• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Our Beloved Monty

Corsair

The language around this is changing rapidly...

These articles never state the source of their information, usually because they've copied the story from another media outlet who made it up after they saw a comment on reddit.

Maybe it's true but it seems very unlikely unless there's a big payout for the club.

pjennings

I think we have to get used to Monty being discussed this way. Do I think he will take this job - no. Does he want his named discussed for jobs in England and Scotland - of course.

The name recognition (as a manager), particularly if we have another good season both here and in Asia will stand him in good stead. My concern would be if we are travelling well mid season, here and Asia, and Sheffield United are struggling. An offer there would be too hard to refuse.

Ads

A couple of consideration points for Monty may also be that it is a good time to make the move as far as his kids having a year to get used to the country before moving into high school, etc.
No idea of-course but as a parent all things like these come into play.

And secondly after 2 strong seasons, what if the team does actually flop this year.
Loses his value and momentum.

I highly doubt that will happen but you never know.

crock

A couple of consideration points for Monty may also be that it is a good time to make the move as far as his kids having a year to get used to the country before moving into high school, etc.
No idea of-course but as a parent all things like these come into play.

And secondly after 2 strong seasons, what if the team does actually flop this year.
Loses his value and momentum.

I highly doubt that will happen but you never know.
agreed i think personally now is monty best chance i suspect if monty goes we may have a caretaker for afc cup

scottmac

Suspended
It was an ex coach who felt so threatened that he got Cahn fired.
Absolutely deserves a shot if and when the time comes
For those in the know, would Cahn ride this horse again?

It wasn't a great ride last time. Seriously lost his 20c on that horsey ride.

crock

A curse on you and your family. May all your chair legs be uneven.
im just pointing out the fact as someone pointed out there could be reasons for monty wanting to express interest we are going to lose him at some point whether its now or at the end of season either way im ready for the fact he will likely be overseas within the next 12 months

scottmac

Suspended
im just pointing out the fact as someone pointed out there could be reasons for monty wanting to express interest we are going to lose him at some point whether its now or at the end of season either way im ready for the fact he will likely be overseas within the next 12 months
I get it. As does every other Mariners fan. I'm telling you...,...... No.
Listen mate, what are you talking about, there's no transfer here. Here,,,,, there's no transfer.
Transfer, no.

Robbo?
No transfer.

???

scottmac

Suspended
However, in all seriousness. Monty first have the convo with cumdog about coming back in 2, if he's not here for that 2. Monty will be here for the next 2 to 3 and will leave for a big job.

Defs not hibs.

Hibs. ?????

priorpeter

For those in the know, would Cahn ride this horse again?

It wasn't a great ride last time. Seriously lost his 20c on that horsey ride.
Yep. He was very close to getting the gig last time. Whether or not he’d be on the shortlist this time is another question, with different people leading the recruitment charge. He’d be close to the top of my list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred