• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paramount - Urgent action for members

Corsair

This year all categories got it. Last season it was only the reserved seats that had it bundled for free and I paid an add on. This season I kept my navy membership instead of dropping to the much cheaper yellow so I’ll be annoyed if I need to fork out the extra because I already feel like I tried to do the right thing by the club.
This is exactly the point. Everyone knows there will be cheap arses buying yellow at 104 and sitting in the navy sections. I didn't want to stiff the club so I bought navy with P+ included at the increased price.

JoyfulPenguin

I am coming at this from a prawn-sandwich perspective only and maybe not fully informed. My P- subscription is included in my gold membership at no extra cost as part of base benefits of that category and I will be sent a code whether I want it or not. The not unreasonable assumption - given that the ticket price did not increase - is that the clubs expectation was that this offer was funded elsewhere i.e P- promotion

Are you saying that some membership categories did not include the P- offer as part of the standard member benefits and in that case there was an option to "bundle" the P- subscription into the membership package by paying an extra amount at the time of purchase (presumably a discounted rate)? E.g. for yellow membership you had the option to just buy the membership at $104, or could bundle the membership and P- and pay c$180?
Only the Supporter memberships were not bundled with Paramount Plus (but you could add it for extra if you wanted).

For me personally the Paramount Plus code was the significant difference in me going from a Home and Away/Supporter membership to a Yellow membership.

Last year I was a Home and Away member, as I live in Melbourne, but that was discontinued so I had a choice between Supporter and Yellow. To support the club I upgraded my membership but the code being bundled was the deciding factor which in reality was a $70 difference.

As a Uni student that isn't chump change for me. While I will eventually pay for Paramount if the codes don't arrive it's also something difficult to budget for after thinking I had it sorted for a year.

I can't really attend as I can rarely visit the Coast and Paramount Plus is essentially my lifeline to the club.

All this is clearly not the club's fault and I commend our membership team for trying to resolve it. But it is worrying that less than a month out from start of the season it hasn't been sorted.

Rising Sun

the term offer is ominous
Its the words "will be" that rile me, rather than use of the word "offer". An offer HAS ALREADY been made (i.e. free subscription as part of membership package) and that people are hot under the collar about the lack of fulfilment of that offer. DGB is well aware that is the issue, so why would he be tweeting "an offer WILL BE made". Also the distancing of himself from the matter by saying "I believe..." like he is passing on something he has heard. He should be front and centre in sorting the mess out and should know exactly what is going to happen and when (his tweet was 11 days ago btw) and if that is not the case then probably best that he just stfu.

turbo

Sounds like that offer is gone now.
A statement from the club would help.
It's the sensible thing to do if its up in the air, you can always give more but you can't take away a feature the customer has paid for. But yeah some communication would be good, suspect the APL is still trying to get something done and P+ is dragging the chain or being stubborn.

turbo

Hope that clears everything up
Clear as mud. Hopefully the bits outside their control is just the features that we were all expecting to be working for the season launch. APL can make all the noise it wants but if that's not ready for some reason they cant make it ready any faster. I can see a situation where Paramount was on board for free or heavily discounted member codes and they've reneged on it so they've been going back and forward to cut a deal. They wouldnt really want to broadcast that and fracture the relationship further.

FFC Mariner

If you want some communication, DGB sent out a word salad tweet on the subject on Sunday night:

"Resolutions to the rest of this stuff that we can control will play out this week and next and we should all get excited about a big season"

Hope that clears everything up
"Stuff that we can control"

There is his out. Just another corporate drone miles out of his depth.
SM shoyld dust off the resume, job going soon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred