• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Petition for DANNY

Jimmy

priorpeter said:
Jimmydinho said:
its life, its football, move on people.

A wise man once said "Some people believe that football is life and death... I am very disappointed with that attitude.. It's much, much more than that"

:p

"Football isnt a matter of life and death, its much more than that"  :)

I just think people should move on, and as for "soccer" im guessing your just an alias, and if your not you can go f**k youself you pathetic c**t.

I'm free to give my point of view on this forum, and i think that people should move on.

We will miss Danny I know, but we have a deep squad that can switch around when suspensions or injurys arise and we won a premiership last season because of it.

Where not a one man team for f**k sake.

Bear

soccer said:
what the hell a bogan like you is doing on a save danny petition forum is beyond me...

you sound like you have better things to do with your time.

Lawrie McKinna has signed the petition and Graham Arnold thinks we CANNOT do without him.

that makes you a failure who has no idea what they are talking about.

so why don't you hop into your fully lowered fully sick toyota supra with jetz numberplates and head (jade) north up the F3 until you find a place called GRIFFITH. You will at least have one friend in that town. That's one more than you have on this forum.

Firstly, this is the Marinators Fans Forum, not the "save danny petition forum". This is a thread on the Marinators forum, and being that you are not members of the Marinators (as far as im aware) I personally think you are quite lucky to have this thread on this forum, being that what you are doing is not affiliate with the Marinators (again, as far as im aware)

Secondly, putting Star FM's logo on the shirts because they "followed the story of savedanny.com.au thru news bulletin" dose not wash with me. Common sence, to me, would be to contact the Central Coast Mariners, and see if they would like to contact their sponsors, 2GO and SeaFM, and see if they would like to support the cause (if you have done this, good on you, but your comments suggest you have not)

Thirdly, saying to a member of the Marinators, who has been an active member since day 1 and who is quite respected, the things you did in your post that I have quoted, hmmm, probably not the best way to drum up more support

Bear

Sorry dibo, didnt see your post as I was writing mine, i dont think my post is personal, I think its something someone should have said a long time ago, so being me, iv said it

dibo

Bearinator said:
Sorry dibo, didnt see your post as I was writing mine, i dont think my post is personal, I think its something someone should have said a long time ago, so being me, iv said it

it's not - it plays the ball, not the man. it's a simple idea.

if anybody doesn't get it, maybe they should try taking a deep breath and counting to ten before they post.

Bear

LOL somebody show this to the FFA....

Elizaga Banned For Month For Ref Push - 442

Ecuador goalkeeper Marcelo Elizaga has been banned for one month by the national football federation after pushing a match official during a Campeonato Nacional match.
The 35-year-old confronted referee Samuel Haro during Emelec's derby against Barcelona last Sunday, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Argentinian-born Elizaga, who has been a member of the Tricolor squad since last year, will now miss this week's friendly against Haiti as the suspension is also valid for international matches.

"Elizaga reacted angrily to match referee Samuel Haro because Barcelona forward Marcos Mondaini scored a goal by pushing the ball in with his hand, an action that was annulled by the referee," the match report from Ecuafutbol read.

"(The Emelec goalkeeper) will be able to return on May 4 in the 14th round of fixtures, when Emelec play Deportivo Cuenca at Capwell stadium."

serious14

I think something more apt would be the replay of the Chonburi player who slapped the ref's arm away when he received a yellow card during the ACL game against Melbourne....... what sanction did he receive??

Sweet.  F*ck.  All.

dibo

when the c&%tface cocksmacker incident happened earlier this year, my first reaction was "shit, he'll be gone for 7-8 weeks for that" and that gave way to surprise when I heard the minimum punishment was 12 mths. But that's a question of what the punishment in the code should be, not what it is. It *is* 12mths to life, so that's the context in which we deal with Danny's case.

Now the FFA's tribunals have almost sidestepped the 12mth minimum here in that the've only applied a ban for 9mths and suspended an additional 3mths (thus making it a 12mth suspension).

The Mariners' angle here with further appeals would be to shift the served/suspended balance. If this suspension of a portion of the sentence is a valid act then they could in theory suspend even more of it so that Danny could make the Olympics.

The problem is obviously one of politics - if they do that they'll likely leave Danny available to play in R1 of the HAL which is really a bad outcome as far as the value of the sentence as a deterrent to others is concerned.

dibo

Viva vukovic said:
more evidence in the appeal then so good for danny :)

not really.

i've yet to see anything that suggests the charge of violent conduct is being challenged. from what i gather it's the sentence, but under the letter of FFA disciplinary regs, the minimum suspension is 12mths, though it seems some of this can be suspended.

fish

from what I have been told they have never challenged the charge just the severity of the suspension remembering they were not at the first hearing to apply for anything related to either charge or punishment

T

thanman

fish said:
from what I have been told they have never challenged the charge just the severity of the suspension remembering they were not at the first hearing to apply for anything related to either charge or punishment
I have a feeling we could see this in court..

dibo

thanman said:
fish said:
I have a feeling we could see this in court..

on what grounds though?

as a player registered under the auspices of the FFA (and that could be you or me or any other park footy player too) you are bound by FFA disciplinary guidelines. the rule is pretty clear when you get down to it - violent conduct = ban of 12mths to life. there's really not a lot of wiggle room beyond getting more of the sentence suspended. it's pretty watertight.

fish

I guess they may show examples of previous incidents and the suspensions handed down to those??
Personally I cant see them changing their minds now, so bring on John Filan I say

dibo

fish said:
I guess they may show examples of previous incidents and the suspensions handed down to those??
Personally I cant see them changing their minds now, so bring on John Filan I say

they'd have to be australian examples.

soccer

!! UPDATE ON SAVEDANNY T-SHIRTS!!

These shirts are now a reality.

Colour scheme of the shirts has not been confirmed. Possible designs are a green shirt with yellow print, a yellow shirt with green print or royal blue shirt with yellow print. Any comments/suggestions welcome.
note we will be using the danny face design not the option with the hand ( and no starfm logo).

- any profits will be donated to sydney children's hospital gold week 08.

Bank Deposit now available - we are a 100% positive feedback trusted seller on ebay.

This is not about making money it's about supporting Danny and getting more signatures to reach our goal of 2000 signatures we are now at 1600.

ebay link:  http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270221810816&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred