• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Petition for DANNY

timp

I hope the mods will forgive me for starting this up in its own topic. I just wanted to alert everyone of the SAVE DANNY online petition that we have started. We are trying to get as many signitures as possible and will send them to the FFA and the CCM HQ, via email and hard copy.
By showing our support for DANNY we can help to get his hars punishment lightened.

the url for the petition is:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save_danny/

This petition is being run by my Facebook Danny support group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9241598906

thanks, and please show your support!

kevrenor

Kimba said:
Signed, Sealed and delivered. Good job timp.

I applaud you guys getting off your arses to do this but the wording of the petition is so poorly targeted, I can't sign it, at least not with my media role outside here!  It really needed some legal and sober review if it was to cover arguments as opposed to a fans in support petition. 

Others feel free - go for it!

sorjesk

Do you actually think that the FFA will care that the fans of his club don't want him to be suspended. It's great showing support and all but utterly pointless.

timp

kevrenor said:
Kimba said:
Signed, Sealed and delivered. Good job timp.

I applaud you guys getting off your arses to do this but the wording of the petition is so poorly targeted, I can't sign it, at least not with my media role outside here!  It really needed some legal and sober review if it was to cover arguments as opposed to a fans in support petition. 

Others feel free - go for it!

We tried to be reasonable with our wording. We discussed it quite a bit and are happy with it. I don't think we come accross as being dissapointed fans - I mean, we could have written things more along the lines of "the ffa are sh*t...the mariners are awesome and should have won...joel griffiths is a d*ck and should get more because he's a jets player so we hate him...mark shields is a w*nker and shouldn't be allowed to referee..."etc
but we went for a more 'reasoned argument' approach where we highlighted the aspects leading up to the event, the event itself, and reasons why we feel the punishment is too hard...not all together unnecessary...
anyway...I understand why you feel you can't sign it...but everyone else please get on board.
some say it will achieve nothing...that may be. It may not change the mind of anyone, but it just might help in some small way. doing nothing will achieve nothing, doing something (no matter how small) has the ability to achieve something. It is also to show support for Danny, who probably feels terrible and very alienated right now. It would mean a lot to him to know that there are people out there who feel for him in his situation.

krusty

Well done great job I signed it and joined the facebook sight and sent it to all my contacts. When Joel Griffiths hit the linesman that was alot worse than dannys high five.

soccer

:thumbup:

I have registered the domain name savedanny.com.au

Visitors to this site will be directed to the facebook page and can sign the petition from there.

adz

Staff member
soccer said:
They just skim a minimum $2 from every sucker who wants to sign.

not true mate, that screen asking for money comes up after you sign but you can just close the window without paying anything...

soccer

adz said:
soccer said:
They just skim a minimum $2 from every sucker who wants to sign.

not true mate, that screen asking for money comes up after you sign but you can just close the window without paying anything...

Ok thanks for clarifying that - that makes me the sucker coz I paid $2 bucks. Feel much better now knowing it's voluntary donation - thanks again !

Pokes

^ Careful.

People without a facebook account wont be able to see the site. You may want to redirect it so it goes straight to the petition?

timp

the SAVE DANNY domain now re-directs people straight to the petition sight!!

lets get those petitions rolling in...lets try to reach 1500 by Monday, which is when we are going to email and send hard copies to the FFA and to the MARINERS. We will continue to run the petition after that date as well, until we surpass 2000!!

So keep signing!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred