• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paramount - Urgent action for members

Corsair

The new codes will be sent by the end of August for Season 2022-23 Members.
Throwback to the good old days of early August when this thread started and we got the advice to cancel...ah the memories.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.

midfielder

Throwback to the good old days of early August when this thread started and we got the advice to cancel...ah the memories.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.
A tale of two offers

marinermick

It was the blurst of times

Tevor

Well that’s interesting, this will not go down well with those who think they have already paid for it. I wonder how the Shitney members are reacting to this offer.

Corsair

Don't think it was stated as included for them was it?

I think Melbourne Victory also advertised it as included in the membership fee.

FFC Mariner

Don't think it was stated as included for them was it?

I think Melbourne Victory also advertised it as included in the membership fee.
It was and some of the people who run their forum and the official forum account itself are less than happy.

Corsair

Just in case anyone needs a reminder of what they signed up for....

marinermick

Just in case anyone needs a reminder of what they signed up for....

Attachments

• 48F05988-E0DC-4043-8A8C-99A45F4F93AC.jpeg
    48F05988-E0DC-4043-8A8C-99A45F4F93AC.jpeg
    461.5 KB · Views: 38

pjennings

How many member do we have? I'd assume at the top end 4000 at this stage. I think for the sake of a maximum of $300,000 that the club would do well to honour the commitment. $300,000 might buy a decent player but it will buy a deal of goodwill when other clubs (with bigger memberships) are telling the members to front up with an extra $75.

Rising Sun

How many member do we have? I'd assume at the top end 4000 at this stage. I think for the sake of a maximum of $300,000 that the club would do well to honour the commitment. $300,000 might buy a decent player but it will buy a deal of goodwill when other clubs (with bigger memberships) are telling the members to front up with an extra $75.
If P- or APL aren't coming to the party then is there a sensible alternative to the club just biting the bullet?

They are on the hook legally for this, so even if they withdraw the original offer, they will have to honour for anyone that complains - so could still finish up honouring a fair percentage of the total amount anyway and generating a whole heap of ill-will and bad publicity for the club along the way (that negates any saving they make).

I suspect our hands might be tied though. The likes of SFC and MV would be on the hook for a bigger amount and might want to go down the path of ignoring the offer (seems bling have already shown their hand) and it would look even worse for them if some clubs were honouring the offer. So the APL may dictate that all clubs have to follow a party line. (The $75 offer is being promoted on Keepup for all clubs.)

I don't understand why APL would not just dip into the silver lake money for this, given the potential for ill-will and bad publicity across the entire game.

Tevor

If P- or APL aren't coming to the party then is there a sensible alternative to the club just biting the bullet?

They are on the hook legally for this, so even if they withdraw the original offer, they will have to honour for anyone that complains - so could still finish up honouring a fair percentage of the total amount anyway and generating a whole heap of ill-will and bad publicity for the club along the way (that negates any saving they make).

I suspect our hands might be tied though. The likes of SFC and MV would be on the hook for a bigger amount and might want to go down the path of ignoring the offer (seems bling have already shown their hand) and it would look even worse for them if some clubs were honouring the offer. So the APL may dictate that all clubs have to follow a party line. (The $75 offer is being promoted on Keepup for all clubs.)

I don't understand why APL would not just dip into the silver lake money for this, given the potential for ill-will and bad publicity across the entire game.
You still have a high opinion of the APL, they are rubbish and are driving the league into the ground with their inexperience and incompetence. They will hang the clubs out to dry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred