys is still more than literally one guy regardless of how good or not so good you reckon il capitano is.

next season we only have ando and siep signed for CB

in DM we have capt'n hutch, caceres who will both be in front of him, with 3 youth players who are widely regarded as future stars who also play in central midfield

UnitedsNo9

It's so incredible. I remember at the start of the season I was thinking how blessed we were up front: Duke, McBreen, Sterj, Kwas. Then added Simon. Final third also including Flores and weemac. Man we scored a LOT of goals last year!

eenfish

It's so incredible. I remember at the start of the season I was thinking how blessed we were up front: Duke, McBreen, Sterj, Kwas. Then added Simon. Final third also including Flores and weemac. Man we scored a LOT of goals last year!

I remember the start of the season, I was much the same. Thought our attack was going to tear everybody apart! Hah!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred